Threads in Forum : Installation and Setup of Vista Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
windows 98 to xp by lara7474
can you put a xp recovery disk in a windows 98 system to covert it to a xp system, -- croft
May 5th 08 05:59 PM
by Cari \(MS-MVP\) Go to last post
3 241
Success with SP1 install by Sage - John Leonard
SUCCESS !!! HOPE THIS HELPS SOME? Had the same message - this is what I did: 1 - say a little prayer!!!! 2- close all apps running and shut down Norton Anti Virus 3- disconnect all usb (EXCEPT MY MOUSE)
May 5th 08 07:31 PM
by Sage - John Leonard Go to last post
0 217
How do I move my system partition? by DougW
I have an interesting situation. Disk 0 is my D: drive, and Disk 1 contains my C:, which contains Vista. The volume on Disk 0 is marked as being the system volume. Just about everything else (boot, paging, etc) is all on disk 1. How can I make Disk 1 (the one containing the Vista install) the system volume? Thanks!
May 5th 08 07:59 PM
by andy Go to last post
1 206
Acrobat disappear after an update (Vista) by Sykab
Hi! While adobe acrobat 8 was doing an update, a message of error appear (I didn't pay attention...). After this, I realised that Acrobat was uninstall... so I can't read any PDF. Someone can help me?
May 5th 08 11:04 PM
by Richard G. Harper Go to last post
3 266
perflogs by Bob Brazie
What is the new c:PerfLogs folder for in Vista home premium? Thanks in advance. Bob.
May 6th 08 12:27 AM
by Bob Brazie Go to last post
0 252
Monitor out of range. New Install by Cezar
I've reinstalled 3 times now as per MSFTs request and I still get the problem where after a few reboots, it says my monitor is out of range. I only have this one LCD and nothing else. Main C drive is XP Pro and d drive has a clean install of Vista. Anyone got any suggestions?
May 6th 08 12:56 AM
by Bruce Chambers Go to last post
2 223
Windows failed to start by Krrong
I am building a brand new system and bit the bullet and am attempting to install Vista Ultimate 64 with SP1 (Brand Spanking New DVD with SP1 on it). Everything boots up just fine, memory is okay (4 Gb), install runs fine and after the reboot, I get the following: File: \Windows\system32\ntoskrnl.exe Status: 0xc00000e9
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
May 6th 08 01:10 AM
by Krrong Go to last post
12 369
Problem with unattended installation by Vuong Nguyen
When I try to do an unattended installation on a specialized computer that we have built, the Vista installation gets to the Copy files section, and then gives the following error: Windows could not prepare the computer to boot into the next phase of installation I know that the setup has partitioned and formatted my harddrive because I start with a blank hard drive, and when I get to that...
May 6th 08 01:15 AM
by Darrell Gorter[MSFT] Go to last post
1 207
Vista to Vista Easy Transfer by Edge3333
I attempted several Easy Transfers from my Vista PC to my Vista laptop using a shared network connection. These were aborted due to network problems. The network is now functioning properly. Now , when I attempt the transfer, I get a message "there may not be sufficient disk space" even though I have over 120 GB of free hard drive space on the laptop. When I try the transfer anyway, it...
May 6th 08 09:34 AM
by Mick Murphy Go to last post
1 231
Windows vista 64 bits by leplaneur84
Good evening Is i possible to exchange a windows vista 32 bits with a vista 64 bits ? thanks.
May 6th 08 09:38 AM
by Mick Murphy Go to last post
2 208
Vista OEM and new mobo by Javier López-E
Hello, I ask your help to solve a dilemma I have a P4 team assembled by me with windows vista view OEM running. I want to retire this PC and change it to a new mobo and micro completely different. I know I need another license of Windows to activate the new equipment. My question is can I use a new W.V. ultimate OEM licence and, incidentally, upgrade from business that I have installed? or must...
May 6th 08 09:49 AM
by Mick Murphy Go to last post
3 332
Vista boot up trouble by Bart[_3_]
I have vista loaded on an INtel 865 motherboard with a 500 Gb SATA drive as the C drive. Installation was fine. If I reboot, I get the error about not having a boot device. If I have the Vista DVD in the ROM drive, I get the message about booting from Disc, but if I ignore it, the computer boots up from the Hard drive. I want to be able to to take the disc out of the drive and boot normally....
May 6th 08 04:46 PM
by Brink Go to last post
2 242
Installation Error by amazone
It's new laptop and just was running installation (Home Vista Premium), then suddenly a error message "the computer restarted unexpectedly or encountered an unexpected error. Windows installation cannot proceed. To install windows, click "OK" or restart the computer, and then restart the installation". But no matter what I've tried, that message appears again. Has anyone encountered the same...
May 6th 08 06:04 PM
by javanrhino Go to last post
2 256
I can't seem to get any channel on the media Center! help!! by Becky
I've tried to set up the media center but i can't seem to get any channels. I am using a set top box to get some digital channels but when i scan for them the picture comes up all fuzzy so i don't know what to do. Anyone got any suggestions?
May 6th 08 06:16 PM
by Becky Go to last post
0 262
How to partition a disk in vista by rakesh
I recently bought a laptop which has two drives . C: drive has the Os installed(120 gb) and D: drive is the recovery drive (10 gb). I want to create 3 more partitions. how can i do that? -- rakesh
May 6th 08 06:30 PM
by Jawade Go to last post
4 286
Install hangs on checking compatibility by rjc
I have a Toshiba G35 AV650 and I just upgraded the bios (3.8) today. I'm trying to upgrade to 32 bit vista ultimate and it all works until the checking compatibility screen. The green bar goes across, disappears and goes across again endlessly. The compatibilityadvisor said everything was fine. Any ideas? Thanks. Nothing's connected except power and ethernet.
May 6th 08 06:38 PM
by rjc Go to last post
3 277
Troubleshooting Excessive CPU usage by PhilTheGap[_2_]
Hi there, After installing Vista Ultimate, I am experiencing problems with processes using an excessive amount of CPU. However when I run the task manager, and clicking on "Show processs from all users", I can't see which process is responsible since none is consuming more than a few percent of the CPU... My computer is obviously very slow and I haven't installed any program yet. Anyone...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
May 6th 08 07:22 PM
by Greg Go to last post
10 372
Dual boot - private / company by Michel777
Dear community, our notebooks should be used non-corporate and corporate. Corporate: the Windows is frozen, unmanaged. No updates, no patches and only an application is running and only this application can communicate with the server (db replication). The user can only wiht this application interact, he has no other access (application, filesystem, USB, network,...). Non-Corporate: no...
May 6th 08 08:01 PM
by Kerry Brown Go to last post
3 278
Vista Ultimate X64 Install Issues by Wrice
First let me give you my setup and then my issues and see what the problem may be. PS: 500WT SLI ready Mobo: ASUS Striker II Formula LGA 775 NVIDIA nForce 780i SLI CPU: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 Kentsfield 2.4GHz Video: XFX PVT94PYDF4 GeForce 9600GT 512MB 256-bit GDDR3 PCI Express 2.0 x2 Memory: Mushkin 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) x2 HDD: Western Digital Caviar SE16...
May 7th 08 12:36 AM
by Hobo Go to last post
3 232
Microsoft not fully supporting 64 bit? by Greg
I built a Vista PC a month ago and transferred my settings from my now defunct XP PC. However, when I tried to transfer my apps so I could avoid installing most of them again, the Easy Transfer Companion program said it would not run on a 64 bit OS. So an MS product (WETC) does not support another MS product, Windows Vista 64-bit?!? How hard is it for them to create a 64-bit version of...
May 7th 08 05:33 AM
by Bender Go to last post

From The