Threads in Forum : Installation and Setup of Vista Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
Probem with vista basic registration number. by Cookie
Any ideas please, I have just replaced my vista basic on my dell pc with a full new business vista package and new product key fine(not using the original vista basic at all). When i then loaded the basic vista on my non dell laptop i am being told the product key is invalid? any ideas why or how I can resolve this - Is this Dell blocking me re-using the vista basic key on another make of...
May 10th 08 06:54 PM
by Bruce Chambers Go to last post
1 220
Can't upgrade from XP 32 bit media edition to Vista Ultimate 64 bi by imartin26
I get past the press any key to boot from CD or DVD then the loading Vista files screen and it gets to a screen that looks like where the setup would begin, I then see my mouse pointer but but nothing loads. Does anyone have any suggetions?
May 10th 08 07:34 PM
by Carey Frisch [MVP][_2_] Go to last post
2 242
Repairs to Vista by nalanirak
I am running Vista Home Premium (64bit) (OEM) and have a few problems which would be solved by re-installing the OS. But having read some of these answers it would seem that I cannot do a repair with the OEM DVD, how then can I get the required software to carry out this operation? Does anyone have any Ideas? Help would be appreciated.
May 10th 08 11:11 PM
by Notelerach Go to last post
5 252
Can I buy OEM Vista and use it on HP Pavillion laptop ? by Emerald Saint
Hello. I totally broke the Vista on my HP Pavillion dv2000 laptop. The Pavillion is about 1.5 years old. I am going to buy a Vista installation DVD. OEM DVDs are cheaper. I used OEM versions of WinXP on homebuilt desktop PCs and never had any problem. Are there potential problems using an OEM Vista DVD on a HP Pavillion ? Because it is an HP I wonder if there is some 'proprietary'...
May 11th 08 12:42 AM
by Emerald Saint Go to last post
7 314
Problem with DNS by Anhina
I have a window vista home basic recently I decided to upgrade it to window vista business but after install I can't seem to activate the window it say something like DNS is not real something like that can someone tell me how to renew DNS please :cry: Thank you in advance -- Anhina
May 11th 08 01:06 AM
by Anhina Go to last post
0 235
Transferring Data by SQ
I jus got a new laptop and was using the easy transfer cable from XP to Vista. I transferred the programs, but when I open them up on the new laptop, one says a required registration key was not found. Another program needs a serial number.....aren't these supposed to come over in the transfer? I downloaded the one program needing a registration key and it did not install correctly. Does...
May 11th 08 07:46 AM
by DL Go to last post
3 211
How to remove Windows Media player or overwrite/repair the install by Rikster
I need to overwrite or remove but am unable to.
May 11th 08 08:25 AM
by spexxx Go to last post
4 221
Microsoft's AnyWasteOfTime Upgrade - Now with new useless locker. by jprall
Microsoft - What's up with this?! 1) Laptop comes with Vista Business, I purchase an upgrade to Ultimate with the vista anytime upgrade DVD (10 bucks + upgrade cost). I run fine for a little over a year including the service pack 1 install recently. 2) Vista decides to stop working. I had a trojan/virus and though I thought I cleaned it, I suspect I didn't. Computer won't boot whatsoever....
May 11th 08 11:40 AM
by Bender Go to last post
3 199
vista sidebar by Jati
helo microsoft, why i cant run my windows vistaside bar? would u help me? please give me a sofware windows vista sidebar. so i can reinstal again. thanks, Jati
May 11th 08 12:15 PM
by Ramesh, MS-MVP[_2_] Go to last post
2 190
Problems with Vista Business registration number by Computer Loco Girl!
Hi! I bouught my computer at the store about 3 months ago and it was all fine until it had a little problem. It had a Windows Vista Basic program and the problem was a hardrive one. I took it to the computer repairman to fix the problem so everything would be ok. But once it came back it came with a Windows XP program. I was gonna buy the Windows Vista again but I called my computer...
May 11th 08 12:29 PM
by Rick Rogers Go to last post
2 251
Vista Basic to Vista Business Upgrade-loss of data by regostein
I have a Dell Vostro with Vista Home Basic. I bought a retail upgrade package to Vista Business. I used the upgrade option. None of my data appears to be available. My programs transferred. It looks like I have about 55 GB of hard disc space occupied, so I assume my data is still on the drive. How can I recover it and my settings? Am I going to have to go back to a restore point and...
May 11th 08 12:32 PM
by Rick Rogers Go to last post
1 219
To all you Moms out there by Lady Tex
Thanks SG :) There's a bit of being a Mom in all of us :) LT "SG" wrote: Happy Mothers Day I wish you all the best and hope everyone has a great day.
May 11th 08 03:56 PM
by Lady Tex Go to last post
0 201
Resize Cluster to 16K on the boot drive by Dattron
Can vista 32 pro install on an ntfs partition formated with 16k clusters. If so how can I format the drive to 16k clusters using the vista boot cd, are there any steps or commands I need to do during the boot sequence? And are there any "stable" third party programs or suggestions so I don't have to dump the current os that is on the drive? As I believe that the image file restores the...
May 11th 08 04:16 PM
by Dattron Go to last post
6 217
Switch Vista Versions between Desktop and Laptop by Tony Olson
I bought two upgrade DVD's (Home Basic and Home Basic Premium) and installed the Home Basic on my Desktop and Home Basic Premium on my laptop. So I find that I would like to switch my Home Basic Premium to my Desktop. I'm concerned about the "activation" process. I would assume (on installation) that the Home Basic Premium DVD could/would be an upgrade to the Home Basic on my desktop. My...
May 11th 08 04:52 PM
by Tony Olson Go to last post
2 196
Problem customising regional settings by Trevor
I'm running Vista Ultimate SP1. When I try to customise the numbers I have discovered that the standard digits selection hs a problem. Opening the selection the first row are readable digits -- the remaining rows are just squiggles. This is the same whether I try US or UK settings. How do I get this fixed? TIA Trevor
May 11th 08 05:20 PM
by Trevor Go to last post
0 200
SP1 Stage 3 of 3 0% complete by John D Leonard -- Sage
Tried to install the update SP1 for Vista Business and got hung with Stage 3 of 3 - 0% complete - Do not restart ..... I did re-start and ran it in Safe mode. Stage 3 of 3 completed 100% and re-started the computer. When starting up the system got hung again with Stage 3 of 3 - 0% complete - Do not restart ? I have more than what is required for disk space and memory.
May 11th 08 07:21 PM
by Donald L McDaniel[_3_] Go to last post
4 223
Bluetooth Printer Installation Problem by Be the Change
I need some help setting up a bluetooth printer. It seems like it should be an easy problem to solve, but for some reason its just not working. I have windows vista. a bluetooth adapter not made by my printer manufacturer but is supposed to be compatible with my printer AND vista. I have a dell laptop with built in bluetooth capability. The printer is an Epson Photo Stylus RX595 What happens:
May 11th 08 07:22 PM
by Be the Change Go to last post
0 199
Error Code: 0x8007232B by basiclawofwar
Hello everyone, I hope everyone's doing good. I am newbie here, so hi, everyone. Well my problem arises from activating the product. (See attachment) I get this error everytime; there are no dns issues on my computer; and can access the internet just fine.
May 11th 08 07:51 PM
by t-4-2[_98_] Go to last post
2 270
Do I need to leave 8MB of unallocated space on Vista hard drive by nowthenms
When you install Windows XP it always leaves at least 8MB of unallocated space. I seem to remember that it had a possible functional use. Do I need to do the same in Vista Home Premium? Thank you
May 11th 08 09:04 PM
by Nepatsfan Go to last post
5 378
Windows Easy Transfer Hangs On A File by Keith
I am trying to use Windows Easy Transfer to transfer documents and settings from a Window XP machine to a new Vista Professional machine. I am trying to do this over our network (SBS2003 if that's relevant). Windows Easy Transfer seems to be working fine to a point, but then it gets stuck on a particular file (on the XP machine) and doesn't continue. A flashing icon appears near the top...
May 12th 08 02:19 AM
by Aloha_disc Go to last post

From The