Threads in Forum : Installation and Setup of Vista Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
Windows ETC by Dutch O
I have upgrded my WIndows XP to SP3, and now I found out that WETC does not load onto a machine with XP SP3 is that true? -- Dutch O
May 12th 08 05:14 PM
by DL Go to last post
1 319
Resetting vista DRM?? by Carlo Razzeto
Hey there, I just recently finished upgrading my system from an nfroce 4 based Athlon 64x2 to a quad phenom 9850 with an amd 790fx based motherboard. So far it's all gone very well except one nagging issue. My media center can no longer record TV and my Zune player keeps throwing out error messages regarding media rights needing to be reset. After checking the event log I confirmed that...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
May 12th 08 06:02 PM
by Carlo Razzeto Go to last post
14 487
Vista Clean Install WITHOUT DVD drive?????? by mike
I picked up the Vista Ultimate DVD at the "Heroes" seminar. I'm trying to intstall it on my test machine. The machine has no DVD drive. I tried copying the DVD contents to a secondary partition, but I can't find any .exe files that will run from a dos boot. Is there any way to get Vista install started without a bootable DVD drive? I do have a CD drive on the machine...can I split the DVD into...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
May 12th 08 06:39 PM
by mike Go to last post
10 474
WEP Key Index by shortbean[_2_]
Found it click Control Panel / Manage Wireless Connections / right click network name 'support_W' / Properties / Security / key index 1-4 ..... that manage menu didn't seem to be there earlier.... hope this helps the next person. -- shortbean
May 12th 08 07:00 PM
by shortbean[_2_] Go to last post
1 207
Conflicts by PhilTheGap
My brand new Vista was awfully slow, the CPU being used by the hardware interrupts. I deactivate the "PCI.sys" driver since the device management told me this for pci.sys: Memory 000A0000 - 000BFFFF used by: \Driver\VgaSave I/O 03B0 - 03BB used by: \Driver\VgaSave I/O 03C0 - 03DF used by: \Driver\VgaSave
May 12th 08 07:46 PM
by PhilTheGap Go to last post
0 190
MS by Howie[_2_]
Hi all...........I am wondering if this message board is operated and monitored by Microsoft employees? The answers appear to be authoritative. There are some, however that seem to be selling something. What does the after the name mean? Thanks
May 12th 08 08:27 PM
by David B.[_3_] Go to last post
2 451
my computer says im not administrator(a lost in translation versio by alostintranslationboy
im an exchange student in germany and i thought "hey to help with my german, i should buy a german laptop" happenstance has it that i cant fix any troubleshoots because ...i cant speak german. Ive installed a few programmes but for some reason when i tried to install a certain programme, my computer told me that i wasnt an administrator. Answers bitte:D
May 12th 08 08:34 PM
by Malke[_2_] Go to last post
1 213
Exteneded partition by rakesh
There are no extended partition in my drive. only two primary partition are there. how can i do that. -- rakesh
May 12th 08 10:00 PM
by andy Go to last post
2 286
installing MS small business office 2003 onto Windows Vista Home P by Scott
I bought a new laptop with Vista Home Premium and was told that I could install office 2003 without a problem. I have the disc for small business office 2003, that I have installed on my PC with windows XP pro. I load the disc and the wizard opens and starts the download but stops about 1/4 of the way through saying there is an error- a file is missing and to use the disc ( which I already...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
May 13th 08 02:54 AM
by V Green Go to last post
10 336
How do I roll back Dreamscene? by Roknrol
I used DreamScene Preview without any problems. I stopped using it for awhile and recently attempted to run it, only to find out that M$ crippled their final release. Preview worked great for me - I'd like to roll Dreamscene back to the functional version that I can use. I have the original .cab file for DreamScene Preview, and am capable of uninstalling the full version without any...
May 13th 08 04:00 AM
by Brink Go to last post
6 250
bluetoth device manager by ngv15
im trying to find the bluetooth manager icon in the control panel folder but i cant find it anywhere and i cant installed my new mouse now
May 13th 08 02:38 PM
by JW Go to last post
1 286
Error 5 after joining domain.... by PriusGeek
OK, here's one. I just received a new Dell D630 notebook that came with a Vista Ultimate upgrade disk, so I went ahead and installed it. Everything went just fine, no problems until I joined the machine to our W2K3 domain. The first time I rebooted, all was well, and I was able to use it, access resources, etc. However on the NEXT reboot, when the system came up, none of the network interfaces...
May 13th 08 03:36 PM
by BirgerH[_2_] Go to last post
1 292
Duel Boot Problem by Skryark
Hello, When I got Vista I was already running XP, so a decide to install as a duel boot so I could have both. Now I want to remove XP but cannot as the system continues to see it as the boot drive (as far as I can tell). I have 3 hard drives and XP and Vista are installed on seperate drives. I've tried some fixes suggested on forums. I tried unplugging the XP HD and loading from the...
May 13th 08 08:21 PM
by Skryark Go to last post
3 307
Retrieve MAK after crash by Trey[_2_]
We have 15 MAK for volume licensing. If I activate a MAK and that machine crashes, how do I retrieve that MAK. I am using VAMT to activate. Is there something in VAMT to do this?
May 13th 08 08:46 PM
by Trey[_2_] Go to last post
2 190
Error when trying to install fonts by KrazyKJ
I'm using Vista and I have a bunch of ttf files on an external drive. When I use Control Panel to try to install the fonts it tells me that they aren't valid. Explorer has them tagged at True Type Fonts, so I'm not sure where the problem is coming from. Any thoughts on how to get around this problem? TIA! KJ
May 13th 08 09:37 PM
by John Inzer Go to last post
1 284
install vista in arabic by walled
i installed vista by defult in arabic on hp laptop i tried to change to english but bi can not any one can help me thanks
May 14th 08 01:39 AM
by Rick Rogers Go to last post
1 174
Error when trying to install a program by XZ3R0[_3_]
I am running vista and get the following error, "the windows installer service could not be accessed. this can occur if the windows installer is not correctly installed. contact your support personnel for assistance." when trying to install certain programs, but not all of them. I have tried all the suggestions i could find on microsofts kb. Along with, checking that the service is running and is...
May 14th 08 04:25 AM
by XZ3R0[_3_] Go to last post
0 199
Works Suite 2006 vs Office Word 2007 by Rich P.
I have a laptop with Vista Home Premium (32 bit), service pack 1. I purchased Works Suite 2006 when I ordered the computer. I loaded the disc and all worked perfect. Reciently I received 2 e-mails with attachments from Europe of some very important documents. I could not open them. In error I think I said yes at the wrong window and downloaded Office Word 2007. After I opened it two...
May 14th 08 08:09 AM
by DL Go to last post
1 233
Boot errors by waynstar[_5_]
I have a similar problem. until I read my error logs, I had no idea that on every boot up (for at about a month, BTHIPa64 (or BTHlPa64) and PxHlpa64 are failing to load. There has been no on-screen error warning so I didn't know this was happening. I don't have any Music Match software I can uninstall and a search fails to find the files. Could it be some sort of Malware? --
May 14th 08 10:28 AM
by waynstar[_5_] Go to last post
0 378
Need info on "How to find" after installing SP1 by Walker1
Hi All, I d-loaded & installed SP1 yesterday and have 2 questions. Where do I go to find the settings for (1) Putting a saved picture to my desktop & (2) Getting the Vista graphics working- I mean when I run the mouse over a picture in a folder I no longer see the image @ the bottom of my screen. I have Vista Home Premium and everything else is running fine. I have looked in many places...
May 14th 08 12:34 PM
by Walker1 Go to last post

From The