Threads in Forum : Installation and Setup of Vista Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
A Disk Read Error Occurred - Microsoft Please Advise On A Fix! by Rico
Sounding like a broken record now. Got the exact same problem. Tried three different hard drives, all known good. Tried formatting the drive with Partition Magic first, no go. Tried letting the install format the drive, no go. My pc has an 800mz Pentium processor with the required ram. The repair log indicates the OS loaded successfully. Yeah, I would like Microsoft to weigh in and...
October 6th 06 12:08 PM
by Rico Go to last post
0 188
Cannot install required files Error 0x80070714 by Ken Teleis
I am trying to install Vista RC1 Build 5600 on a Dell Optiplex GX-280 with 80GB SATA drive. I deleted the partition and created a new one and then formatted. Install gets about 98% complete in uncompressing files then I get an error that says "Windows cannot install required files. Make sure all files required for installation are available and restart installation - Error Code...
October 6th 06 12:30 PM
by Ken Teleis Go to last post
2 251
unzipping the downloaded files by Ross
i Just got done downloading RC1 32-bit version and when i use win-rar to extract the file all there is is a read me that is 135 bites, wheres the bulk of the file?
October 6th 06 12:47 PM
by Jane C Go to last post
7 204
unzipping the downloaded files by Theo
Richard Urban, this is how people try to "create" a bootable CD or DVD. No, it does not need extracting. It is a full iso image. To burn with Nero, use StartSmart, Copy and Backup tab, then select Burn DVD Image. Or by using the full Nero Burning ROM, close any wizards, then on the Recorder tab, select Burn Image. Nero will write the image direct to DVD. Burn at the lowest speed possible,...
October 6th 06 12:56 PM
by Jane C Go to last post
3 247
windows vista does not open by pressman
I down loaded Vista rc1. the short cut does not open program. The dowm load took 11.00 hours. I have since ordered the disk but I would to know the down load did not work.
October 6th 06 01:17 PM
by Theo Go to last post
2 186
Uninstall Vista 64 from duel boot by news.microsoft.com
I have Win XP on one drive and Vista 64 (5600) on another. I want to remove Vista 64 without messing up Win XP but am wooried about simply deleting and formating the Vista drive. How? Thanks M
October 6th 06 02:08 PM
by THOMAS KOLAKOWSKI Go to last post
1 214
Stuck on "Finishing Installation"... by MICHAELSD
When I was upgrading to Vista RC1 the other day it was stuck on the last step "Finishing Installation". After it was on this for over 3 hours I rollback to XP.I upgraded all my hardware and everything before the installation just like the Upgrade Advisor told me to. Also, I was using a virtual drive to mount the Vista RC1 ISO. Is there anyway to fix this problem or was it just one those...
October 6th 06 02:31 PM
by Marcos [iJustice] Go to last post
1 149
Norton Problem by Richard
RC1 will not load as an upgrade to XP because it tells me I must first uninstall Norton's programs. I have done everything I can, including a search and destroy using regedit for the terms Symantec and Norton but it still reports that Norton programs must be uninstalled. Any suggestions? Richard.
October 6th 06 04:09 PM
by Richard Go to last post
5 256
Failure on Install by Richard
Upon Vista's abort of the update it reports : "Could not update the computer's boot configuration". What does this mean and how do it get around this issue? . Richard.
October 6th 06 04:11 PM
by Richard Go to last post
0 245
Cannot send email from Windows Mail by nola3716
I receive mail just fine but cannot send mail. I have read all the threads in this forum and none seem to cover my problem. When I attempt to send I get a dial up box and I cannot see anyway to turn it off. I am on DSL so we are connected all the time. The part of the setup that would cover this is faded out. I have added Windows Mail to the FireWall exceptions. I am running Vista Build...
October 6th 06 07:05 PM
by nola3716 Go to last post
0 275
0x800705B4 turns into 0x80072f8f???? by Allan
I tried the fix Tony Krijnen posted for 0x800705B4, and now I am getting this message when it tries to activate. Activation failed, and now it gives me the following... Code:0x80072f8f Description: Unable to find detailed error description The Facility Code is win 32(0x07) Facility Error: 0x2f8f(12175L)
October 6th 06 07:24 PM
by fredapklunk Go to last post
1 418
0X0000007B by MAXMN98
When RC1 reboots I get this error message. I'm not running any raid arrays and the raid controller is disabled in the BIOS. I have an ASUS A8V Deluxe, AMD 3700+, 1 GB, 2 HD (200 & 160), DVDRW and CDRW. I've installed the lates VIA raid controllers but it didn't work. Any ideas as to what could be a next step. -- MBN
October 6th 06 08:14 PM
by Theo Go to last post
2 223
problems with the DVD by Kozhaya
when I try to install windows vista on my computer I get this message:D:\setup.exe is not a win 32 valid aplicacion... what I should do???
October 6th 06 08:33 PM
by Spirefm Go to last post
2 135
Make a dvd by ctrue0
when i download vista rc1 what should i do to make it a bootable dvd?
October 6th 06 08:39 PM
by Spirefm Go to last post
6 291
installing rc1 on pre rc1 by jacynh
got my dvd a week ago will not finish installation. it say it has incounted an error. and will roll back to previse system. and suggestions. also how can i get build 5728 to see if that works. the pre rc1 is working great no problems . also what dvd burning software will work
October 6th 06 08:56 PM
by Spirefm Go to last post
1 205
CD Images by Craig Lawrence
Maybe there should be a cd/dvd media test for the downloaded images so that there is no disc errors. Fedora has a disc check for every release of their os... ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
October 6th 06 09:52 PM
by Craig Lawrence Go to last post
10 321
product key by adgirling
i downloaded the rc1 from microsoft and recieved an email from them with the product key, but now when trying to install vista the supplied key does not work, i emailed microsoft and am waiting for a responce but wondered if anyone had any ideas i could try now? it is the 32 bit version, downloaded yesterday. Thanks for your time.
October 6th 06 10:24 PM
by Mark W Scheidell Go to last post
3 173
windows vista by rob5773
i have windows vista rc-1 on dvd can someone tell me if i install this on my hard drive 150 gb which has xp on it at the moment will i lose all my doc,music,programs etc that is already on my c;drive or will vista keep these and just replace my xp o.s.
October 6th 06 11:31 PM
by avalon Go to last post
2 145
Upgrade advisor by Marty584
Hi, I have installed the latest verison of the vista upgrade advisor from the microsoft site and it installs fine and appears on the screen ok. When I press scan it sets off and after abiut 30 seconds I get an error advising that the scan was unable to complete and I should uninstall and reinstall the latest version of the upgrade advisor, I have done this about 5 times now and still...
October 6th 06 11:41 PM
by Marty584 Go to last post
0 294
DVDForm Application Uninstallation??? by dtfreak05
I'm trying to install RC1 on my Fujitsu Lifebook, but it's teling me that I need to uninstall DVDForm Application before I can continue. I can't figure it out, can anyone help?
October 7th 06 01:12 AM
by dtfreak05 Go to last post

From The