Threads in Forum : Music, Pictures and Video with Vista Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
  Rating Reverse Sort Order Thread / Thread Starter Last Post Replies Views
Vista streaming problem! by WigF1
Hi guys, I am trying to play an MPG on my XBOX360 and it keeps saying "Video Error" - I believe this only started to occur after the last dashboard patch. When I look in my event log, I see the following message: "The Terminal Server security layer detected an error in the protocol stream and has disconnected the client." The source is listed as TermDD and the EventID is 56.
March 9th 07 07:43 PM
by Stephen Naylor Go to last post
7 166
New and Confused - How Do I get the games on my dvds to work? by HeatheratHome
Hi, I'm going to sound absolutely uneducated but okay here it goes.. New Computer (Emachine) has two trays for dics on the tower. Kid wants to play games that are on her dvd's but when we load them it will only play the movies - when we get to the games it says you must insert the disc now. Well, the disc is inserted in the top tray. The 2nd tray slot doesn't do anything when you hit the...
March 9th 07 02:24 PM
by Dana Cline - MVP Go to last post
3 112
RAW and Photo Gallery by Barry
I've been organizing my collection of photos using tags from Windows Photo Gallery. I do a lot of photo work with Canon digital SLR's and often shoot in RAW format. I've just read that there have been problems with image files with metadata attached (from some cameras etc.) when tags are used from Windows Photo Gallery. I read that Windows Photo Gallery would often times refuse to open...
March 8th 07 09:52 PM
by Barry Go to last post
0 113
Photo Thumbnails by bigmario
I am running vista home premium and when i insert a photo chip the thumbnails match the actual photo but if i delete the photo and take another the thumbnails do not match. I took the chip to the store and tried it in another vista machine and it did the same thing. I do not have this problem on any xp machines. If you transfer the photos to the hard drive like my pictures or any place else...
March 8th 07 11:44 PM
by bigmario Go to last post
0 105
Music toolbar for Vista WMC? by bbev46060
Can I have a music toolbar either on the taskbar or as a gadget? I hate having to switch screens to pause my music when I'm multi-tasking (which is fancy talk for playing mahjong). I'm running Vista Home Premium if it matters. Thanks!
March 9th 07 07:03 PM
by Puppy Breath Go to last post
1 110
move music files by wlfranks
I set up a dual boot system and would like to move music files from the c drive to the g drive but vista seems to have issues with letting me access the music files on the c drive. The operating system on the c drive is xp pro. HELP please.
March 10th 07 12:44 PM
by Dale Go to last post
1 122
Slide show not working by chris K
just got home professional 2 weeks ago and still working my way around but when i hit the slide show it comes up LOADING on the screen and then sits there with a BLACK screen, i finally go to the task manager and it has changed my screen resolution to something low like 800x600 and the task manager wont stay on the screen for me to close the application. i have to do a restart to get on...
March 10th 07 10:14 AM
by chris K Go to last post
0 117
How to: Delete Tags (Textbox) by Puppy Breath
In the list of tags under that Add Tags box, right-click Din and choose Remove Tag. Go back to the gallery. In the list of tags in the left column, right-click Din and choose Delete, then Yes. "NJB" wrote in message ... In Windows Photo Gallery I am trying to delete an entry in the drop-down
March 11th 07 12:21 AM
by NJB Go to last post
4 198
music library by Jim
Does anyone know how to download music from an mp3 player to the library in windows media player?I have Windows Vista
March 10th 07 07:17 PM
by Dale Go to last post
1 126
Windows Media Library on Network by scldstrtnrlz
Hi there, i just got a new PC with Windows Vista installed on it. My problem might not be just with Vista but i figured i had to start somewhere. I have a Shared Music/Video library on my LAN so that i dont have to work about transfering music from computer to computer. now the problem is that when i try to add the music into he Windows Media Player Library it works just find its that...
March 8th 07 01:12 PM
by scldstrtnrlz Go to last post
0 147
How to Apply the Themes in Movie Maker or DVD Maker ? by Sonny
Hi, I am able to see all the Themes in my new Vista PC. I love the Themes, and would like to use them to create my Photo-journal and burn them into a Movie... But when I lauch the Movie Maker, the Themes are not available???? Any idea how to do it ? Thanks very much ! --
March 8th 07 06:21 PM
by PapaJohn Go to last post
3 121
mms-protocol not opening anymore by Dante
For some reason the mms-protocol isnt linked to the media player anymore. In the menu where I can link certain file-extensions and protocols there is no mms entry. It worked just fine a few days ago, but now its suddenly showing error messages. When I try to open it in IE and search for ways to open it says: Protocol Type: mms Description: UnKnown Windows does not recognize this Protocol.
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
March 9th 07 02:39 PM
by Dale Go to last post
10 250
SlideShow Producing A Black Screen by Stephen Meyer
O/S: Vista Ultimate 64 Graphics Card: 6800 GT ForceWare Version: 100.65 The "SlideShow" option when viewing images produces a blank, black screen. It seems like it's trying to display the images because the screen will remain black for a period of time. Sometimes I need to hit ESC to close it and other times it'll close on its own, so in this way it's kind of confusing.
March 8th 07 09:46 PM
by Barry Go to last post
2 118
Audio CD only plays 1 second. by Jbird
Please help! Running Vista Premium w/ Audigy SE sound. All audio plays great but when I try to play audio CD's. The tack plays for about 1 second and quits.I get the red "X" and error code: C00D11B1. I had the same trouble with the onboard RealTek. I've tried all the drivers. It plays fine about 1 in 60 times....weird ?? Somethings obviously stopping it, but I don't know what. Ceative...
March 10th 07 03:59 AM
by Jbird Go to last post
1 128
Windows Movie Maker by Mei
I found out why the imported videos don't show up on the preview window, Movie maker is importing Avi DivX videos as audio files. I'm not sure if it's just these file types. is there a way to fix this by your self.. or do I have to wait for microsoft to fix it?
March 10th 07 07:46 PM
by Mei Go to last post
2 153
.VOB File Size by Ritchey
I am looking to import homemade videos onto windows video maker, the videos had been copied from a VHS onto a DVD. I can copy the .VOB files into the video maker and all of them work okay with the timeline except that one of them is logged as having a duration of 26:30:19.75 compared to a clip of the same size with a duration of 00:00:40.34. Why is the duration so big for this file and what...
March 8th 07 01:24 PM
by Ritchey Go to last post
2 125
WMP 11- Two copies of each song when ripping by chriscl
When I rip a CD, there are two copies of each song in the library of WMP 11. Anyone have this problem or found a solution? -- chriscl
March 9th 07 02:20 PM
by Go to last post
4 118
Urge downloaded song playback in Vista Media Center by Don Lindbergh
When I attempt to playback a song I downloaded from Urge in Vista media center I get the below described behavior and messages. Things work fine in Vista media player. Does Urge not work in Vista media center? thanks for any help, --Don
March 8th 07 11:03 PM
by Don Lindbergh Go to last post
3 128
Installing Itune by Martin Racette
Hi, I was able to install Itune7.0.2.16, yesterday I found out that version 7.1 was out and that it's more compatible with Vista, but when I tried to install it I got an error telling me that VBSCRIPT is disable and therefore Itune could not be installed. I even tried to use the RUN AS ADMINISTRATOR, to make work, but no can do --
March 8th 07 01:24 PM
by scldstrtnrlz Go to last post
1 127
Media Center Extenders by Sean Johnson
Can you use Vista Ultimate running on a laptop as a media center extender? And if you can how do I set it up? Thanks in advance Sean Johnson
March 11th 07 12:20 AM
by Buellpilot Go to last post

From The