Threads in Forum : Music, Pictures and Video with Vista Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
  Rating Reverse Sort Order Thread / Thread Starter Last Post Replies Views
Windows Photo Gallery Edit File Size and Quality by DH
I have just started using Photo Gallery. I notice that files are much smaller after I edit them in Photo Gallery. Is there a way to set Photo Gallery editing to maintain the original file size and quality. I'm concernd that the edited file is of much lower quality than the original. I realize that the originals are saved in case I want to revert to them. I would like to maintain the better...
March 15th 07 03:32 PM
by mc Go to last post
4 134
I can't add my music, videos, pictures to wmp 11 by Just FYI
Don’t drag, copy, or paste. Click the arrow at the bottom of the Layout button and choose Add To Library. Choose the second option, then click Advanced to add other folders. Be aware that Media Player can't play all media types. For more information open Windows Media Player and press the Help key (F1) on your keyboard. "PEPO" wrote in message...
March 15th 07 01:53 AM
by PEPO Go to last post
1 119
Dazzle DVD Recorder by DoubleDAZ
Not sure if this is the right group, but I'd like to copy my home videos from VHS to DVD using my new HP dv9220us notebook with Vista Home Premium. Would the Dazzle DVD Recorder do the job or is there something better out there? The price is attractive and I've read the reviews on Amazon which seem to indicate it's the best for the price. If there is a more appropriate group, please let me...
March 15th 07 01:54 AM
by DoubleDAZ Go to last post
0 135
Media Center and PS3 by LessThanJake25
I know you can make this work wit XBOX, but is there any way to sync it up with the PS3 b/c that sounds like a really cool feature.
March 15th 07 11:45 AM
by Paul Smith Go to last post
1 141
Can't view photos in Windows Media Centre of Vista Ultimate by Aashir
This is as strange as it sounds, I am just not able to view my jpeg-photos in Windows Media Centre. I have Windows Vista Ultimate. When I go to Picture & Videos and click on Picture Library, it shows me the icons for the picture folders. When I bring my pointer to a folder it shows that the folder contains 0 images, in reality it contains 56 jpg images. And when I click on the folder icon,...
March 15th 07 05:34 PM
by Rich Go to last post
1 124
photo gallery vista by jen
photo gallery keeps telling me my pic isnt in bitmap and the format isnt supported. the pics are jepg/jpg. do i need to alter anything? never had this problem on my old pc.
March 15th 07 03:09 PM
by jen Go to last post
0 131
JPEG Compression in resize in Vista photo viewer by Just FYI
I don't recall ever seeing a resizer built into Windows. There's Photo Gallery. And there's the little Paint applet. If you're talking about one of those, then there's no way to control compression. You have to use a "real" graphics program or some other third-party thing to get that level of control. "mc" wrote in message...
March 15th 07 04:59 PM
by mc Go to last post
2 132
Find pictures containing specific tags by Just FYI
How about if you type: sally grandparents in the Search box in Photo Gallery. Or click the Start button and type: Sally AND Grandparents (make sure you put AND in all uppercase letters).
March 15th 07 05:22 PM
by Jukie Go to last post
2 161
How do I select only 1 or 2 pictures with Windows Import by Just FYI
For some weird reason, it doesn't work that way. It always imports all new pictures. But it never re-imports pictures you've aleady imported. (At least, that's the way it's supposed to work. I've never actually tried it). "lforbes" wrote in message ... Hi, With Windows XP when I plugged in my...
March 15th 07 06:19 PM
by lforbes Go to last post
3 158
DVDs freezing, music skipping by BishoujoMagic
After installing Windows Vista, I can no longer play DVDs. I have tried every player I have (Windows Media Player, Media Center, InterActive, even RealPlayer) and the program will immediately freeze when it attempts to play a DVD. If left to sit for say 10 or 15 minutes, it will try to play for a bit just to freeze again. After contacting Dell support, they had me download a codec with a new...
March 15th 07 05:14 PM
by BishoujoMagic Go to last post
3 146
HP dv6000z Audio question by daniel
Windows Vista home premium. when I record something (music or any audio sound) it will always use the microphone to record. I was told there is a setting somewhere to switch to the soundcard (meaning, it will record from the soundcard)
March 14th 07 07:31 PM
by daniel Go to last post
0 132
windows media center by joemillion
i purchased a new HP it already came installed with windows vista. my problem is that when im in windows media center i try to play online tv and it says that files needed to watch video are not installed try restarting windows media center....well i mean i really need help cause i also have this message when i try and play music on windows media center.
March 15th 07 02:43 AM
by JOAN Go to last post
7 146
Sound problem Media player by Carlo007
Hi there When I'm playing a song on windows media player 11 My front speaker and bass won't work. But they do play while I'm testing. Can someone help me so all my speakers work, btw it's a 5.1 surround. Thx Carlo
March 15th 07 10:18 AM
by David Go to last post
1 110
DVD Maker Stops Working by Eryn
I recently purchased a new computer and I am trying to use the DVD Maker. I continue to receive 2 different error messages. I receive the first after trying to add a video made in Windows Movie Maker: 0 files were unsuccessfully added 1 file could not be added Unspecified error. After trying to add the file again, it seems to work. However, once I select the video and click burn, I receive...
March 15th 07 05:40 PM
by Eryn Go to last post
8 173
Blue Screen - Vonage Voicemail Message Played in Media Player by Cap
When I tried to listen to a voice mail message today from Vonage, Media Player opened and then immediately gave me a Blue Screen with a Page Fault in Non-Paged Area message. It said it was doing a minidump, and then rebooted. This is repeatable and occurs using both IE and Firefox. I'd like to know a solution, other than reverting to Windows XP which did work.
March 14th 07 05:13 PM
by zachd [MSFT] Go to last post
3 125
problems playing video file with every player on Vista by G.Faelli
I'm trying to paly some video file (.avi) on Win Vista Home Premium but every player I tryed has the same behaviour. When start playing (e.g with WMP) I can ear the audio but I can't watch the video. Initially I thought the problem was the codec, so I tryed some different player that doesen't need a codec installation (like v.l.c., but is the same for many others), but it has the same...
March 15th 07 02:50 AM
by zachd [MSFT] Go to last post
7 121
No video playing .avi on Win Media Player 11 (in Vista) by Studebaker
I posted this on a general forum but meant to post it under the video forum. I get only sound not video when I try to play an .avi file that I downloaded from the internet on Windows Media Player. I have WMP ver. 11 on Vista Home Basic. 1) One person mentioned going to Tools-Options-Performance and the moving 'Video Acceleration' to the middle. I couldn't find a 'Video Acceleration' option...
March 14th 07 09:24 PM
by Studebaker Go to last post
2 160
Vista Movie Maker Storyboard won't play in Preview viewer by WDMIA
The Preview pane has stopped playing the Storyboard in Movie Maker. It works to view the clips, but after the clips have been dragged to the Storyboard, the Viewer shows the duration of the project but when I click the Play button to view the Storyboard nothing plays. I have deleted the Storyboard and started over, deleted the project and started over - nothing helps. It worked fine...
March 14th 07 04:46 PM
by WDMIA Go to last post
0 136
Sound is distorted in media center but not in mediaplayer by Juha
Hi! I have Vista 64 bit with media center and encoutered a problem. Playing mp3:s with media player 11 is fine. But when i play the same mp3:s with media center the sound gets distorted every now and then. I have a ASUS motherboard with integrated realtek soundcard and i just updated the drivers from realtek webpage. Does anyone know what to do? EggHeadCafe.com - .NET Developer Portal of...
March 14th 07 05:55 PM
by Juha Go to last post
0 135
Can't get right document sizes by Chester GS
I've tried asking this question before, but I apparently wasn't clear. So let me try again: I'm scanning a small document, about 8 inches wide by about 4 inches deep. When I try to print it out in Microsoft Office Picture Manager, or any other app for that matter, it always comes out huge, running off the paper, even after I have "resized" it. I've been at this for over a week, and I just...
March 15th 07 05:58 PM
by Chester GS Go to last post

From The