Threads in Forum : Music, Pictures and Video with Vista Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
  Rating Thread / Thread Starter Last Post Replies Views Reverse Sort Order
Distorted images after transferring by Mom2One
I have a new camera and a new Dell 531S with an SD card. Almost every time I transfer pictures from the card to the computer (running vista) I get pictures that are severly distorted. The problems range from pics being grayed out, 1/2 the picture during a different color (red or blue), or just strange lines through pics. I tried using a stand alone USB card reader and the built in reader. I...
March 3rd 08 05:51 AM
by tracy231 Go to last post
1 73
NO PICTURE WHEN PLAYING MOVIE by DawainD
I revently downloaded several movies from limewire and when I try to play them in Windows Media Player I only get sound, no picture. Please help....
September 28th 07 04:11 PM
by Cal Bear '66 Go to last post
1 73
AAC integration in Windows Explorer and WMP 11 by thomas.tmc
Better support for AAC is needed in Windows Media Player. Third party plug-ins are unstable, and most other media players support AAC. When I say "support" i mean reading and writing tags, seeking, and media library support. Windows Explorer integration is also needed. This isn't just a problem with AAC, it's the same for Ogg Vorbis and other multimedia formats that aren't as common as MP3,...
October 19th 07 03:53 AM
by thomas.tmc Go to last post
0 73
Windows Media Player by Brendan
When I play unpublished videos and imported videos on Windows Moviemaker II everything is fine. Here's the problem: When I publish the video the file when played in WMMII remains fine, but when I play it on WMP 11 the video is essentially shortened in height by half. It looks pretty similar to a dwarf compared to a human, the human is normally proportioned while the dwarf is too short and...
October 20th 07 03:50 AM
by Brendan Go to last post
0 73
Photo Gallery multiple windows by J T
Hi, When I download pictures from my classic car news group Photo Gallery opens each picture in a new window. I end up with dozens of open Photo Gallery windows, a real pain. In Windows Picture and Fax Viewer (XP) it would just open the next picture and not open multiple windows for each one. Am I missing a setting somewhere? Is there a way to fix this problem, or better yet get Picture and...
October 22nd 07 11:17 PM
by Adam Albright Go to last post
1 73
browsing music by folders in vista media centre by fluf
Hi, I've a collection of some 16,000 mp3's which I've collected over several years, they are all in correctly named folders according to artist and album but unfortunately named "untitled 1.mp3" etc etc.. When using media centre to browse my music how frustrating is it see there isn't an option to browse the music library by using a folder view, just the useless options microsoft have seen...
November 10th 07 03:21 AM
by fluf Go to last post
0 73
Viewing pictures in Vista by VistaNewbie
Hi, I am having trouble with the Gallery software. My pictures seem to be very low resolution compared to viewing them in other applications. Also, when I run the Slide Show the performance is very jerky and the Classic view is full of artefacts. I have 2GB of RAM and 1.8 GHz Processor so I should be able to view photos pretty well, currently the experience is much worse than my old XP...
December 3rd 07 12:59 PM
by VistaNewbie Go to last post
0 73
Problem Dragging Images to the Timeline by Redleg
Hi, I am building a movie of individual images. I have dragged a number of them to the timeline with no problem. Some of the images will not drag there, I get the little circle with a diagonal slash in it. I don't see any rhyme nor reason why certain pictures won't move. Other pictures don't have a problem. Any thoughts or suggestions would be appreciated. Thank you.
December 11th 07 07:22 PM
by Redleg Go to last post
0 73
Using two monitors and Media Center by tbogs
I have two monitors and would like to use Windows Media Center to watch tv and DVDs on one and an the other use the internet and other programs. I notice when I maximize Media Center on one monitor I cannot move my mouse to the other monitor. Is there a way to fix this problem.
December 12th 07 12:10 AM
by tbogs Go to last post
0 73
windows media players by p.g
Can or hav do I tell windows media players Bibliotek it's a double album i "rip"??? -- hej
September 28th 07 12:32 PM
by p.g Go to last post
1 73
dvd recorder required by Reece[_2_]
i have a sony dvd rw aw-g170a burner which works with all my other software but when i use windows media centre on vista home premium i can play dvds but if i try to burn one i just get a message cd/dvd recorder required does anyone know how to slove this problem -- Reece
October 1st 07 06:17 PM
by Reece[_2_] Go to last post
6 73
LightScribe Software Update by Cal Bear '66
New update (yesterday) for Light Scribe software Includes control panel Also, for the person who found the contrast lacking there is also a utility for increasing contrast. http://www.lightscribe.com/downloadSection/windows/index.aspx?id=810
May 5th 07 03:48 PM
by Cal Bear '66 Go to last post
0 73
Not showing JPEGs in Folder or CD by Sandie
Hi there I opened a CD containing JPEGs (which I know are definitely there) but Vista couldn't "see" them, it could see the folders, but no contents. Odd. I re-booted (I have dual-boot with Xp at the moment just incase of problems!) and opened the CD, there they are, copied them to HDD and then restarted Vista, and there they are! I didn't rename them. Why couldn't Vista "see" them on the...
May 7th 07 09:53 PM
by Sandie Go to last post
0 73
No (.AVI) Video in Windows Media Player 11 by fritz
Hi My OS is Vista Business.When i load a Windows Movie (.AVI) into my WMPlayer it plays the audio but not the video .On my previous XP Window it played with no problem.Since I'm very new to Win Vista I wonder if anybody can help me out and tell me how I could fix this problem.Looking forward to any suggestions.Thank you for your help Regards Fritz
May 15th 07 02:29 AM
by fritz Go to last post
3 73
Viewing thumbnails by jimrx4
When I use explorer (Vista/Ultimate) I had the option of viewing the contents of a graphic folder as a thumbnail. I installed my kid's copy of Office Pro 2003 and when I use windows explorer and a folder that contains say, all jpgs I no longer get a thumbnail view but just the picture name, i.e.. IMP_0784.jpg. How do I get my view (thumbnail) back so I don't have to click/dbl-clk the photo...
May 27th 07 08:16 PM
by jimrx4 Go to last post
1 73
cant get music library in media center by timbo
whenever i go to media center and click on music library i get the message. a necessary componant of media center is currently not available. pleas restart media center. i cannot reinstall as my vista disk was left on a radiator and is f*****. any ideas as to what is wrong and how to get around it would be great.
May 28th 07 02:58 PM
by timbo Go to last post
0 73
monitoring recorded sound - vista by nivaspin
While I record music from my stereo thro 'line in' on my PC, I am not able to hear the music being recorded. I used windows media player & Sound recorder. How to acheive this -- Srinivas
July 15th 07 10:40 AM
by nivaspin Go to last post
0 73
Vista MCE NEEDS Video Options by bambu
Vista MCE has all the options you might expect for viewing pictures and music, but where are the similar options for video files? In Media Player you can add all kinds of meta data to video files such as 'Genre'. You can also tag WMV files, but Media Center doesn't let you take advantage of any of this. This is a real shame, I think, and yet these features could be added in future updates....
April 24th 07 09:02 PM
by bambu Go to last post
0 74
Happy Holidays '07 by Jeff
Hi Everyone, Happy Holidays :-) Jeff (P.S. just figured out how to post to multiple groups-lol- watch out now!!!) jk
December 24th 06 05:16 PM
by Jeff Go to last post
0 74
How to record audio through computer and not mic by Ice
Hi, I'm running Vista RC2 5744 with an Abit K8N-SLI mobo, and I was wondering how to capture the sounds that my computer plays and record them. What I mean by this, is back in XP I went to sound manager with that wonderful long bar of sound tools, went to the recording panel, and checked the stereo checkbox. This caused sound recorder to record sounds directly from my computer before they...
December 12th 06 05:25 PM
by Ice Go to last post

From The