Threads in Forum : Music, Pictures and Video with Vista Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
Playing Recorded TV on a Different Computer by Dinger
Hi, I am having some trouble playing a tv show I recorded using vista media center on a different computer. When I try to play the show on the other computer I get sound but no picture. Is there a way to fix this?
June 11th 07 10:37 AM
by Dinger Go to last post
5 165
Burn History by Blake
How can I find a history of the cds I burned
June 11th 07 01:21 PM
by Mac Go to last post
1 152
dvd burning problems by Susan
when i get the dvd to burn (at times that doesn't work either) to play on a reg. dvd player the sound with get out of sync with the pictures and it seem to get worst as the movie plays. I have tried using other durning programs (I have Vista) but half will not work or they do the same thing.
June 11th 07 03:01 PM
by Sendmealist Go to last post
2 123
broadcasting by The Shadow
I have a net radio station that worked perfect in win XP...but alas puter went poof so I bougtha new one dual core processors with windows vista. I have figured out how those windows work pretty much except I cannot figure out how to let remote computers hear what I hear...my music playes great..I use jetaudio as my defalut player..but how can I get the music out over the net on my...
June 11th 07 04:10 PM
by Mac Go to last post
3 161
Slideshow problem by jumpferjesus
Hi, I'm having a problem with the slideshow in media centre. Even though I set it so that a specific folder should be used for the images in my slideshow, the slideshow seems to be grabbing images from all over the computer, in any folder that contains images, for example the temporary internet files folder. Does anyone know of a way to fix this?
June 11th 07 05:39 PM
by jumpferjesus Go to last post
0 117
Reversed Colors on Xerox Phaser by WhatThe...
I have an annoying and interesting issue. When printing from 'Windows Picture Viewer' - and when only printing from this program - the colors are reversed (or it is inversed). So if I need a quick print of a photo - it's not so quick because I have to print it out of Photoshop or another program. I'm printing to a Xerox Phaser 6120, and the driver is up to date. Any suggestions?
June 11th 07 08:02 PM
by Mac Go to last post
3 107
Vista and Xbox 360 HD drive by Alan
I seem to recall reading sometime back that the HD drive from the Xbox 360 works on Vista when you plug it into a usb port. However when I tried this it Vista seems to load drivers and will play DVDs from the drive but wont play HD discs. Is there any other driver which is needed for Vista to play HD discs? Alan
June 11th 07 08:09 PM
by RH Go to last post
3 172
Windows Media Center display song name problem by Andriy P
Hi, I want to ask a question about Windows Media Center and hope its the right place. I had performed a library setup that add my mp3 music folder in media center, but when i browse the song it cannot display chinese song name. Most frustration for me is that some song can display chinese song name correctly while some cannot. I google it for solution, a forum said that (i can't...
June 11th 07 08:25 PM
by Andriy P Go to last post
0 177
Photo Gallery Bad Printing by Jill
I am running Vista Premium, when I open a picture in Windows Photo Gallery all the pictures look just great. However, when I print a picture from Photo Gallery it is of very poor quality. It is not sharp, it appears that the brightness has been turned down a notch or two or even three. I am using a Cannon MP510 printer. I don't have the problem when using IrfanView. I really like the...
June 11th 07 08:30 PM
by Adam Albright Go to last post
3 126
Recording/editing on vista with Audacity by Martin Vaupell
Been playing with mixing fun stuff, with bits and parts from ewrywhere in to a compilation of humor etc.. I used Audacity from http://audacity.sourceforge.org. back on windows xp, Now i run vista premium, same hardware/setup but vista wont allow audacity to record whats being played from the what ewer is currently playing.
June 11th 07 08:35 PM
by Martin Vaupell Go to last post
0 141
Media Center by Raul
Hi Im using Windows Media Center to watch films and photos on my pc as well as on my TV. On Nvidia Control Panel, I chose Clone, and configured Media Center with my TV as the default screen. I could see Media Center on my tv (fullscreen) and on my pc at a worst quality, but enough for launching the movie/slideshow and then watch it on my TV. Yesterday, I updated my Nvidia with the last...
June 11th 07 09:51 PM
by Raul Go to last post
0 141
NcRawCodec 101 by Al
Yesterday the NcRawCodec101 for viewing Nikon Raw files in Windows Vista stopped working because it's Public Key Certificate expired on 5/11/07. I tried several things to get it working again, including uninstall and reinstall etc. but it still will not work. Please let me know if anyone out there knows how to reactivate this raw image software?
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
June 12th 07 12:30 AM
by TK Go to last post
12 341
Windows Media centre keeps asking for flash player update by jvoric
Hi, I'm trying to access MTV overdrive in Windows media centre but each time I click on the icon I get a message telling me I need to upgrade my flash plug-in. i click OK which takes me to the flash website and allllows me to download the latest flash version. I restart IE and WMC but the same message pops up when I try to access MTV overdrive again. "UPGRADE YOUR FLASH PLUG-IN. You Need...
June 12th 07 01:31 AM
by zachd [MSFT] Go to last post
3 150
Digtal Volume control by Dr Latte
I just got my 5.1 sound working with Vista MCE. I am using the RCA SPDIF and now I can no longer control the volume from my MCE remote. I know I can control the digital volume because I can raise and lower the volume from other aps like Media player and while watching web videos. if you are looking for the new 5.1 driver they are here. http://www.realtek.com.tw/downloads/...&GetDown=false
June 12th 07 02:32 AM
by Mac Go to last post
1 172
Windows Media Player and DRM-free itunes plus files by epauley
If Windows Media Player supports ACC files, why can’t I import DRM-free itunes plus files into Media Player? My OS is Vista Home Premium
June 12th 07 02:49 AM
by epauley Go to last post
3 145
windows DVD burner problem by run4fun
It seems like I had a problem that many other did when i upgraded from XP to Vista Home Premium, my DVD burner no longer worked (error code 39). To fix this I updated the regestry via the regedit command, deleting the lower and upper filters. Well, that seems to work for the most part. Now my computer recognizes the Drive and I can drag and drop files onto the drive to burn them. However...
June 12th 07 03:10 AM
by run4fun Go to last post
5 172
Music Detail folder not updating album image(s) by BrianU1067
I have about 700+ folders of music artists, plus the album subfolders. All mp3 files are properly tagged. The Music folder in my Vista account is set as Music Details. I imported most of these folders when I got Vista on a new computer. The images work for most of the folders, however all new music folders I add are not refreshed with album images and display a non-empty folder default...
June 12th 07 04:46 AM
by Jeramie Go to last post
4 146
thumbnail preview by Chris T.
I just recently installed vista and I've noticed when I go to my pictures, I only see default icons and not the preview thumbnails of the photo. I've tried every setting under the view tab and nothing seems to make a difference. I didn't have this problem prior to upgrading to vista. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.
June 12th 07 06:38 AM
by Chris T. Go to last post
0 140
security by alreadyhappy
hi how do i prevent certain pictures being viewed automatically? -- alreadyhappy
June 12th 07 11:38 AM
by alreadyhappy Go to last post
0 137
WMP opening up when i dont want it to. by ADAM
when i hit the "play/pause" button on my keyboard. WMP 11 always opens up. how can i stop it from doing this
June 12th 07 01:20 PM
by Ramesh, MS-MVP Go to last post

From The