Performance and Maintainance of Windows Vista A forum for performance and maintenance tasks in Windows Vista. (microsoft.public.windows.vista.performance_maintainance)

Post New Thread
Threads in Forum : Performance and Maintainance of Windows Vista Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
going into folder - delay !!!! by Shlomi
everytime when i'm going into document folder the windows going into delay when opening the folder. this happen every time on few computers with Vista Business. the documents inside this folders are word, excel. Thanks, Shlomi
July 8th 07 05:12 PM
by Shlomi Go to last post
0 109
Links will not open. by Stephen A
Dont Know if links is the right word but! When clicking on a red page link that someone has posted or starting a new post I just get a blank page. I have had to post this on another computer. Hope somebody can help! -- Dogspool
July 8th 07 10:04 PM
by Stephen A Go to last post
0 135
"Couldn't get process information from remote machine" by vista rookie
This message pops up when I first log on to my computer. I am using Windows Vista and a password-protected account on my desktop. The only option provided is to click OK to close the pop-up window. Everything seems to work normally. Any idea why this is happening and how to eliminate the pop-up?
July 8th 07 11:34 PM
by Malke Go to last post
1 175
Scanner will not work by mikerapolas
I installed Vista on 5/2. i have an Epson CX6400 all in one. Up until 10 days ago my scanner was working properly. Now it will not scan. I am told that I do not have "Microsoft WPD filesystems volume driver". I tried to update this and I am told that my driver is up to date. ??? No scanner. I have reinstalled the software for the printer. No scanner. It looks to me to be a Microsoft Vista...
July 9th 07 05:15 AM
by Mo4 Go to last post
9 150
missing network drive = nonstop registry access by theultramage
8:21:13,1184049 Explorer.EXE 1296 RegOpenKey HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\PostBootReminders\Microsoft.NetDriveReconnectFailed SUCCESS Desired Access:...
July 9th 07 06:52 AM
by theultramage Go to last post
0 113
backup in Vista by Eileen
After only using Vista about two months and having an automatic weekly backup, the backups started failing because it said there was no room on the recovery drive. So I went in and deleted the backup files on the recovery drive (I left the "sources" and "Windows" files). Now the weekly backup just says it fails without saying why! What can I do?
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
July 9th 07 01:11 PM
by John Hanley Go to last post
11 240
Web Cam stops keyboard by Degs
If I leave my USB webcam plugged in when I reboot, I cannot access my system bios or boot sequence as my USB keyboard is not active until after the boot access sequence has gone. Is there a way of prioritising my USB ports so that I can leave my web cam plugged in and still use the keyboard? I know I can just unplug it and it seems trivial but it just annoys me having to do it.
July 9th 07 03:34 PM
by Degs Go to last post
5 107
ActiveX Control in IE7 by trosas
Hello I don't get install activeX controls. I need install the HP for detection of my computer updates, but it don't install. How do I need to config Internet Explorer for acept this controls? Please help me. teresa
July 9th 07 05:40 PM
by Cal Bear '66 Go to last post
4 117
disapearing task bar when runnung aresp2p by Bassman
i would like to know why when i am running ares my task bar and start menu will totally disappear.The only way for me to get it back is to restart than everything is back to normal until i go to run ares .
July 9th 07 07:04 PM
by Baza Go to last post
1 128
Startup Programs Removal by Joef518
I usder "system configuration" to remove a couple programs that shipped with my new computer that I have no interest in using. Now when I start up I got a "Blocked Programs" notification in the system tray. When I restarted System Configuration Utility I noticed that there are several items from these vendors who's programs I have no intention of using listed under "Services", can I just...
July 10th 07 02:04 AM
by Joef518 Go to last post
2 119
Back-ups by Merle
I cannot make a backup. I get the error " A shadow copy could not be created for the following reason" Access Denied 0x80070005. I Tried to Restore to a time when backup worked but had no restore point from that time. I could not create a restore point. I tried to get into the group policy editor to make a restore point but it is not available in premium. ??? don't know why. Checked...
July 10th 07 02:58 AM
by Merle Go to last post
4 184
computer will not update by tmar
I am running Vista, I get an 80073712 code when my computer tries to update. I would appreciate any help on this matter.
July 10th 07 03:06 AM
by tmar Go to last post
2 135
spellcheck question by bostonblakie
I am running Vista on my PC. Whenever a site generates it's own e-mail stationary for response or comment purposes a spell-check prior to "sending" seems to be impossible. Anyone got any solutions to this? thanks.
July 10th 07 04:03 AM
by R. C. White Go to last post
3 137
backup problems with Vista by Eileen
Hi - After backing up several times the default backup drive (Recovery Drive D:) became full, so I deleted everything in D: except the Source and Windows folders. That freed up space on the drive, but now when the automatic backup tries to run, it fails every time (I think it says it can't find the right files). I have no recovery disk because Vista came installed on my Dell. What can I do?
July 10th 07 06:29 AM
by Mark Go to last post
3 157
putting keys back on keyboard by Candace
I was wondering can anyone tell me how to put keys back on my laptop...the charger fell on the computer and 2 letters popped off and i dont know how to put them back on????
July 10th 07 07:43 AM
by Neil Harley Go to last post
4 113
Simple scheduled task won't run - no matter what ! by Paul
Hello everyone, I've got a problem that has me absolutely stumped ! Can you help ? I have created a task in Vista's task scheduler to run once a week. All the task does is display a message to remind the user to run a program (this prog won't run automatically). However, no matter what I do the message box never comes up. Here are the task settings I set: GENERAL: run when user is...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
July 10th 07 09:31 AM
by Richard G. Harper Go to last post
10 173
UAC slowing down startup both enabled and disabled... by Gnopps
After doing a clean install of Vista Premium I noticed that something is slowing down the startup. If I have UAC disabled my laptop will boot to the desktop in less then a minute and I can do things like browse my computer. However, the files in my Startup-folder and any other programs I execute aren't started. This goes on until after 30-45 seconds, after this everything works as normal and...
July 10th 07 11:56 AM
by Gnopps Go to last post
0 95
How to specify period/time between two auto restore point created by Onlyjamesbond007
I'm using Windows Vista Business and system restore help a lot by auto setting or creating snapshots of system to let me restore if there's any problem. The problem lies in the restore point are created TOO FREQUENTLY and EXCESSIVELY, which will result in a high HDD use even i'm running other application. On desktop that wouldn't be a problem. Currently i'm using my Laptop which has much...
July 10th 07 12:00 PM
by Onlyjamesbond007 Go to last post
0 85
jxrlxbhk.dll missing by MG
Every time I start up I get a message saying jxrlxbhk.dll can't be found and has a problem loading. What does this mean and what do I do?
July 10th 07 01:31 PM
by Malke Go to last post
1 98
IE7, JavaScript, Information Bar by Puppy Breath
I created a simple page with some simple JavaScript which I'd only run from my own computer. But even so, the IE7 Information Bar pops up the "To help protect you security, IE has restricted this webpage from running scripts or ActiveX controls that could access your computer...". Ugh, I'd really rather not have to see and click that every time I open this page. But even though I keep...
July 10th 07 02:16 PM
by Puppy Breath Go to last post

From The