Threads in Forum : Printing, Faxing and Scanning with Vista Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
I have new toshiba satelite lap. Trying to install driver for lexmark 1100 series all in one printer. Everytime the driver installs, message comes up " wizard cancelled by user". Driver and additional software installs but of course, does not work. This driver is a works not certified from lexmark. I have tried going into msconfig and only have basic windows on start up. Nothing else...no...
March 16th 08 06:28 PM
by lezmark Go to last post
0 221
I can't get scanners to work in Vista by gecko[_3_]
I am testing VISTA Ultimate and find that I cannot get any of my older scanners to scan - nor can I find VISTA drivers for them. I have 1) HP PSC950 AIO (It prints however) 2) MUSTEK 1200LP 3) UMAX POWERLOOK II Anyone out there have any luck getting any of the above to scan in
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
March 16th 08 09:32 PM
by huwyngr Go to last post
14 384
Spooler Error Message by T-Man
When I attempted to load my Dell 725, i got a Spooler Subsystem App stopped working and was closed.... Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!
March 17th 08 03:49 PM
by Alan Morris [MSFT] Go to last post
1 253
Can't print all of a sudden by Cindy Campbell
I have a Canon BJC-2000 printer. All of a sudden I can't print. Get "error" message when I go into default prinit to see what's going on. It's all plugged in and everything. Just won't print. What's the problem? -- Cynthia J. Campbell
March 17th 08 03:50 PM
by Alan Morris [MSFT] Go to last post
1 289
fax black list by ybfishel
I tried to send a fax through my XP fax program several times after it had already failed to reach the addressee because the number was busy. Now I get a notice that the number is on the "black list." How do I get it off? -- fis
March 17th 08 05:35 PM
by ybfishel Go to last post
2 251
Windows VISTA and HP Officejet all in one 5610 driver unloads by Qualitytime88
Ihave a HP officejet 5610 all in one printer etc. I retrieved the VISTA drivers from the HP web site. The drivers load fine but if I turn the printer off , VISTA unloads the drivers and when I plug it back in the drivers do not reload even with a reboot. I have to uninstall the drivers and support software and reinstall them which takes about an hour. Is there a patch to stop this or any...
March 18th 08 03:57 AM
by Bill Go to last post
5 221
PRINTING WITH VISTA by Lichtaffen
I have a Canon LBP 1120 printer connected to a Windows XP PC and a Vista Laptop. I used to be able to print from both computers..... suddenly the printer started rejecting orders to print from the Vista Lapton. It sends to the Canon printer menu but it disappears after a few seconds. I've reinstalled the driver but no joy. Find it strange that it used to print from the Laptop but suddenly...
March 18th 08 09:48 AM
by Lichtaffen Go to last post
4 302
Why No Scanner Wizard? by J
I'm not talking about the setup Wizard, but the REAL Fax & Scanner Wizard in XP that allowed preview, setting dpi, designating file name and location. I have a good scanner, but it was programmed to work best through the Wizard. Why would Microsoft elminate this feature? What can I do?
March 19th 08 01:07 AM
by Bob F.[_4_] Go to last post
1 291
Printing in IE7 by Katherine
I suddenly find I am unable to print web pages in IE7. I am using Windows Vista Home Premium. It shows the item in print preview but when print is selected nothing happens other than the printer icon shows briefly before disappearing followed by nothing. The printer details state there are no documents pending. I can print from all other programmes such as Word,Excel etc so I know the fault...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
March 19th 08 08:24 AM
by Sibuan Go to last post
11 494
Scanner Wizard NEEDED by J
I'm not talking about the setup wizard, I'm talking about the user-friendly, all encompassing Fax and Scanner Wizard that was in XP. A user could preview a scan, designate dpi, select a file name and a folder location, and generally get a lot done. Why is this not a feature in VISTA???????? I have a great scanner with photo capability and document reader functions; it does include some...
March 19th 08 12:56 PM
by mikeyhsd[_2_] Go to last post
2 303
How can I open windows fax and scan from the run command in Vista? by jimmydagoogler
Can anyone assist me with this one : I do not have a shortcut for windows fax and scan in my Start menu/all programs list. Can I start the fax application from the run command? If yes, which .exe do I run? If you know the answer and are happy to post it, it will be appreciated. I am using Vista home premium.
March 19th 08 02:11 PM
by unhappy vista user[_2_] Go to last post
2 233
Network Printer very slow by noclue
I just received my new Dell laptop with Vista Business edition. I have a Konica Minolta 2300DL printer connected to my network via a ethernet cable. I am running the vista laptop and 2 other XP laptops wirelessly on the network. I downloaded and installed the Vista drivers for my printer and had everything setup and working fine. I then finished installing all of my applications and tried to...
March 19th 08 02:25 PM
by noclue Go to last post
0 197
HP LaserJet 1018 shaing in Windows Vista by Janson
I have Three computers networked together all with Windows Vista. I have an HP LaserJet 1018 installed on one of the machines. I have gone into sharing and shared the computer. I have installed the shared printer on all three machines. However, if I print in client pc, the printer don't work ,but when I reboot the server pc, that docment will be printed. help me....
March 19th 08 05:54 PM
by Al Nichols Go to last post
1 306
Vista Crashing on Start-up, Need Help by Marlon
Hello, I am having a rather large problem with Windows Vista right now. I have an idea what the problem is, but windows wont let me boot up long enough to fix it, and I cant seem to access the problem in safe mode. At least I cant find anyway to access it from safe mode at this point, I tried to get my lexmark x73 printer up and running a few days ago, so this time I tried setting it up with...
March 19th 08 06:36 PM
by .Joe[_137_] Go to last post
1 177
Connect to printer error by Scrip
I have Canon MP460. 2 comps in same workgroup with Vista 32 home. When I try to connect to printer from other computer I get an error: "Windows cannot connect to printer. Operation could not be completed (error 0x00000012)." Canons customer support says its Windows error and they does not support network connections. Googling situation gives no relevant results ... :( Any help...
March 19th 08 09:46 PM
by Scrip Go to last post
2 273
unable to send fax by Tom
i just switched from xp pro to vista business. I used to be able to fax a document direct from a program (quickbooks,excel,word,etc )using the ms fax printer. Now it converts the doc to a tif file and says its write protected and unable to send. then it says there is a problem with the fax & scan program and its closing it. -- tom
March 19th 08 11:31 PM
by Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] Go to last post
1 215
Mulitipule pictures on one page by Anna
Does anyone know how I can print more than one picture of the same size on the same piece of paper without having to put the same piece of paper in over and over?
March 20th 08 04:43 AM
by SF Bay'er[_2_] Go to last post
3 250
lexmark x7350 by oates03
all: I am trying to get my all-in-one printer/ fax/ scanner/ copier to work with vista. i have downloaded the drivers and my hp with Vista home premium is not seeing the printer. I add this printer to my xp home machine and no problems. please advise
March 20th 08 12:00 PM
by oates03 Go to last post
0 204
vista basic won't print over wireless network w/xp pro as the host by thebehavioranalyst
I've tried all the remedies posted here and I still can't get my notebook to print over my wireless @ home. The desktop the printer eis connected to is running win xp pro. I get access denied messages.
March 20th 08 02:16 PM
by Malke[_2_] Go to last post
1 186
�Synthesizing a stereo image pair by nc3bj6yp
I've been trying to follow this technology over the years, they haven't put out anything lately. Really nice to see that the have finally released what looks like a consumer/prosumer version of their software. The control panels need serious design help, but I have to say that I am very impressed with the range of controls that are present. This is really worth checking...
March 20th 08 10:23 PM
by mikeyhsd[_2_] Go to last post

From The