Threads in Forum : Printing, Faxing and Scanning with Vista Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
Can not print any pages in the IE by PA Bear [MS MVP]
Forwarded to Vista.Print_Fax_Scan via crosspost. Is IE configured as your default browser? -- ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear) MS MVP-Windows (IE, OE, Security, Shell/User) AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net DTS-L http://dts-l.net/ Jbird wrote:
April 4th 08 02:37 PM
by PA Bear [MS MVP] Go to last post
6 160
Problems installing HP printer by David
Hi, I have a small network with 1 server, 1 NAS and some other notebooks. I have a HP Lasertjet 2250L printer that was installed on the server and shared for all users. Now I removed it from the server and installed in on the NAS as it has 2 usb ports. In all Windows XP pc's the printer was installed easily, but on Windows Vista I can't install it as ask me for the drivers of the printer, and...
April 4th 08 03:01 PM
by David Go to last post
0 176
Print Spooler Not Running by ToddW
In my 64-bit installation, the print spooler server suddenly stopped running (and will not restart). I've tried cleaning out registry keys (HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Print), deleting the files out of Windows (C:\Windows\System32\spool) to no avail. The system log contains many of these: Error Service Control Manager Eventlog Provider 7034 None The application...
April 4th 08 04:11 PM
by Scottwei Go to last post
4 1,036
resolved: script error by Dixon H Harris, MCSE[_2_]
This was caused by a Netgear tool bar that I had installed. The handy I.E 7 ad-on manager allowed me to disable all ad-ons one-by-one. The tool bar ad-on was disabled. Now I can print from Internet web sites.
April 4th 08 05:15 PM
by Dixon H Harris, MCSE[_2_] Go to last post
0 147
Can not get printers to work with cscript prnmngr.vbs in Vista by NIZMOZ
I have tried the original ones that work on Windows XP Pro, and Vista doesn't like them.  Here are the errors we get in screen shots.  I have moved the files over from the en_US to the system32 folder. So this isn't the problem.  I tried it with and without " "Any help would be great! Thanks. Post Originated from http://www.VistaForums.com Vista Support Forums
April 4th 08 09:24 PM
by Alan Morris [MSFT] Go to last post
7 255
you have to create a fax-account by Rudolf Meier
Hi I have Windows Vista x64 installed and I'm faxing over a Windows 2003 Server. Everything works. I can send and receive faxes. But, every time I am starting a new fax-job (on the client), I get the message, that I first have to create a fax-account and I should open the help file to find out how to do this... how can I get this error away? ... I mean, I have such an account and it...
April 6th 08 11:00 AM
by Rudolf Meier Go to last post
2 175
Adding home printer by cravingmad
Please can anyone help...I've tried all i know!! we had to have our desktop pc formatted last week so lost network connection for me to print from my laptop. I needed help last time to set up remote printing, but tried eveyhing and nothing works..can anyone tell me (in laymans terms please) how to do it again..thanks loads.
April 6th 08 10:30 PM
by cravingmad Go to last post
0 154
Printing from Windows Photo Gallery by winner
Suddenly for some reason, I am not able to Print any pictures from Windows Photo Gallery - After Clicking on Photos, and highlighting them, and then clicking on Print at top of panel, the picture will come up full size with panel of options - I click on Print at bottom of panel and blue line runs across under photo saying it is printing, but it never does - What type of problem is this??
April 6th 08 11:55 PM
by Bob Headrick Go to last post
4 174
WFS fails to start by Tom
Until several months ago, I was able to scan in Vista Ultimate (SP1). Recently, however, when I start WFS.exe, nothing happens at all. I don't see the application in my task list or on the screen. Any suggestions on how to get it working? T
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
April 7th 08 03:51 PM
by Tom Go to last post
12 380
Vista Ultimate - FGAX RECEIVE won't work by USAOz
sigh - why did i EVER get this product! I had NO problemsd sending asnd receiving FAXes in XP but now in Vista Ultimate not only does microsoft fail to recognise other nastions telephone number formatsd and force a mask for number entry that does NOT accomodate Australian numbers but now, despite successfully sending a FAx after tweaking the mask I can NOt receive any FAXes. The FAX is...
April 7th 08 08:56 PM
by Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] Go to last post
3 217
All in one printer 4 vista home premium by Dingorocks
has anyone got any suggestions on the best all in one printer for vista home premium ?. Under 100 bucks..
April 7th 08 11:13 PM
by Dingorocks Go to last post
0 151
Windows Vista Calendar Does Not Print by RickiL
I am pulling my hair out trying to get Vista's Calendar to print. I can print from other applications with no problems. However, when I print to our networked printer I always get an error -- 'insufficient memory'. We have an HP 2605dtn on our network and I can see the file get sent (usually about have of the calendar file) and then everything just sits until I get the error. If it helps...
April 8th 08 12:41 AM
by huwyngr Go to last post
3 4
Fax and Scan will not recognize faxes in the Sent Folder by chunnel
I have noticed that Fax and Scan not only won't see Faxes from XP's Fax, but also won't see faxes sent from Fax and Scan from a previous install of Vista. Even though I can see the faxes in the folder and open them, only the fax sent from the current install of Vista shows in the Sent box in Fax and Scan.
April 8th 08 01:08 AM
by chunnel[_2_] Go to last post
2 175
Brother HL4040cn printer install by mark a
after trying multiple installs, cables and reboots my printer still does not work. also tried new drivers, uninstall drivers and update drivers. vista does not recognize my usb printer it appears on lpt1. i did a separate install on another pc with vista and no problems. the box is a new gateway with factory install of vista, gateway tech says it's not them, brother tech says it's not...
April 8th 08 05:59 AM
by mark a Go to last post
0 168
Printing Preferences window opens too slow by aaalp[_4_]
I had this problem on 2 different printers on 2 different networks. Both printers are installed on XP Machines. One is HP 1220c and the other one is HP Officejet 4110 All in one. I installed these printers on my laptop as network printers. For both printers there is no need to install new drivers (according to HP Support on the web as Vista already has the latest drivers for these machines)....
April 8th 08 11:25 AM
by aaalp[_5_] Go to last post
1 170
Cannot print from IE by mperathoner
I found a couple of similar message, bur no solution yet: On a HP-PC with Vista Home Premium, I cannot print from IE7: all I get is an empty page with a header (page 1 of 1) and a footer (C:\Users\........\temp\xxxx.html) Printiong from all other applications (including Firefox) is working fine. I have tried the solution setting the integrity level of the folder "low" to "low" - no effect.
April 8th 08 12:31 PM
by Katherine Go to last post
1 303
Colour laser printer to work with Vista by Mo
I would like to get a colour laser printer for home use, I am in the UK. Has anyone any recommendations or even found a colour laser printer to work with Vista 32bit. Thank you.
April 8th 08 02:10 PM
by Kerry Brown Go to last post
1 232
Printer won't stay installed by CLK in NY
I'm running Windows Vista, but I have a PSC all in one that was originally programmed for Windows XP. I have gone to the PSC manufacturer and obtained an updated driver for the PSC, and I can install it and use the printer, but when I shut the computer down and restart it the driver does not stay installed. I have to re-install the driver every time I start the computer. Is there a way to...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
April 8th 08 02:26 PM
by Michael Go to last post
11 385
Cannot Print in MSN the only prints the HTML Data by jpn314
All other programs print ok MS word Wordperfect Acrobat and hot mail, MSN has no answer Microsoft has no answer everone is blaming the other, MSN said to reinstall MSN I have 3 times no change It will print properly if it is a website, I am using Vista Business, on a MSI mother board with AMD 64 4000 x2, 2 gig Mem video card Nvida 7200 GS, the printer is a Brother HL-2170W new everything is...
April 8th 08 02:28 PM
by jpn314 Go to last post
0 286
Can no longer hear WFS dialling by Peter
This is only a minor irritation as WFS still works perfectly well. I wonder why my fax card's built-in speaker no longer emits any sound when I'm sending a fax - I used to be able to hear it dialling. I've tried Googling the issue and apart from a few people saying that they vaguely remember the issue and seeing a fix for it which they've long forgotten, I still haven't actually found a...
April 8th 08 05:58 PM
by Peter Go to last post

From The