Threads in Forum : Printing, Faxing and Scanning with Vista Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
unable to send fax using "Windows Fax and Scan" by Safai
Hi everybody. Recently, I changed my hard disk, but WITHOUT changing the fax store folder; it is still "d:\users\documents\fax" as it was before. Since then, when I try to send a fax, I get this error: "The media is write protected". Anyone knows what is wrong?
March 22nd 09 04:21 PM
by Safai Go to last post
0 190
ASCII or TBCP by IT News[_2_]
The data format default setting for some PS drivers is ASCII and for some other ones is TBCP. What are the advantages of using one over the other, please? Thanks!
March 22nd 09 08:08 PM
by IT News[_2_] Go to last post
4 299
What is a simple way to fax! by makinit70462
I have a all-in-one Lexmark Printer/Fax. My question is what is the best way to use my lexmark to fax? The Fax software enclosed with the lexmark is for the birds. I have tried going to lexmark website, but it's useless to find what you want there. Is there a simple way of being able to fax. One of the main problems I am having with the lexmark fax software is when I start the application it...
March 23rd 09 04:57 PM
by viola Go to last post
2 247
Wireless Printer Stops Working for one PC. Others OK by Tom from WI[_2_]
I am running Vista Home Premium on my laptop. I have a Brother wifi printer (although it connects to the router with a wire). I have 2 desktops and my laptop that use the printer. The two desktops use the printer without a problem. My laptop only works during the period after I add the network printer. When I reboot, it will seem to print to the printer but it just gets stored in the printer...
March 23rd 09 05:59 PM
by Alan Morris [MSFT] Go to last post
5 230
Vista with HP laserjet 5 - Take Two by Haraldo
Hi, New here, new to PC, new to Vista. Similar to another question that didn't give details, I'm trying to print to my old HP LaserJet 5MP printer from a new HP laptop running Vista Home Prem 64. I've had long talks with HP, but they've thrown up their hands and basically told me that the printer is too old and they can't help. Yet, the printer is listed in Vista when I try to Add a Printer. In...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
March 24th 09 05:01 PM
by Tom Ferguson Go to last post
10 410
HP software Vista 64 woes by Tony Linguini[_2_]
In downsizing my business I moved my office to my home. My old HP2840MFC needed a drum, and I was tired of it not being able to scan under Vista. I bought a CM2320nf, and networked it to my 2 Vista 64 computers. I previously had a 5590 scanner and a D7160 photo printer that would not allow HP software to work correctly with Vista 64. Over the past year I have spent hours working with HP...
March 25th 09 12:24 PM
by Tony Linguini[_2_] Go to last post
0 226
"The media is write protected" error by Safai
Hi everybody. Excuse me for openning up an old issue. I could not find a good answer on the internet. Recently I changed my hard disk, WITHOUT changing the fax store folder; it is "d:\users\documents\fax" as it was before. Since then, when I try to send a fax, I get this error: "The media is write protected". Anyone knows what is wrong?
March 25th 09 05:25 PM
by Safai Go to last post
2 271
Problem with Epson EPL5700 on Vista SP1 by mbh017
Hello, I have a problem with my laser printer, Epson EPL5700. EPL5700 is a monochrome laser printer, with a LPT1 port. Linked to a computer, who running with XP Familly edition, she work fine, and XP recognizes it automatiquely. But when I have linked my printer on my other computer who running on Windows Vista SP1 32bit, I can install the printer, I select the port who is LPT1, after, I choose...
March 25th 09 06:45 PM
by LVTravel Go to last post
6 295
How do you scan documents on Vista? by schamb76
I have Windows Vista Home Premium and am trying to figure out how to scan documents. There are plenty of instructions on how to scan pics, but I want to scan docs to attach to email. Where is the scanning wizard? Thanks!
March 25th 09 08:24 PM
by pateju Go to last post
2 243
Pinter list missing in some applications. by Bob Petruska
In Vista with some applications I'm missing the printer selection list when I go to the Print or Page Setup in the File menu. Other applications the printer list is there and I can mak a selection between the 2 printers hooked up to the computer. The printers work fine, no errors or issues. I just do not see a printer list. The same applications in my old XP system show the printer list...
March 26th 09 02:34 AM
by Bob Petruska Go to last post
1 216
How do you deploy your printers ? by Atreides
Hi All, We are currently adding printers based on group membership, via VB script.. objNetwork.AddWindowsPrinterConnection \\server\printer But we mostly have problems with users who travel and require printers at the local site to be installed. What is the best way to deploy printers to a med-large organization ? We have tried using Group Policy (with Print Management), which was a...
March 26th 09 03:29 AM
by Atreides Go to last post
3 249
Universal Printer Driver by anon_private
Hi, I would like to install a Universal Printer Driver. Can someone point me to a good free driver that will run under Windows Vista Home Premium (32bit). What is the difference between Microsoft's Universal Printer Driver (I cannot determine if this driver is suitable for a home pc, or if it meant for Vista) and the Generic/Text only driver listed under printer
March 27th 09 12:30 AM
by H Brydon Go to last post
2 436
HP PSC 1350 Printer does not INSTALL on Vista OS by doc2007
We have had this laptop for four months using a Vista O.S. The printer is a HP PSC 1350 all in one. Currently running IE7 and am aware of the conflict between HP Director and IE7. We have not used the director software although the printer self installed as it should when we started using this laptop until recently (1 month) After hunting for IE7 downgrade instructions to IE6, IE7 is not...
March 27th 09 01:27 AM
by Dave[_29_] Go to last post
3 250
Need driver for HP 2840 by Tony Linguini[_2_]
The HP 2840 Color Laser MFC prints fine, but will not scan as it did in XP. I now have Vista Ultimate 64 bit. Any workarounds or ideas? Thank you.
March 27th 09 12:24 PM
by Dave[_29_] Go to last post
5 330
Problem with MS "Document Imaging" OCR and WORD by franklr
I have been using DI for the last few months without a problem. All of a sudden I am getting this error message when I send the OCR translation of my scanned document to WORD - "Server is busy - This action cannot be completed because the 'Document 1 - Microsoft Word' is not responding." followed by - "An error was encountered when trying to send text to Word" WORD hangs up and I must use...
March 28th 09 02:41 AM
by franklr Go to last post
0 238
HP 4000n / universal print driver / vista business 64 by wildpitch
I can do a test print OK via the driver properties, but any application I choose to print from, Word / Outlook etc throws up an error dialogue... "The selected printer 'HP universal printing PCL5 (v4.7)' is not a supported HP device." ..I'm unsure as to whether this an HP or Vista problem. Has anyone else seen it or any suggestions on how to make it work?
March 28th 09 03:16 PM
by wildpitch Go to last post
2 217
I cant print from my epson stylus nx400 by Sabrac03
I was installing the epson, and i an error ocurred saying that the timeout expired or something like that, because of that i cant print... I have tried to download the printer driver from the webpage of epson but it says it cannot be installed, any idea? By the way, I have a hp laptop, vista, 64bit --
March 30th 09 07:57 PM
by Sabrac03 Go to last post
0 226
Vista printing frustrations by HWhite
Is there an option to have the picture printing wizard print the image in its native size, rather than forcing me to choose from a pre-set list of re-sizing options (4x6, 8x10, etc)? If not, how can I disable or work around this wizard? Thank you.
March 31st 09 05:55 PM
by HWhite Go to last post
0 195
ip4200: Vista Home Basic Fails, but Home premium works by wowjimi
I have a Canon iP4200 which will NOT work on Vista Home BASIC desktop, but will work on my laptop which has Vista Home PREMIUM. The Home Basic is a clean install, virgin hard drive, new computer, etc. -------------------------------------------- Vista Home Basic FAIL:
March 31st 09 11:38 PM
by wowjimi Go to last post
4 234
Refreshing connection to WHS printer by SeaJohn
I have Vista Home Premium 32, connected to a Windows Home Server machine, to which I also have attached 3 XP machines. My printer is attached to the WHS and shared with all the other machines. On the Vista system only, when I reboot, I can no longer print to the WHS connected printer. I have to Add a printer, respecify the network address (\\MyServer\Myprinter) and enter the username and...
April 1st 09 10:25 PM
by SeaJohn Go to last post

From The