Threads in Forum : Printing, Faxing and Scanning with Vista Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
  Rating Thread Reverse Sort Order / Thread Starter Last Post Replies Views
Can't Print with Dell 942 AIO Printer by petrojw
When I try to connect my Dell 942 AIO printer to my Vista Ultimate system I get an error that the print spooler has stoped and the following error message "Windows can't open Add Printer Operation could not be completed (Error 0x000006be)" I can not find anything that helps. Any ideas?
January 24th 07 04:11 AM
by petrojw Go to last post
3 527
Can't print works or open office documents+ by Gene
I can't print documents written with works word processor or with open office; however, I can print email, internet pages and everything else. I bought a new prinster thinking my old one was the problem. It wasn't; the new one won't print document either. What int world is wrong? I have never heard of this problem, much less encountered it personally.
February 12th 08 05:33 AM
by Cari \(MS-MVP\) Go to last post
1 315
Can't scan over wireless network with Lexmark x4650 by threev
I have Vista Home Premium 32 bit and just installed a new Lexmark x4650 all-in-one. I can print perfectly when it is connected wirelessly (through the printer's internal connection to the network), but it won't recognize there is a scanner on it. If I connect it via USB, it works. I have tried disabling both the firewall (McAfee and Windows) and the wireless router. I can't see to find anyone...
December 26th 09 07:52 AM
by Chuck[_2_] Go to last post
9 698
Can't Scan with Brother MFC 8640D after installing Windows Live Onecare by Metrogirl
I have Vista Premium 32bit and a Brother MFC 8640D printer/scanner/copier with a USB connection. Everything worked just fine until I installed Windows Live Onecare yesterday. I can still print fine, but when I try to scan I get the following message: "Scanning failed. Please try to scan the image again, if the error happens again please restart your computer, and then try to scan again.
January 20th 09 02:22 AM
by Cari \(MS-MVP\) Go to last post
1 269
Can't see printers on SBS2003 by John Lenz
This may be an old issue. I have a small server based network (SBS 2003) and all my printers are on the network. The Vista machine is a member of the server group. I am running Vista Ultimate. I cannot add the network printer to Vista. I can see it as part of the server but when I "double-click" on the printer, it just keeps "processing" and does not add the printer. Question: How do I add...
December 12th 07 12:07 AM
by John Lenz Go to last post
1 251
Can't send a fax in Vista as a client to SBS 2003 R2 by ejskyz
I've setup the SBS 2003 R2 with the Fax server configured and it can recieve a fax. I've pushed the client fax ware out to all of the workstations which have Vista Ultimate SP1. I've configured the Windows Fax and scan to the fax server on the SBS 2003 by the server's name. But when I go to send a test fax it states that "it couldn't find a coverpage" and I've clicked ok and it goes to send it...
March 2nd 09 11:34 PM
by vista stuff[_2_] Go to last post
6 291
CAN'T SEND FAX FROM VISTA- get RPC SERVER NOT AVAILABLE by Bill Milosz
It appears my Agere WinFax Modem is installed correctly in my VISTA 64 Ultimate installation (new installation, new PC) - when I configured Windows faxing, the modem showed up in my FAX ACCOUNT as "local fax (default)" I wrote a test fax to send to my office. When I clicked SEND I get an error "The message could not be sent. The RPC server is not available." In days of old, RPC server...
March 10th 08 02:53 PM
by Bill Milosz[_2_] Go to last post
2 248
Can't Send Fax using Fax and Scan by NewtoVista444
I'm running Windows Vista Ultimate 32 bit version with all updates installed. I am using a Agere Win Modem. I can't send a fax using the fax and scan program. The "status" is always stuck on "pending." The fax never goes through, but I don't get any error messages. But I am able to send faxes without any problem using VentaFax.
December 30th 08 09:43 PM
by Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] Go to last post
3 278
Can't set network printer as default by dmack410
I work for a non-profit and I am basically the IT Department in our organization simply because I am the one who knows the most about computers (which isn't a lot) but there is no budget for an IT Department. We recently upgraded to Windows Vista Business and I am running into an issue where I can't set any network printer as the default printer. I can install the printer fine and I can set...
March 12th 08 02:57 PM
by LambChop Go to last post
3 367
Can't set up fax in Vista Ultimate by Bonnie B. Dyson
When trying to set up the fax in Windows Ultimate I get to the Connect to modem then next and I get "An error occurred. Please try the operation later or contact administrator". Everything is connected and my modem has always worked flawlessly. Anybody know anything I can try? Bon
October 4th 07 11:27 PM
by Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] Go to last post
1 233
Can't share my HP all in one printer with my new Vista machine by RJP
I have a K80xi all in one printer connected through USB to an XP host PC ("Host"). The Host is connect to a wireless network. I have multiple XP laptops successfully sharing that printer on the wireless network, but I distinctly recall having to load a separate driver (e.g., the driver for a Deskjet 970C), not the K80xi driver, on each laptop in order to use the shared printer. This is...
April 29th 07 05:53 PM
by Cari \(MS-MVP\) Go to last post
1 176
Can't stop printing ss on Brother HL 2070N by trudger
I had begun printing a two page ss but forgot to instruct p 1 to 2. It spooled about 500 pages so I opened paper drawer to stop printing then opened printer file and canceled printing. Returned to SS, highlighted area to be printed and set it as print range. Went to print, instructed to print p 2 of 2 and hit print. PAges and pages are coming out so again I pulled drawer, opened file,...
March 14th 08 11:42 AM
by trudger Go to last post
0 249
Can’t print or print preview from IE7 by Bazoz
Hi I get the following errors when I try to print from IE7 on Vista 64 RTM Cannot find ‘file:///D:/Temp/Low/********.htm’. Make sure the path or Internet address is correct. After that I get: An error has occurred in the script on this page.
June 8th 07 10:58 AM
by malckelly Go to last post
8 439
can´t connect to a printer by Hikaru
Hi, I have a X73 lexmark printer managed by a computer running windos XP Home Edition when I run the add printer wizard on vista, I get the following message Windows cannot connect to the printer. Access is denied The Version of windows vista that I running is Windows Vista RC1 Build 5600
November 30th 06 03:31 AM
by Hikaru Go to last post
0 626
Cannon IR2200 - Spooler SubSystem error by Nizam
HI...I am getting an error on my Vista Laptop "Spooler SubSystem App stopped working and was closed". I have tried the article on the lexmark printer giving the same error but that wasnt successfull. PLEASE ASSIST ...thank you -- ....Nizam
August 3rd 07 04:49 PM
by Dan [MSFT] Go to last post
1 185
Cannont delete printers - no jobs pending! by mc0624
I was trying to set up a print server to my HP 4000. I created several printers with various different IP address (the print server is going thru my router). When all that failed, I called tech support for the print server. We ended up changing the IP address to match the router -- this was the problem and now I can print. However, when I try to delete those other printers...it won't let...
June 4th 09 02:16 PM
by Tae Song Go to last post
5 232
Cannot access printers by Peace Church
On Vista (Home Basic and Buriness versions) I lose all access to printers periodically causing all Office programs to hang. The problem seems to happen when a secutiry update is installed or a new application is installed. The fix is to either go back to a restore point prior to the noted install or to disable startup items. The problem is definitely associated with a startup item but I...
July 15th 08 04:16 PM
by Peace Church[_2_] Go to last post
5 458
Cannot add fax account by Ed Jobe
I have a Vista Ultimate pc on a domain which has a local modem. I do not wish to set up a fax server on the domain server. I set up Fax and Scan on the pc, but am unable to add a fax account with user credentials. If I add it with admin credentials, the account does not appear for the users. What do I need to do to add a fax account that users can use? -- Ed
December 22nd 08 04:52 PM
by Ed Jobe Go to last post
0 279
Cannot add HP PSC 2210 on wireless Vista laptop by lbrown66
HP PSC 2210 is installed on wired desktop running Windows XP, Laptop running Vista Home on wireless network can not find printer to Add. I didn't try disabling firewalls, I just thought of that, could that be the issue. Both computers are using CA Security Suite. -- lbrown66
February 18th 09 12:25 AM
by Cari \(MS-MVP\) Go to last post
1 274
Cannot add new PDF port for Adobe Acrobat 8.1 by Joe L.
Hello all-- As the title states, I can't add a new PDF port for Acrobat 8.1. I can create a PDF just fine through the existing port (to the desktop), but I have an Access/SQL app that needs to be able to put a PDF in a specific folder on a network share. In WinXP I can create a new port with the share as the PDF destination.
August 20th 07 01:02 PM
by Joe L. Go to last post

From The