Threads in Forum : Printing, Faxing and Scanning with Vista Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
canon printer emulation by rdhughes
I have a Canon Multipass C555 and the drivers wont work on Vista 64. I know I can use a canon BJC driver with parallel cable. but I do not know what model will emulate the multipass. Anybody know what BJC model to use?:w00t: Post Originated from http://www.VistaForums.com Vista Support Forums
September 3rd 09 04:47 AM
by rdhughes Go to last post
0 403
HP Deskjet 9650 Vista Help by adadams
I have a HP 9650 and am running Vista.  I understand that the 9650 is not supported in Vista and recommends the Alternate 9800 Printer Driver.  I had this installed and was working fine until this morning when I disconnected everything in order to move  my computer around. Once I plugged everything back in, it wanted me to reinstall and then said couldn't find...
September 3rd 09 12:26 AM
by jasonpierce Go to last post
4 537
Spooler pauses on last page by Mel H[_2_]
I am running Vista 64 Ultimate. I have an HP Officejet Pro 8500 wireless and am printing wirelessly. I have the latest HP driver. When I print a multipage document, all pages print fine except the last page. The last page prints halfway, waits two minutes and then finishes printing.
September 2nd 09 11:07 PM
by Cari \(MS-MVP\) Go to last post
6 648
HP2610 All-in-one fax only works without the internet by gerrieaustin
I had a XP for more than 10 years with the hp2610 hooked up and the fax worked until I had a power surge that completely fried the computer. I now have a laptop hp pavilion with the same configuration and printer it doesn't fax anymore. The fax only works when the printer is hooked up directly the phone port, directly bypassing the computer all together. I have downloaded all the hp2610...
September 2nd 09 08:16 PM
by gerrieaustin Go to last post
4 490
Umax Astra2100u & Vista 64 Home Premium by phfd6405
I HAVE A 2004 UMAX ASTRA 2100U USB SCANNER THAT I WANT TO USE WITH MY NEW SYSTEM. I HAVE A HP PAVILION A6826f PC WITH WINDOWS VISTA HOME PREMIUM 64 BIT OS. I CANT FIND ANY DRIVERS FOR THIS SCANNER. ON THIS FORUM A POST STATED TO USE AN ADAPTEC SCSI ADAPTER AND GET THE VUE??? SOFTWARE.
September 2nd 09 11:54 AM
by Mike Hall - MVP Go to last post
6 498
Control panel shows 3 printers when I have only 1 by tryingtolearrn
I recently installed a printer, a Dell v305w & it I did a little print job & also scanned a document which I emailed. Everything went fine. Last night I tried to print a document and it wouldn't print. Now I look in the control panel under printers & it shows my v305 PLUS M/S office doc image writer AND M/S XPS doc writer. I googled these & sort of get an idea why they showed up suddenly BUT...
September 2nd 09 02:10 AM
by Cari \(MS-MVP\) Go to last post
2 535
Control panel shows 3 printers when I have only 1 by tryingtolearrn
I recently installed a printer, a Dell v305w & it I did a little print job & also scanned a document which I emailed. Everything went fine. Last night I tried to print a document and it wouldn't print. Now I look in the control panel under printers & it shows my v305 PLUS M/S office doc image writer AND M/S XPS doc writer. I googled these & sort of get an idea why they showed up suddenly BUT...
September 1st 09 11:30 PM
by tryingtolearrn Go to last post
0 375
HP2610 All-in-one fax only works without the internet by gerrieaustin
I had a XP for more than 10 years with the hp2610 hooked up and the fax worked until I had a power surge that completely fried the computer. I now have a laptop hp pavilion with the same configuration and printer it doesn't fax anymore. The fax only works when the printer is hooked up directly the phone port, directly bypassing the computer all together. I have downloaded all the hp2610...
September 1st 09 09:01 PM
by gerrieaustin Go to last post
0 394
HP PSC 1210 stopped working on a Dell desktop running Vista by cin443
Printer has been installed on this desktop for 1 1/2 years, no problems. Sent document or test page to printer, printer acts like it is going to print (noises), never pulls paper. Then document is gone from the print queue. Printer is set to spool documents, sharing is set to Everyone. HP diag reports printer is working okay, but still no test page, MS Fix It reports printer working okay....
September 1st 09 01:48 PM
by cin443 Go to last post
0 351
HP PSC 1210 stopped working on a Dell desktop running Vista by cin443
Printer has been installed on this desktop for 1 1/2 years, no problems. Sent document or test page to printer, printer acts like it is going to print (noises), never pulls paper. Then document is gone from the print queue. Printer is set to spool documents, sharing is set to Everyone. HP diag reports printer is working okay, but still no test page, MS Fix It reports printer working okay....
September 1st 09 01:48 PM
by cin443 Go to last post
0 272
Networked HP deskjet 9650 and Vista 64 by jasonpierce
I am having issues with my hp deskjet 9650 and Vista 64. HP has recommended using the 9800 series driver as a workaround. The 9800 driver comes bundled with vista and is not available on the HP site. This is fine when attaching the printer directly to the machine. Thru the add wizard I just select add local printer and I am given a list from which to select the 9800. However I need to add this...
September 1st 09 07:17 AM
by jasonpierce Go to last post
0 297
Installation of SamSung CLP-300 Printer on Vista Ultimate by Cas
Help! I am unable to install SamSung CLP-300 printer to my HP Pavillion dv900 LapTop with Vista Ultimate 32/64 bit. I have successfully installed this printer on my desk top with Vista Home Premium with no problems, but am not able to install it on my laptop, I have wasted hours, with no success! I have tried to install from the installation CD, I have downloaded the Vista Driver (so called...
September 1st 09 04:57 AM
by Chuck[_2_] Go to last post
4 401
Spooler pauses on last page by Mel H[_2_]
I am running Vista 64 Ultimate. I have an HP Officejet Pro 8500 wireless and am printing wirelessly. I have the latest HP driver. When I print a multipage document, all pages print fine except the last page. The last page prints halfway, waits two minutes and then finishes printing.
August 30th 09 10:58 PM
by Mel H[_2_] Go to last post
0 318
Printing in Oulook 2003 by vze2mp9g
Hi, I'm running Vista Ultimate SP2 installed. I have MS Office 2003 Premium installed. I have a HP 3800dn color printer with Vista 32 printer drivers from HP installed. When I display an e-mail in the full page mode, when I go to print to e-mail, it only prints the header (From: Sent: To: Subject:). I tried changing to the default printer HP 3800 with the same problems. Has anyone else had this...
August 30th 09 01:55 PM
by Cari \(MS-MVP\) Go to last post
2 351
Printing in Oulook 2003 by vze2mp9g
Hi, I'm running Vista Ultimate SP2 installed. I have MS Office 2003 Premium installed. I have a HP 3800dn color printer with Vista 32 printer drivers from HP installed. When I display an e-mail in the full page mode, when I go to print to e-mail, it only prints the header (From: Sent: To: Subject:). I tried changing to the default printer HP 3800 with the same problems. Has anyone else had this...
August 29th 09 11:02 PM
by vze2mp9g Go to last post
0 328
Umax Astra2100u & Vista 64 Home Premium by phfd6405
I HAVE A 2004 UMAX ASTRA 2100U USB SCANNER THAT I WANT TO USE WITH MY NEW SYSTEM. I HAVE A HP PAVILION A6826f PC WITH WINDOWS VISTA HOME PREMIUM 64 BIT OS. I CANT FIND ANY DRIVERS FOR THIS SCANNER. ON THIS FORUM A POST STATED TO USE AN ADAPTEC SCSI ADAPTER AND GET THE VUE??? SOFTWARE.
August 27th 09 07:06 PM
by phfd6405 Go to last post
0 291
spooler subsystem app stopped working and was closed by Mentos
hi, i get message " spooler subsystem app stopped working and was closed" i go to services.msc and start "print spooler". i see the printers again but 2 mins later, i get the same error message and i need to restart it was all working fine until after this morning, when i installed roxio easy media creator (for burning discs). --
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
August 27th 09 12:42 AM
by prariebyu[_5_] Go to last post
19 743
Suddenly Can't Print .. no clue why by Snuffy2
So I've got a problem I just don't know how to resolve or further debug. I've got a Thinkpad Laptop running Vista x64 Ultimate. I reinstalled the OS ~3 weeks ago and installed my print drivers. I have 2 network printers and I also use doPDF to create PDFs. All of these were working just fine. Today they are not printing correctly, but not in a way I can figure out. Applications give me an...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
August 25th 09 01:01 AM
by JayRFisher Go to last post
14 753
Fax and Scan by Stang Cobra 04
When I had a computer meltdown, I upgraded from XP to a computer with Vista Home Premium edition. I spent the extra money only to lose an important feature, the ability to send faxes and to scan with my HP All-in-one psc 2410. I do not want to upgrade to Ultimate and pay for a bunch of features I don't want and would not use. Microsoft should give a lot of thought to selling Fax and Scan...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
August 24th 09 11:02 PM
by Mike Hall - MVP Go to last post
14 862
HP Officejet Pro L7680 All-in-One freezes on scanning in Vista by M Skabialka
Bought a new printer a few months ago - HP Officejet Pro L7680 All-in-One. Until recently hadn't scanned anything but the other day scanned half a dozen pages. After the first two or three the HP scan software started to freeze once the scan was complete. Now the freeze happens as soon as I click Scan a picture or a document; there is a circular hourglass icon but it spins until I kill...
August 23rd 09 06:23 PM
by Chuck[_2_] Go to last post

From The