Threads in Forum : Printing, Faxing and Scanning with Vista Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
  Rating Thread / Thread Starter Last Post Replies Views Reverse Sort Order
Free Internet Fax by [email protected]
div style=text-align: center;h1span style=font-weight: bold;Free Fax Service / Free Internet Fax / Free Online Fax Service/span/h1brbra href=http:// www.efax.has.itimg style=border: 0px solid ; width: 720px; height: 300px; alt=free fax src=http://www.mb01.com/getimage.asp? m=55&o=662&i=7110.dat/ abrbrbrbrbrbrbrbrbrbrbrbrGet a  bigfree...
April 4th 08 12:26 PM
by Peter Go to last post
1 169
Working Flatbed Scanners by Glen[_3_]
Has anyone been successful in getting a flatbed scanner to work correctly with Vist Home Premium?? I have a Artec 1236USB, which is entirely powerd by USB. It has worked well with All versions of Windows up and through XP but it will nit install with Vista. If I have to get a new scanner, are there any that work with Vista?? If so please let me know the brand & Model No.. I apprecite any...
October 17th 07 07:52 PM
by WRM Go to last post
5 169
Pleeeeeaaaasee help. ma printer is not working by Shaimaa
I have Toshiba Laptop Satellite A135, coming with it windows Vita Basic. I bought Xerox printer "Phaser 3117". i installed the CD that came with it bt it didnt work. when i connect it it always says a New Hardware Found. i uninstalled the driver and downloaded and installed the driver for windows vista bt it is still not working. whenever i try to follow "New Hardware Found" and write the...
October 18th 07 09:38 PM
by Shaimaa Go to last post
0 169
Brother HL4040cn printer install by mark a
after trying multiple installs, cables and reboots my printer still does not work. also tried new drivers, uninstall drivers and update drivers. vista does not recognize my usb printer it appears on lpt1. i did a separate install on another pc with vista and no problems. the box is a new gateway with factory install of vista, gateway tech says it's not them, brother tech says it's not...
April 8th 08 05:59 AM
by mark a Go to last post
0 168
ControlCenter3 by rddirks
When I installed my Brother MFC-665CW printer/scanner on my Dell Windows Vista PC, the ControlCenter3 did not install with it. There was some kind of error. The printer/scanner works fine but no ControlCenter3. What can I do?
August 7th 07 07:07 AM
by [email protected] Go to last post
1 168
How and where do I setup a FAX account by NancyB5849
I have my computer Dell Dimension E521 with a line from the wall into "line" and a line from the "phone" on back of machine to my telephone. How and where do I set up a FAX account so that I can send and receive fax messages.
September 24th 07 10:09 PM
by jonathan perreault Go to last post
2 168
Networked HP printers on 2003 server to Vista client questions? by Brian Hoyt
I have a couple of problems / questions dealing primarily with HP LaserJet 42X0 and 43X0 shared from a 2003 server to Vista clients. First, it appears the current driver available on HP has a problem with it. If you attempt to open print properties it errors out with a 0xc0000005 error. The built in Vista drivers don't have this issue but that brings up problem 2. I have a mixture of XP...
October 4th 07 06:52 PM
by Alan Morris [MSFT] Go to last post
4 168
Vista Ultimate 64 and HP CM 1015 by Bytesback[_2_]
So it's Christmas, The kids are busy unwrapping their presents, The cats are making Nests in the piles of discarded wrapping paper, I'm deducting the kitten from halfway up the tree when the wife starts unwrapping her new HP CM1015 Choruses of oooohhhs and aahhhhsss A bit later sees me thinking of hiring a small crane as I lug it upstairs.
December 30th 07 09:33 AM
by Bytesback[_2_] Go to last post
0 168
unable to print attachments to e-mails by paul
Hi All, I can print an e-mail but can not print attachments to it. Does it have anything to do with settings on computer? -- p
February 18th 08 04:55 AM
by paul Go to last post
0 168
Windows Vista cannot connect to the printer. The specified Print m by asj
Hi trying to install a number of HP printer from our server 2003 to Vista Business and I keep getting an this error: Windows cannot connect to the pinter. The specified Print Monitor is unknown Can anybody help? Thanks
August 19th 07 04:36 AM
by Billyray44 Go to last post
2 168
HP 2710 All in One by Chuck
All in one my butt, more like all crap. But anyways, here is my issue that HP can't/won't fix. I installed Vista and updated my computer drivers from HP. Now, everytime I try to fax from the computer to the fax machine, I get a error that states "the fax scan has failed" and then it doesn't work. Funny thing is, I can scan and fax from the unit itself and it works fine. Another note is that...
July 13th 07 01:55 AM
by huwyngr Go to last post
1 168
Printer randomnly going off-line by Glenn
I use a wireless printer hub (US Robotix) so the port is a internet port. I have tried the following: - Updated the drivers - Read the boards and can't disable SNMP because it is a internet port not TCP/IP just need some suggestions. Thanks.
June 23rd 07 02:21 AM
by Glenn Go to last post
0 168
Sharing by Caravelle
Hi I have a Epson color 900 and a Lexmark X6170 in a vista OS, the problem is that 4 others pc running XP can not see the printers, I did share each in vista what can I do? TIA
June 22nd 07 11:45 PM
by Cari \(MS-MVP\) Go to last post
4 168
Vista fax: how to set retry parameters or send immediately? by MKairys
So I have a fax that failed to send. I see in the Windows Fax and Scan applet that the status is "retrying"; also by waiting patiently I see that it will retry in about ten minutes. But... 1. How can I set the retry interval or the number of retries? 2. How can I make send immediately the fax that's stuck in the outbox?
June 8th 07 09:13 PM
by Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] Go to last post
3 168
NET USE DOS program by Dave
I've a Vista PC and an HP840c connected via USB (it has also a parallel port but the PC has not) As I need to print from a DOS program I've shared the printer and connected the LPT1 port via NET USE. A "DIR LPT1" issued from the Command Prompt is correctly forwarded to the USB printer (it's DOS compatible). So far so good. The problem is that if I open a DOS application inside the very...
May 25th 07 11:09 PM
by Dave Go to last post
0 168
printer problem... by urgent!!!
I can not add the printer into LAN, I'm using Windows Vista, and I would like to add the network printer but I received this message.... Windows can't connect to the printer ther is not enoug memory to complete this operation.....
March 28th 07 03:13 AM
by Alan Morris [MSFT] Go to last post
1 168
I want to disable detect dial tone so I can fax using vist how do by Victor
Hi I'm Vic! Thank you for reading my file. I'm sorry to tell you about my difficulties while attempting to fax the maximum number of times because I do not know how to disable detect for dial tone before faxing. If you can help me disable the detect for dial tone before faxing i would really appreciate it. again thank you for your help Victor --
April 30th 07 09:54 AM
by Victor Go to last post
0 168
XPS Print Server (when no Vista x64 printer driver is available) by DigmasterG
Hi, I have a Vista Ultimate 64-bit machine connected to my network. My LAN printer is an HP Color LaserJet 2600n. That LaserJet model uses host-based printing such that the exact printer driver is essential, and unfortunately, there's no Vista x64 support for that printer. What I would like to do is to use a print server running Windows XP that does have the correct LaserJet driver...
May 7th 07 06:08 PM
by DigmasterG Go to last post
0 167
Print Queue Problem by bluepete
I have an LaserJet 1200 printer connected to a Netgear FR114P print server/router. When I send a print job from my Vista Business laptop to the printer, the queue does not clear when the job is done. I have to manually clear it to prevent the job from re-printing. What is the solution to this? Thank you. Frustrated in Seattle
May 25th 07 06:17 PM
by bluepete Go to last post
3 167
Spooler Subsystem WAS CLOSED by kfoutts
I've seen this error all over but haven't seen a solution. When my computer starts I get an error stating the spooler subsytem app has stopped working as WAS Closed. It doesn't say needs to close. I think this is a driver problem but I can't remove the printer with the bad driver or update the driver because the spooler won't stay open long enough to get to it. ideas?
February 13th 07 06:10 PM
by kfoutts Go to last post

From The