Threads in Forum : Printing, Faxing and Scanning with Vista Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
  Rating Thread / Thread Starter Last Post Replies Views Reverse Sort Order
PA Bear sent me. Printer won't work when UAC enabled. by tryingtolearn
O/S Vista Home Basic 32 bit. Dell v305w AIO printer. I was having some IE script errors which also caused my printer not to print. MS MVP, PA Bear helped me fix the problems over in IE group. So the printer works now, however, it will ONLY work when UAC is disabled NOT when UAC is turned on. I'm not exactly sure how important UAC is to me as there is only 1 computer & 1 printer in the house,...
September 25th 09 01:25 AM
by tryingtolearn Go to last post
0 360
Want a "good" HP all-in-1 wireless printer that runs in Vista by presbo
I would like a "good" ALL-in-one HP printer that runs in Vista and easy to install. And not more then $250. Thanks. :D -- presbo
September 7th 09 11:35 PM
by Dave T.[_4_] Go to last post
4 360
HP Color LaserJet 4550 - Networking Windows XP 32-bit (x86) with Widows Vista 64-bit by pandaking
Hi there, I currently have a Windows XP (x86) computer running with my "HP Color LaserJet 4550" printer attached. It has been working great for ages, and I share it on my network to my other home computers. All the other computers in my house are also 32-bit. I recently purchased a new computer which is running 64-bit Windows Vista.
November 14th 08 07:44 PM
by pandaking Go to last post
3 360
Slow Printer Speed by 1on1spanish
I am running Vista Home Premium edition on an Everex stepnote 2053 I am connected wirelessly to a router and I have an XP machine connected via ethernet it has an HP1100 printer attached to it via parallel cable. I used to be able to print easily to it. Then a few month my everex stopped recognizing the printer. I just made do for a couple of months and then tried adding the printer.
September 11th 08 03:48 AM
by Cari \(MS-MVP\) Go to last post
1 360
no print to fax driver? by Steven[_7_]
Can someone lead me to a print to fax driver for vista? Thanks in advance
August 22nd 08 05:48 PM
by Hal Hostetler [MVP-P/I] Go to last post
1 360
custom forms in vista by amit p[_2_]
I am using an Epson Lq-300+ dot matrix printer in Windows Vista. I am trying to print bills sized 12in by 6in. I added the custom paper size in the print server and it is saved correctly, however, when I try to print, the print properties dialog does not show the paper size. In fact, there are many paper sizes in the print manager that do not show up in the list of available paper sizes.
January 25th 08 03:37 PM
by Alan Morris [MSFT] Go to last post
5 360
Found Solution to having Canon Printers be compatible with Microsoft's Remote Desktop by BARBLS[_6_]
Since more and more people are working at home, I had assumed that someone would know how to get a home printer to print documents from their work computers on their home printer when the printer driver was incompatible with the Remote Desktop. But alas I have gotten no answer. I finally found the answer at the following Web site: 'Using Your Local Printers While Using A Remote Desktop...
April 15th 08 03:20 AM
by Chuck[_2_] Go to last post
3 359
HP Laserjet 3052 is missing by Christian Møller Nielsen
Hello all. After installing VISTA Ultimate 64 BIT, I can't use my printer. It's a HP LaserJet 3052 connected by USB cable. (it's a multifunction unit with printer, scanner and fax all-in-one). When I plugged in the USB cable, Windows recognized the hardware and told me that the drivers was successfully installed, but when I go to control panel, I can't find the printer and I can't select the...
April 12th 07 05:30 PM
by Hugh Wyn Griffith Go to last post
6 359
HP Photosmart C5280 Printer - Scanner - Copier by jaz33063
I recently purchased this printer. However, after installing, uninstalling, reinstalling, communicating with HP I cannot scan to my desktop. Does anyone have a fix for this? -- jaz33063
August 18th 08 03:18 AM
by harisn9000 Go to last post
7 359
Can't Connect To Network Printer by Don[_11_]
I have Vista on my HP notebook and I want to connect to the HP laser printer on my WinXP Pro desktop computer. When I try to connect with the desktop printer I keep getting a message that the local spooler is down. I have sharing turned on. Do I need to install a Vista compatible driver on my desktop machine? If you can help, thanks.
October 19th 08 02:23 PM
by Don[_13_] Go to last post
3 359
Scan with HP All-in-one and hp cmputer by Bert Lesser
My 7130 HP indicates the the HP computer is not set up to scan. How do I prepare the computer to scan? -- Bert Lesser
September 3rd 08 09:32 PM
by Dwarf Go to last post
2 359
Unable to connected to shared printer in Vista, XP works ok by thanatos
I have a print server in an Active Directory environment. I had successfully added printers to all of the workstations in our department both XP and Vista. This week; however, we are not able to print from any of our Vista workstations. I have rolled back all MS Updates for the server and the Vista workstations to no avail. This was working last week. Below is the error I receive when attempting...
August 21st 08 07:44 PM
by thanatos Go to last post
1 359
Bluetooth printing by BennLop
Can someone help please. I am trying to print to a Kodak 5100 printer via bluetooth, I can transmit jpeg files via bluetooth wireless file transfer and it will automatically print, great, but I would like to use notpad to print directly to it. I'm obviously doing something stupid is this possible? -- BennLop
August 11th 08 04:58 AM
by BennLop Go to last post
2 359
printer spooler not running by aga151
Hi, After having a diagnostic check on my Lexmark X4580 printer running on Windows XP Home edition,the Lexmark Technician told me I need to get an update fo Windows Spooler Service, where and what do I need to download to fix this. regards aga
3 359
Problem Fax setting and Fax Account by Alvis
I am Having trouble in adding Fax account in windows vista Fax and Scan. After choosing a modem name in Fax Setup window the moment I click next I get an error message "an error occurred. Please try the operation later or contact your administrator". I have an internal fax modem, its working fine. I mean I am able to connect to the net and all. And another problem is when i click Fax Setting from...
November 3rd 07 09:39 AM
by Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] Go to last post
3 358
Cannot install HP 3325 Printer model by Rocky
Hi All, I have been trying to install the HP 3325 DeskJet Printer from past 3 weeks. However, all the efforts have gone in vain. I tried searching for the right Driver, but this model is quite old, so default drivers are available in the Printer manufacturer list. Unfortunately, I tried for installing the default HP printer drivers in my pre-installed Windows Vista laptop, but I could not...
November 26th 07 07:39 PM
by Alan Morris [MSFT] Go to last post
7 358
HP Printer PSC 1500 series by Delbert Martens
*Can somebody tell me why my printer does not print like it did when I had and HP. My HP died and now I have a Dell with Vista. I'm tired of trying to get it to work. I can't even check the printer levels. I keep putting in new cartridges but my colors are all messed up if it prints at all. Please help. * -- Delbert Martens
November 15th 08 06:05 PM
by Tom Ferguson Go to last post
5 358
runtime to terminate it in an unusual way Error by BillyJazz
I am running Windows Vista Home Basic SP1. Recently installed programs to work with Palm smart phone. After install I began receiving this error message Visual C++ Runtime Error Program: C:\windows\system32\spoolsv.exe The program caused the runtime to terminate it in an unusual way.... Other symptoms include not being able to add a printer(which by the way have disappeared from my printer...
January 9th 09 11:43 PM
by BillyJazz Go to last post
4 358
Spooler SubSystem problems reinstalling Lexmark by MrsManolo
Please help! I have spent so much time on this problem already. I had installed Lexmark all-in-one X5260 and an old Epson printer on my Vista Business Sony Vaio since early 2008 without problem. When I removed the old Epson printer yesterday from my computer, I did not do it completely and there was still a test page in the Epson spooler. I replugged in the Epson printer and deleted them....
February 9th 09 12:54 PM
by Clark[_6_] Go to last post
1 358
Sharing Printers from Vista to XP by ToKE
I have a Canon i865 shared on a Vista Ultimate x64 system. using the unbuilt drivers. i can see the printer fine on my XP MCE laptop but the Vista Drivers are not supported under XP. i have tried installing the XP drivers manually on the XP machine but it rejects them, i also cannot install non-Vista drivers when trying to install drivers for previous operating systems when trying to install...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
March 9th 07 07:32 PM
by Alan Morris [MSFT] Go to last post

From The