Threads in Forum : Printing, Faxing and Scanning with Vista Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
  Rating Thread / Thread Starter Last Post Replies Views Reverse Sort Order
FAX - GPO by Sam NetAdmin
Is there a way to setup a GPO to define Default Cover sheet and disable adding user defined. Network is windows 2003 Thanks -- Network Administrator
August 13th 08 01:45 PM
by Sam NetAdmin Go to last post
0 250
Problems installing HP 1320n on Vista by [email protected]
I have connected the printer to the USB port, but Vista does not detect the printer automatically. When I looked in the Hardware Management (in danish Enhedshåndtering) on the IEEE 1284.4 port, the printer is visible. I tryied install it by doing the following actions: Add printer Choose LPT1 I downloaded the latest drivers from HP and chose "have disk..."
August 18th 08 05:36 PM
by [email protected] Go to last post
5 250
Printing Web Pages by PaulH[_2_]
I have a home network with a cable modem, Linksys wireless router, a hard wire Vista Home desktop, an wireless Dell XP laptop, and a HP 2610 PhotoSmart printer all connected to the router. I can print web pages from the XP laptop, but web pages will not print from the Visa desktop. Normal documents (spreadsheets, word docs, etc) print ok from the Vista desktop. Any help on printing web...
June 17th 08 09:21 PM
by Cari \(MS-MVP\) Go to last post
3 250
Can not delete printer by Bill
A friend has a Toshiba laptop running Vista Home. He has a printer that cannot be deleted. When I attempt to delete the printer I get an "accesss denied" error. The printer had five documents in the queue. I cannot cancel the documents either. He has two user accounts on the computer. I have tried to delete the printer from both accounts and get the same error with both. I enabled the...
June 23rd 08 05:42 PM
by Alan Morris [MSFT] Go to last post
6 250
Print spooler in vista ultimate interacts with office by Jurgen
When print spooler service is running the cursor shows busy signal and the applications of MS office slow down substantially. After closing print spooler the applications work fine. When I first start my office applications and after that I start my print spooler service they also work ok. What can I do to prevent this from happening every time?
March 3rd 08 07:48 AM
by Holger Blumenkamp Go to last post
3 250
HP Photosmart 8250 and Vista by CdLSRN
I wanted to set up my HP Photosmart 8250 to my new Dell XPS 420 with Windows Vista Ultimate and My new laptop (HP). I bought a small Server to make it a wireless connection to the laptop. But I never got that far. I put the CD into the Windows Ultimate and it would not run. It tried to update and it has all the updates that HP put out. It said it was up to date. Is there a way to make this...
August 28th 08 04:46 PM
by CdLSRN Go to last post
0 250
Connecting to printer wirelessly by kungfuboy
Hello, I just got a Dell inspiron 1525 laptop running Vista home premium and want to connect it wirelessly to a Dell V305 printer. It works fine with the USB cable connected but I'm not sure where to start to get it working wirelessly. I don't have any other pc's connected, just want to use the laptop. Apologies if this question has been asked before or if i am in the wrong forum, I am a...
September 22nd 08 08:05 PM
by Malke[_2_] Go to last post
6 250
Can't install any printer, used to work by zephiris
Hi, I'm using vista ultimate x64, and no matter what printer i try to add, whether it be local port or network, or different brands of printers, none work and all come up with the 0x000005b3 error: this operation cannot be completed. I started having this problem after I had a power outage, but since then i have done sfc and chkdsk and fixed everything, except for this one problem. I really...
August 25th 08 04:52 PM
by Alan Morris [MSFT] Go to last post
3 249
Network Fax Server software by [email protected]
For more see: http://www.joyfax.com Joyfax Server is a designed client/Server-based application that makes sending and receiving a fax more efficient, simpler and cheaper. With the integration of Joyfax client and the Joy fax printer driver, faxing from any standard application will be as easy as printing. Due to the client rver architecture of Joyfax, all faxes are stored centralized on the fax...
September 1st 08 04:09 PM
by [email protected] Go to last post
0 249
FAXING with Vista using the Lexmark x125 by Jaiboudri
All features on the Lexmark X125 are responding to the Vista commands except receiving a FAX. It will send but will NOT receive a FAX. Any help appreciated. Jaiboudri
December 28th 08 09:05 PM
by Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] Go to last post
1 249
Epson perfection 1240 by Carlos Sánchez
Somebody has made work the scanner this in Windows Vista 32? The one that I have is USB. If it is if, it can say like?
March 5th 07 12:55 AM
by Ken Lyon Go to last post
3 249
Delete LPT1 Parallel Port by John
I have a Thinkpad T60p that ships without a parallel port. As a result I get the following error message in Event Viewer: "The Parallel port driver service failed to start due to the following error: The service cannot be started, either because it is disabled or because it has no enabled devices associated with it."
October 24th 08 06:23 PM
by Black Baptist Go to last post
5 249
Print From Vista x64 to XP x86 by ginster[_2_]
Hello :), I have a few pcs networked together. All are running XP x86(using windows firewall) and have a different printer installed on each. I recently added a Vista x64 pc to the mix, it has no printer connect directly to it, and it can access all the other pcs from it(file sharing is good, same workgroup). My problems is that I cannot print from the Vista x64 system to any of
April 22nd 09 07:08 PM
by Lyoness Go to last post
6 249
Default printer disappears in Word by lozan365
Every time I open Word the default printer has "disappeared". I get an error message saying the printer has not responded and asking whether I want to wait. This makes printing very, very difficult. Does anyone have a solution. I am using Vista Home edition, Office 2003 and the printer is an Epson D78. I have installed the new driver for the D78 and Vista. I have uninstalled and...
June 27th 08 03:49 PM
by CNP Go to last post
5 249
Hp Officejet 6310 (Vista) by qumara
Hello everyone I did something really stupid and I need help...I did a system restore and now my computer is messed up, mainly my printer. I cannot download any drivers, can't get my computer to recongize my printer. I get 2 error messages saying: 1: HP Installer Driver ul not found 2: Acess to the registry key; HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Hewlett-Packard\eDiegs is denied.
June 3rd 08 05:00 PM
by Tony Zamboni[_2_] Go to last post
3 249
Vista Business fax issues by tricky300
Hi, Thanks to anyone who can help. Scan and Fax seems to be severley messed up on my PC. I am running Vista Business as a standalone PC. I tried to use fax for the first time today and came up against several 'brick walls'. I could not send because the system gave me some message about RPC (unfortunately I cannot remember the full message and cannot reproduce now).
November 16th 07 10:38 AM
by Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] Go to last post
5 249
Driver for HP Photosmart 7660 by ps4444
I have been unable to install my HP Photosmart 7660 onto my laptop running Vista business. I tried to install the drivers that worked on XP and they were not compatable. HP said that I would have to use the alternate driver for vista which is the driver for the Deskjet 5600. The instructions on HPs website said that I could select the driver from the dialog box in the add printer wizard...
March 2nd 08 09:15 PM
by huwyngr Go to last post
3 249
running 32 bit programs on Vista ultimate64? by Lawrence Brandon
Can all programs that run onXP Pro x64 be counted on to run on Vnsta Ultimate? -- Lawrence Brandon
October 22nd 07 06:28 AM
by No Name Go to last post
2 249
Purchasing a Printer that operates on Vista by SJA
Our system currently runs on Windows XP but we are considering purchasing a printer that runs on Vista. Is the printer compatiable to our Windows XP operating system?
May 1st 07 05:35 AM
by DevilsPGD Go to last post
8 249
Print to file problem by dav4is
I could do this on XP, but don't remember how, and that system is no longer available to me. I need to establish a printer that always prints to file, using the same path and filename without asking where. The data must be "as is", i.e. simple text. I remember that this involved putting the path and filename somewhere unusual and using a special driver, a la text only.
August 16th 09 12:01 PM
by dav4is Go to last post

From The