Threads in Forum : Printing, Faxing and Scanning with Vista Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
limited to 999 copies by Mel P[_2_]
Hi, I regularly print more than 999 copies of documents at a time using the drivers supplied by Microsoft (my printer manufacturer uses the microsoft ones). This makes me have to print the file 6 times in order to get 5000 copies. Does anyone know a way around this? If I type in 1000+ into the # of Copies box, I just get 1 copy.
July 17th 08 11:39 PM
by Tony Go to last post
1 431
Can'r Print by Garry
I'm using a HP Deskjet 5550 printer, but nothing prints. I've checked that it was installed properly. Vista came on the HP Pavilion Entertainment PC that we recently purchased, and ever since we bought it, we've had this problem printing. I'm not particularly computer savvy, but everything seems to be alright. When we hooked up the printer the first time to the USB port, our printer was...
July 17th 08 04:36 PM
by huwyngr Go to last post
4 5
Adding a printer by barry j
I am having trouble adding a Canon LBP810 printer to my computor.I have tried to download the upgraded driver for Vista from the Canon site,without any luck.I have also tried the canon helpline without success.I may have to buy another printer if unable to add this printer.
July 17th 08 10:41 AM
by Tom Ferguson Go to last post
1 530
Windows Fax won't receive faxes by Carol
I have Vista Ultimate. The Windows Fax & Scan software will send a fax, but it won't receive. The software is set to automatically receive faxes. The phone rings, it says the call was answered as a fax, and then it delivers an error message, "the remote fax machine did not respond in time and the call was terminated." I am logged in as Administrator, and set the permissions to "allow"...
July 17th 08 12:10 AM
by Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] Go to last post
1 425
Print Confirmation Message - Can it be disabled by zaz
In Windows Vista Business when a print is completed a small pop up confirmation message comes up in the bottom right corner of the screen. Can someone please tell me if this message can be disabled (and how). Thank you in advance.
July 16th 08 06:58 PM
by Hal Hostetler [MVP P/I] Go to last post
3 482
Network Printer by B Whit
A Dell A920 Printer is connected to my old laptop running XP. I am using another laptop running vista. When I try to use the printer on the XP via the vista computer I am unsuccessful. I have tried reading through the forums and this is what I've done so far. 1. Updated both drivers on both computers. 2. Tested the printer out on both computers via usb (and worked) 3. Set up a Local...
July 16th 08 03:43 PM
by Alan Morris [MSFT] Go to last post
3 638
Sending RAW data to a printer with port set to FILE by georgi
This question has appeared in this group earlier but no answer was given. When sending data to a printer as described in KB 138594 http://support.microsoft.com/kb/q138594/ i.e. OpenPrinter with DOC_INFO_1.pDataType set to "RAW", StartDocPrinter, StartPagePrinter, WritePrinter, etc., and the printer port is set to FILE:, print job sits in spooler with status "Error - Printing". No entries are...
July 16th 08 07:05 AM
by georgi Go to last post
0 502
Unwanted vertical lines when printing a Word document with an imag by Hapless
I have copied a signature into a word (2007) document (cut and paste in various formats tried) and it now prints a vertical black line at the end of every line that includes print. It does not do this in XP on my other machine. It does not show in preview and the laser printer is fine (both PC's use it). Has anyone a solution to this ? -- Cheers Hapless
July 16th 08 04:37 AM
by Cari \(MS-MVP\) Go to last post
1 433
How to: Copy/restore faxes from one Vista PC to a new one? by SuperFreak[_5_]
After a HD crash I reinstalled Vista, but I can't copy/restore/move my faxes (both Inbox and Sent Items) from the older machine to a freshly installed Vista machine. It's quite annoying that it was not possible to move faxes from my old XP machine to a new Vista Ultimate PC. But it's a pain in the butt that I also can't move my later Vista faxes to a new Vista machine. Can anyone help how to...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
July 15th 08 04:18 PM
by SuperFreak[_5_] Go to last post
14 987
Cannot access printers by Peace Church
On Vista (Home Basic and Buriness versions) I lose all access to printers periodically causing all Office programs to hang. The problem seems to happen when a secutiry update is installed or a new application is installed. The fix is to either go back to a restore point prior to the noted install or to disable startup items. The problem is definitely associated with a startup item but I...
July 15th 08 04:16 PM
by Peace Church[_2_] Go to last post
5 458
General Printing Issues (Default Printer)(Excel)(Outlook) by gogerc
We are currently planning to upgrade to Vista with SP1 to around 10000 desktops and have the same issue with all test PCs. (Around 20) *either cannot set default printer. (This can be achieved if the spooler service is stopped and then started again) *Default printer changes when rebooted (defaults to XPS document writer *no printers are renumerated in Excel (2003 sp3 or 2007 sp1)until...
July 15th 08 03:55 PM
by Alan Morris [MSFT] Go to last post
7 518
Joyfax Server - Client/server-based fax software allows you to sendand receive fax anywhere by [email protected]
Website: http://www.joyfax.com Joyfax Server is a designed client/Server-based application that makes sending and receiving a fax more efficient, simpler and cheaper. With the integration of Joyfax client and the Joy fax printer driver, faxing from any standard application will be as easy as printing. Due to the client rver architecture of Joyfax, all faxes are stored centralized on the fax...
July 15th 08 03:34 AM
by [email protected] Go to last post
0 500
Queue does not empty by sigi
The only way I can clear the queue is by restarting. I found that folders that will go through the "user" folders get hung up. Any suggestions? -- sigi Posted via http://www.vistaheads.com
July 15th 08 12:33 AM
by sigi Go to last post
0 412
Scanner Software not compatible with Vista by jerry d.
I have an Hp Scanjet 4670. The included software is not compatible with Vista Home Premium 32 bit. I can access it through my Digital Photo program but am limited in it's use. HP has informed me there are no updates for this particular scanner at this time. The scanner is only 3 years old and I am well satisified with it's performance. Are there any 3rd party software available to help with...
July 14th 08 09:54 PM
by Cari \(MS-MVP\) Go to last post
4 538
how to print in dos to usb printer by Ron b.
How can i print in dos to a usb port printer.
July 14th 08 09:48 PM
by Cari \(MS-MVP\) Go to last post
1 425
Is anyone ever going to answer this question? DEFAULT PRINTER?? by [email protected]
I cannot set the default printer in Vista Business with SP1. I am connected to a domain trying to set a network printer hosted from a server as the default printer. I have seen a dozen or more questions similiar to this in this group as well as on other forums and found no answer. I see a MS-MVP come on and tell people to remove local printers such as the XPS and adobe printers. This is...
July 14th 08 09:47 PM
by moncul Go to last post
9 538
error 1068- dependency service or group failed to start by Kiara1427
ok I have a few problems, first of all when I installed my kodak printer dock it doesnt even show up in the "printers" file. Secondly when I try to print anything it comes up with the error message 1068. Ive already went through and made sure all the dependecies were on "automatic". It wont let me start the "print spooler" it just comes up with the error message. Im using a brand new laptop...
July 14th 08 08:53 PM
by Alan Morris [MSFT] Go to last post
5 525
HP Officejet 5610 by Adnan
I using windows vista ultimate. i have installed HP officejet 5610. When i go to printer and scanner on control pannel it shows the scanner as installed , but i cannot seem to find the program anywhere. as i in i don't know how to start it as i cannot find in my list of installed programs. I also installed the driver from HP website . afetr downloading it i tried to run it but it is asking...
July 14th 08 11:53 AM
by Webner Go to last post
8 590
Vista and Print Server by RonR
I have 3 computers sharing a printer through a Netgear print server - PS121. The three print fine - they run Windows XP. Now I want to add a Windows Vista computer. However, the Vista computer does not "see" the print server. Do I need to attach the print server directly to the Vista machine for installation and then go back to the traditional setup w/ the Print Server as a network device?
July 14th 08 08:30 AM
by vista64user Go to last post
6 545
IE7/Vista has ceased printing by PA Bear [MS MVP]
Forwarded to Vista Print_Fax+Scan newsgroup via crosspost. Look in Control Panel | Security | Windows Update | View installed updates and tell us what update was installed on 26 Jun-08 (e.g., KB952709). -- ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear) MS MVP-IE, Mail, Security, Windows Desktop Experience - since 2002 AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net DTS-L http://dts-l.net/
July 13th 08 09:18 PM
by Robert Aldwinckle Go to last post

From The