Threads in Forum : Windows Vista File Management Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
Reply, Forward etc. by Kay
Why can't I view reply and forward when doing so with a message? Message appears on bottom tab but I have to maximize it to see it. Can't find what to do to "repair" it. Your help is always appreciated.
May 7th 07 02:55 PM
by Kay Go to last post
0 205
Folder Options affect desktop? by Julian
If I set Show Hidden Files on e.g. Program Files, the desktop, which is not even a subfolder, follows suit... (I like e.g. to see my desktop.ini files and am happy with the dimmed presentation of "hidden" files) Why is this? Anyway to decouple them so that my folder prefs don't cause desktop.ini to appear on the desktop?
May 7th 07 07:19 PM
by Kerry Brown Go to last post
4 121
windows mobile device center by Zrod
Hi, I was running windows XP with active sync, before upgrading to vista, i untinstalled active sync, and after upgrade, i am unable to synchronize my PDA imate. When i double click on WMDC, nothing happens, when i connect the PDA, i can see it in teh device manage. Any hint. Thanks
May 7th 07 07:59 PM
by Zrod Go to last post
0 134
.mdb files in Vista Business by RHill
Hello Support Group I have MS Office 2003 Professional installed on my Vista Business laptop. The .mdb files on this PC cannot be moved to another PC or Shared Storage Directory on our Network and be viewed or edited with any other PC / Operating System when the file is opened with another PC using MS Access 2003 it opens up empty or blank. I also tried E-mailing the file to a programmer for...
May 7th 07 08:20 PM
by RHill Go to last post
0 105
documents and seeettings folder by Zrod
Hi, Is there a way to access teh folder documents and settings under vidta? When i double click teh folder, it give an unauthorized access, while i am logged in as administrator. any hint?
May 7th 07 08:24 PM
by Zrod Go to last post
2 134
How to set file property # to a value 99 by KE7LYS
I am organizing a folder of audio files by properties including genre, artist and #. If In Explorer when I attempt to set the value for property # to a value greater than 99, I get the message "An error occurred when writing the property "#" to the file...". Is there a work-a-round? Thanks
May 7th 07 08:58 PM
by KE7LYS Go to last post
2 123
permissions problem? by nicholas hall
I have just reinstalled my computer and I think I have a permissions problem? I have a feeling that the registry is not allowing programs write to it? Most of my main programs are working fine, but I have problems with others??? The problem I am having was covered by a post I did a little earlier on in the day. -----------------------------------------------
May 7th 07 09:02 PM
by Jane C Go to last post
1 123
Strange dir d*. results by Steven Andrews
Hi all Just mucking around today, began DOS prompt as admin: cd\ into root of c Drive. Issued dir d*.* command Expected a list of all documents and folders in the root of C starting with the letter D, and instead got this: C:\dir d*.* Volume in drive C has no label. Volume Serial Number is 5440-F38A
May 9th 07 02:15 AM
by Darrell Gorter[MSFT] Go to last post
6 145
Unable to "Select All" in Explorer (file browsing) by [email protected]
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/934548/en-us On a Windows Vista-based computer, you cannot use keyboard shortcuts to select more than one item in Windows Explorer View products that this article applies to. Article ID : 934548 Last Review : April 24, 2007 Revision : 1.0
May 9th 07 05:50 AM
by [email protected] Go to last post
0 137
How can i import xp fax files into vista fax and scan by Prasath
I am using vista ultimate and I am trying to import my fax files which I was using in window xp but I don't find import option in vista fax and scan. please help me.... Thanks & Regards S.Prasath
May 9th 07 05:57 AM
by [email protected] Go to last post
2 150
Can't select multiple files in my computer by Eran
Hi, I can't select multiple files in "my computer (explorer)" using the ctrl and shift keys. I can't even multiple select with the mouse. Any ideas how to fix this? Thanks,
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
May 9th 07 06:16 AM
by Xiaoyang Go to last post
16 350
Unable to select multiple files in explorer by Kirk B.
I'm unable to select multiple files in explorer. The clicking methods with the shift key and ctrl key do not work. ctrl-a does not work. Organize--Select All is grayed out. The solutions found on in numerous threads relating to the registry keys for Bags and Streams failed to fix this problem. Also, this appears for all accounts on my computer. Is there a fix for this problem?
May 9th 07 06:19 AM
by Xiaoyang Go to last post
5 229
Briefcase Substitute/Replacement Available by Julian
If at first you don't succeed... Give up? Never! Patience is sometimes more than it's own reward - I have found a replacement for the dire Briefcase that is part of Vista... and it's free MS software now compatible with Vista too. See he http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/using/digitalphotography/prophoto/synctoy.mspx
May 9th 07 10:07 AM
by Julian Go to last post
0 155
Replacing a file still points to original file by Sandy
In my folder "Program Files\CurrencyInventory" I have a file AA_Inv.mdb. When I copy from another folder the same file name AA_Inv.mdb to the CurrencyInventory folder it is NOT replaced. The original file version is displayed. If I delete the file and then run my application the original file is used by my application when I would expect a runtime error since the file in not in my...
May 9th 07 02:00 PM
by Sandy Go to last post
0 124
Index of pdf files by Blanca
I absolutely need desktop search to index the content of pdf files and show them on the preview panel. Search in XP allowed me even to select text in the preview panel and work with it, somethnig I am missing badly now. I installed Adobe Reader 8 for Vista, while I used 7 in XP. Does it have anything to do or do I have to select something in Vista to get the same results. Why am I not...
May 9th 07 05:24 PM
by Blanca Go to last post
6 186
Video - DVD files are not shown? by Iceman
I'm trying to access DVD-files on several of my DVD's, but somehow Vista doesn't allow it. I'm using the administrator account, but I still don't see any files when I try to open the DVD dir. The movies work fine, but I'd like to be able to access the files directly. Why is this made so difficult and how can I see the files? Thanks, Ice
May 9th 07 07:19 PM
by Iceman Go to last post
0 155
Downloads Disappear by Rag Man
After downloading a program from the internet the program disappears. It is not located in the folder I specified. These are trusted sites and good programs. So I don't know what is happening. WHen I search my system the programs are not found anywhere,
May 10th 07 02:57 AM
by Sid Go to last post
2 145
Can't move a folder by [email protected]
Hi, I've got Vista Home Premium, and in the Documents folder are a number of folders. On some folders, when I try to move them to another folder, it works without any prompt (as I would expect). On other folders I get the UAC permission request and after agreeing, it works. And finally, there are some folders where I agree to the UAC prompt and then get an additional window saying "You need...
May 10th 07 03:35 AM
by [email protected] Go to last post
1 140
Access denied to files and folders by Joachim
I'm a software developer and after a debug crash I cannot access a folder which my program was using. It simply says "Access denied". I have tried to restart Vista (Ultimate), but it doesn't work. I have tried from the dos prompt using rd and rmdir /S and it doesn't work. I am the owner and administrator of the folders which I'm trying to access. I have tried to change the How can I remove...
May 10th 07 10:20 AM
by Mike Go to last post
4 167
Controlling How Windows Explorer Opens by Desert Doug
I am not a fan of the Navigation Pane in Windows Explorer. Every time I open Windows Explorer I have to go to Organize/Layout and uncheck Navigation Pane. Is there a way I can control how Explorer opens so I don't have to do that every time? Thank you
May 10th 07 12:23 PM
by Malke Go to last post

From The