Movie maker video transition not smooth

Old July 1st 08, 12:34 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.music_pictures_video
Brian Bartholomew

Default Movie maker video transition not smooth

Ken
The second part of your question - "Free Video Converter" from
Koyotesoft.com works well (producing an AVI with a video bitrate ceiling of
9Mb/s) but the direct method to WMV9 is better. My name is supposed to be
shown as
"daburt" wrote in message

I also have this problem as, it seems, do a lot of other people. One
suggestion which works is to download Movie Maker 2.6 but since Movie
Maker 6 is an integral part of Vista Home Premium and not third party
software it is high time Microsoft provided an answer

--
daburt

Old July 1st 08, 07:20 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.music_pictures_video
harrygee

After using Moviemaker in Vista for a year with great results I have
just started to get this flickering fault when I link 2 clips
using the 'dissolve' transition.

I can't imagine why it would just start doing this but I hope that
someone can find the answer very soon.

--
harrygee
Old July 1st 08, 10:57 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.music_pictures_video
On Request

Can you report here the type of video file you have imported? And if it was
an .avi file, what kind of .avi? DV-AVI has been reported to have this
'transition flicker' in Vista (but not for all users). It may be a problem
with the file type of your source files.

Old July 2nd 08, 08:32 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.music_pictures_video
harrygee

On Request;764485 Wrote:
Can you report here the type of video file you have imported? And if it
was
an .avi file, what kind of .avi? DV-AVI has been reported to have this
'transition flicker' in Vista (but not for all users). It may be a
problem
with the file type of your source files.

The files are .mpg downloaded from my mini dvd camcorder.
I've been using this for over a year with great results and the
flickering fault has only recently appeared.

--
harrygee
Old July 2nd 08, 07:14 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.music_pictures_video
Helpfool?

I haven't yet encountered any serious problem using using Quick Time files in
Movie Maker. But, in my case, it is early days, and I haven't had time to
corrupt my system's codecs.

"kchin" wrote:

Hi,

I need help, - when I add 2 video clips to make movie in Window Vista Movie
Maker I notice that the video at around the tranition period (only few
seconds) is "jummpy" or somewhat "shaking", what should i do? I have made
many movies from Window XP version and did not have this problem before,
please advise if anyone out there know the answer.
Thank you.

Old July 3rd 08, 01:32 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.music_pictures_video
Brian Bartholomew

I recently short-listed (for my personal use) the software that
successfully converts .MOV files to
dotSOMETHINGTHATVISTACANDIGESTWITHOUTAPPENDAGES. Whilst reviewing my
browsing history today I noticed that "ImTOOMOV" is unum e pluribus not on
my shortlist. Here in the UK companies can be prosecuted under the Trade
Descriptions Act if their wares fall short of the claims made for them.

Judgeing by the amount of positive feedback I've had (so far) from
organisations I've contacted, you'd think I was asking for the return of the
Thirteen Colonies.

Have a nice 20080704, everyone.

Brian
"Ken" wrote in message
I just tried MPG with the same results: the first few seconds of the Ms
Mvie
Maker movie are still....so here's a question: can someone recommend a
converter that takes an MOV file and converts it to a format it Movie
Maker
accepts? I want to validate that the stillness is not due the converter
I'm
using, which is Im TOO MOV converter.

-Ken

"Ken" wrote:

Thanks for the idea: since I was converting my MOV file to AVI before
using
MM. I wil convert to another format and try the front-end rim again to
see if
a non-AVI file suffers the same result. Again, thanks. I'll give it a
try.

"retexan599" wrote:

daburt;761690 Wrote:
I also have this problem as, it seems, do a lot of other people. One
suggestion which works is to download Movie Maker 2.6 but since Movie
Maker 6 is an integral part of Vista Home Premium and not third party
software it is high time Microsoft provided an answer

I have had a similar problem with flickering transitions in Vista Movie
Maker and DVD Maker. For me the problem only occurs when I am using
DV-AVI files either as source material, or as Published. So, I avoid
DV-AVI. This problem has been discussed in the Movie Maker forum at:

'Movie Maker Forums' (http://www.windowsmoviemakers.net/forums/)

There is not a consensus about it, however, as PapaJohn reports good
success with DV-AVI in Vista.

--
retexan599

HP Pavilion; 2 GB RAM; Core2Duo