Performance and Maintainance of Windows Vista A forum for performance and maintenance tasks in Windows Vista. (microsoft.public.windows.vista.performance_maintainance)

Display too Small

Old March 2nd 08, 06:22 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.performance_maintenance
skawks

Default Display too Small

After an automatic windows update, my computer restarted and everything on
the monitor has shrunk down in size including the toolbar, sidebar, mouse,
internet explorer and everthing else. I have a Dell 22" widescreen LCD with
resolution set at 1680 by 1050 which I believe is the correct resolution. Any
recommendations to return everything back to its normal size?
Thanks
Old March 2nd 08, 06:30 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.performance_maintenance
Bob F.[_4_]

"skawks" wrote in message
After an automatic windows update, my computer restarted and everything on
the monitor has shrunk down in size including the toolbar, sidebar, mouse,
internet explorer and everthing else. I have a Dell 22" widescreen LCD
with
resolution set at 1680 by 1050 which I believe is the correct resolution.
Any
recommendations to return everything back to its normal size?
Thanks

Right click anywhere on the desktop . Personalize Display settings
adjust 'til your heart's content.

--
BobF.

Old March 2nd 08, 07:12 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.performance_maintenance
shrinkydink

The same thing happened to me today. I was able to bring everything back to
size manually with the exception of the sidebar and its icons. According to
Microsoft, you cannot adjust the size of the sidebar or its icons, it is
preset. My PC is under Dell warranty but they had no clue with online
support so they are now contacting Mr. Gates finest. Something tells me this
happened to thousands of us and we are just finding out now about the snafu.
Now my calendar is too small to read-even on a 22" Samsung! Yikes~! I hope
Microsoft is quick to restore this consumers confidence.

Old March 2nd 08, 07:21 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.performance_maintenance
69SUPERBEE

I HAVE THE SAME PROBLEM ALSO EVERYTHING IS SMALL AND HARD TO READ I HAVE A
NEW DELL ALSO WITH A 19IN LCD,WAS TROUBLE SHOOTING WITH AOL ALL MORNING AND
THEY CAME UP WITH NOTHING ALSO,THEY SAID TO CONTACT A WINDOWS TECH,I HOPE
THEY GET THIS STRAIGHTEND OUT FAST,VERY HARD ON THE EYES

Old March 2nd 08, 07:22 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.performance_maintenance
Bob F.[_4_]

"skawks" wrote:

After an automatic windows update, my computer restarted and everything
on
the monitor has shrunk down in size including the toolbar, sidebar,
mouse,
internet explorer and everthing else. I have a Dell 22" widescreen LCD
with
resolution set at 1680 by 1050 which I believe is the correct resolution.
Any
recommendations to return everything back to its normal size?
Thanks

Looks like there was an update for a driver and MS didn't preserve your
settings for it and set it to it's shipping default value.
Right click anywhere on the desktop . Personalize Display settings
and re-adjust.
--
BobF.

Old March 2nd 08, 07:29 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.performance_maintenance
skawks

I am aware that the resolution can be adjusted as described but none of the
settings look as good as my previous display. I went ahead and ran a system
restore which has set the display back normal

Old March 2nd 08, 07:59 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.performance_maintenance
Kaz

the exact same thing happened to me this afternoon london time. the web
browser pages dont fit the whole screen, the side bar is too small to read,
etc the other things have shrunk in size..... i also have a dell 20"
widescreen lcd with resolution 1680 by 1050... looks like more than one
person has been affected by this... i have been fretting over it all day... i
tried personalizing the display settings... nothing works......... help
please??????

Old March 2nd 08, 11:22 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.performance_maintenance
Pat

Same thing here. Also happened today. Mine is a 6 month old Dell 20" flat
screen. Must have been a really bad update.

Old March 2nd 08, 11:38 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.performance_maintenance
Dave

I'd check Dell's site for an updated video driver.
Did you happen to get a Windows Update for your video driver, or perhaps an
update that reset your display resolution?

--
http://get.live.com/wlmail/overview