Windows Vista and Games Relating to running games and relateds issues under Windows Vista. (microsoft.public.windows.vista.games)

Microsoft Tinker

Old October 12th 08, 05:34 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.games
ingow

Default Microsoft Tinker

I just installed Windows update KB954955 which is the game Tinker. When I
click on the start menu link or the tinker.exe file I get a small inker
window and then the message "Tinker.exe has stopped working ...". If I click
on the shortcut link in the Windows Games/Tinker directory the game starts,
but it is not displayed correctly. Basically I cannot see all of the buttons
and writing. I do not see any place to uninstall or repair the game. I see
where I can uninstall the update, but I cannot find the update on MS's site
when I do a search (so I can try to reinstall it).

Any thoughts ast what may be the problem and a solution?
Old October 12th 08, 06:34 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.games
rive0108[_19_]

Are you running Ultimate?
I tried to copy the Tinker folder from my computer to my wife's running
Vista Premium x64, and it would give the "Tinker.exe has stopped
working" error. Without a hack this will not work properly on versions
other Ultimate.

To reinstall- unistall the update, restart computer and run windows
update again.

--
rive0108

T7600G Core2 Duo 2.67 GHZ
ATI Mobility Radeon x1900 256MB
1920x1200 WUXGA 17"
4GB DDR2 PC2-5300
Blu-ray BD-RE UJ-220
HP digital TV Tuner express card
200GB 7200RPM HDD RAID 0
Old November 16th 08, 04:08 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.games
Tinker Master

If your PC and Vista Ultimate have all the right things and works without any
problem and, among other games, Tinker does not work, please try to create a
standard account newly and run Tinker there.

In my case, the above works.

The program that is consuming the CPU time 50% when you start Tinker is
lsass.exe. In my case, it has something to do with the account.

ym

Old January 30th 09, 02:27 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.games
obiecat

Have same problem with Vista Ultimate. Created standard account and works
there but not on administrator account. Looks like Microsoft would help
solve this problem. Why pay extra for Ultimate and then have to use a work
around to make it work?
obiecat

Old January 30th 09, 04:35 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.games
Joe[_21_]

"Tinker Master" wrote:

If your PC and Vista Ultimate have all the right things and works
without any problem and, among other games, Tinker does not work,
please try to create a standard account newly and run Tinker there.

In my case, the above works.

The program that is consuming the CPU time 50% when you start Tinker
is lsass.exe. In my case, it has something to do with the account.

=?Utf-8?B?b2JpZWNhdA==?= wrote in
:

Have same problem with Vista Ultimate. Created standard account and
works there but not on administrator account. Looks like Microsoft
would help solve this problem. Why pay extra for Ultimate and then
have to use a work around to make it work?

Maybe the game is buggy, at least you get to play it. Runs fine on my
system, no extra CPU usage, but I'm running an i7 that pretty much laughs
at anything I throw at it.

/hugcomputer

--
Joe
Old July 9th 09, 12:27 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.games
Carlo-Magno85

i just installed windows 7 RC, i would like to installa the game tinker.
However, i cant seem to find it anywhere. Does anyone know how anr/or how to
install it?

if someone knows pease email me:

thanks for your future help.

Old July 15th 09, 07:03 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.games
James Matthews

1. Windows 7 is a new product and it has still quite a few bugs to be worked
on.
2. Since they are new programs you will not be able to find any older
versions of it

Have a good day

--

http://www.jewelerslounge.com/

Old July 28th 09, 06:54 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.games
Jeff

Is there a fix for microsoft Tinker. None of the options listed here have
worked for me. Neither a standard account, or reinstallation have cured the
problem. All I get is a message tinker.exe has stopped working. Nothing else.
Please help me with this if you can.

Jeff