A Windows Vista forum. Vista Banter

Welcome to Vista Banter.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to ask questions and reply to others posts, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact support.

Go Back   Home » Vista Banter forum » Microsoft Windows Vista » Hardware and Windows Vista
Site Map Home Register Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Web Partners

Hardware and Windows Vista Hardware issues in relation to Windows Vista. (microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices)

Speaker Echo



 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #11 (permalink)  
Old May 12th 09, 08:50 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.general,microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Manny Weisbord
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 321
Default Speaker Echo

"Peter Foldes" wrote:

Every Desktop has an internal speaker Manny. This speaker is not as per say for
listening to music and etc but it is the speaker that formulates the beeps that are
the sounds for an error code. If you open your case you will also see a small 16
inch speaker on the inside of the front panel.


I fully KNOW that... but that little "beep" speaker is NOT the problem
- as YOU well know.

Also Micron manufactured Desktops that had internal speakers for sound installed


How many Micron computers are currently in use?
  #12 (permalink)  
Old May 12th 09, 11:41 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.general,microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Woody
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 27
Default Speaker Echo

Are you using digital speakers on an analog output or

"Dan Kap" wrote in message
...
Thanks for the suggestion, Curious. Not only is there no built-in mic
anywhere, I've ensured that every single audio device, other than the
speakers, is disabled via the control panel. Have rebooted the computer
many times to make sure the changes have taken place.

Dan

"Curious" wrote in message
...
If the computer has a built in microphone is there any possibility that
it is enabled?

"Dan Kap" wrote in message
...
I have a brand new Gateway GT5694 desktop computer, using Windows Home
Premium (x64). I have a set of Altec Lansing speakers which I've plugged
into it, which worked very well with my previous XP computer. There's an
echo in the audio output that's so bad that speech is barely
intelligible. There's also mild distortion in music. Headsets work fine
when I switch to those; no echo at all. Speakers consist of a small left
and small right speaker, and a sub-woofer. They're powered speakers. The
speakers' green input plug (only one) is plugged into the green, speaker
output on the computer. I've tried all the other 3.5mm outputs, and none
of the other outputs work at all insofar as producing sound. I've tried
different settings in the Control Panel (Manage Audio Devices). Does
anyone have any ideas as to what's causing the echo and how I might fix
it?

Thanks!


  #13 (permalink)  
Old May 14th 09, 03:27 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.general,microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
RalfG[_3_]
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 489
Default Speaker Echo

Since you don't have a microphone attached my first guess would be that
you've got one of the custom environment settings enabled in the Realtek
audio driver. The icon might not be enabled in the notification area but
there should be a Realtek applet in Control Panel. Look on the sound effects
tab for the environment selections. The default would be "none", with
several of the optional environments adding noticeable echo to one degree or
another.

If you can't fix it by changing the options you could try reinstalling or
updating the audio driver.

"Dan Kap" wrote in message
...
I have a brand new Gateway GT5694 desktop computer, using Windows Home
Premium (x64). I have a set of Altec Lansing speakers which I've plugged
into it, which worked very well with my previous XP computer. There's an
echo in the audio output that's so bad that speech is barely intelligible.
There's also mild distortion in music. Headsets work fine when I switch to
those; no echo at all. Speakers consist of a small left and small right
speaker, and a sub-woofer. They're powered speakers. The speakers' green
input plug (only one) is plugged into the green, speaker output on the
computer. I've tried all the other 3.5mm outputs, and none of the other
outputs work at all insofar as producing sound. I've tried different
settings in the Control Panel (Manage Audio Devices). Does anyone have any
ideas as to what's causing the echo and how I might fix it?

Thanks!




  #14 (permalink)  
Old May 15th 09, 05:25 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.general,microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Dan Kap[_2_]
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 2
Default Speaker Echo

Ralf, that was it!! The culprit was, as you said, the Realtek HD Audio
Manager | Sound Effects. Don't ask me why, but it had been on "Bathroom" all
along. Changed it to "None," as you'd suggested, and the echo problem went
away immediately. So, thanks again!

Dan

"RalfG" wrote in message
...
Since you don't have a microphone attached my first guess would be that
you've got one of the custom environment settings enabled in the Realtek
audio driver. The icon might not be enabled in the notification area
but there should be a Realtek applet in Control Panel. Look on the sound
effects tab for the environment selections. The default would be "none",
with several of the optional environments adding noticeable echo to one
degree or another.


  #15 (permalink)  
Old May 15th 09, 08:52 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.general,microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Gene E. Bloch
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 1,191
Default Speaker Echo

On Tue, 12 May 2009 12:08:24 -0500, Manny Weisbord wrote:

"Dan Kap" wrote:

Thanks for the reply, Gene. What are the "internal speakers," and how do I
manually turn them off? I'll try anything at this point! Via the Control
Panel, I've disabled every sound device the computer offers, other than the
speakers. But your suggestion may be one that I missed.


I think "Gene" blew that one out of his arse. I've not seen a desktop
with internal speakers EVER.


Then you might like to look at this computer. It is a desktop with internal
speakers. It is running Vista Home Premium x64, so it's not a relic of the
old days.

Of course, if you did see it, you'd have to give up your prejudice.

--
Gene E. Bloch letters0x40blochg0x2Ecom
  #16 (permalink)  
Old May 15th 09, 09:00 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.general,microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Gene E. Bloch
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 1,191
Default Speaker Echo

That is very funny, IMO...Especially now that you know the answer :-)

Who would have thought? (RalfG, evidently.)

It looks like "Bathroom" must be the default setting, chosen for its
evident appropriateness. (Kidding, of course.)

On Fri, 15 May 2009 10:25:28 -0700, Dan Kap wrote:

Ralf, that was it!! The culprit was, as you said, the Realtek HD Audio
Manager | Sound Effects. Don't ask me why, but it had been on "Bathroom" all
along. Changed it to "None," as you'd suggested, and the echo problem went
away immediately. So, thanks again!

Dan

"RalfG" wrote in message
...
Since you don't have a microphone attached my first guess would be that
you've got one of the custom environment settings enabled in the Realtek
audio driver. The icon might not be enabled in the notification area
but there should be a Realtek applet in Control Panel. Look on the sound
effects tab for the environment selections. The default would be "none",
with several of the optional environments adding noticeable echo to one
degree or another.



--
Gene E. Bloch letters0x40blochg0x2Ecom
  #17 (permalink)  
Old May 15th 09, 10:30 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.general,microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Curious[_4_]
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 395
Default Speaker Echo

You forgot the link.

"Gene E. Bloch" wrote in message
...
On Tue, 12 May 2009 12:08:24 -0500, Manny Weisbord wrote:

"Dan Kap" wrote:

Thanks for the reply, Gene. What are the "internal speakers," and how do
I
manually turn them off? I'll try anything at this point! Via the Control
Panel, I've disabled every sound device the computer offers, other than
the
speakers. But your suggestion may be one that I missed.


I think "Gene" blew that one out of his arse. I've not seen a desktop
with internal speakers EVER.


Then you might like to look at this computer. It is a desktop with
internal
speakers. It is running Vista Home Premium x64, so it's not a relic of the
old days.

Of course, if you did see it, you'd have to give up your prejudice.

--
Gene E. Bloch letters0x40blochg0x2Ecom


  #18 (permalink)  
Old May 15th 09, 10:44 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.general,microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Gene E. Bloch
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 1,191
Default Speaker Echo

No, I didn't give a link.

On Fri, 15 May 2009 15:30:05 -0700, Curious wrote:

You forgot the link.

"Gene E. Bloch" wrote in message
...
On Tue, 12 May 2009 12:08:24 -0500, Manny Weisbord wrote:

"Dan Kap" wrote:

Thanks for the reply, Gene. What are the "internal speakers," and how do
I
manually turn them off? I'll try anything at this point! Via the Control
Panel, I've disabled every sound device the computer offers, other than
the
speakers. But your suggestion may be one that I missed.

I think "Gene" blew that one out of his arse. I've not seen a desktop
with internal speakers EVER.


Then you might like to look at this computer. It is a desktop with
internal
speakers. It is running Vista Home Premium x64, so it's not a relic of the
old days.

Of course, if you did see it, you'd have to give up your prejudice.

--
Gene E. Bloch letters0x40blochg0x2Ecom



--
Gene E. Bloch letters0x40blochg0x2Ecom
  #19 (permalink)  
Old May 15th 09, 11:46 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.general,microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Curious[_4_]
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 395
Default Speaker Echo

Well then what computer do you want us to look at:

"
Then you might like to look at this computer. It is a desktop with
internal
speakers. It is running Vista Home Premium x64, so it's not a relic of
the
old days.

'

"Gene E. Bloch" wrote in message
...
No, I didn't give a link.

On Fri, 15 May 2009 15:30:05 -0700, Curious wrote:

You forgot the link.

"Gene E. Bloch" wrote in message
...
On Tue, 12 May 2009 12:08:24 -0500, Manny Weisbord wrote:

"Dan Kap" wrote:

Thanks for the reply, Gene. What are the "internal speakers," and how
do
I
manually turn them off? I'll try anything at this point! Via the
Control
Panel, I've disabled every sound device the computer offers, other than
the
speakers. But your suggestion may be one that I missed.

I think "Gene" blew that one out of his arse. I've not seen a desktop
with internal speakers EVER.

Then you might like to look at this computer. It is a desktop with
internal
speakers. It is running Vista Home Premium x64, so it's not a relic of
the
old days.

Of course, if you did see it, you'd have to give up your prejudice.

--
Gene E. Bloch letters0x40blochg0x2Ecom



--
Gene E. Bloch letters0x40blochg0x2Ecom


  #20 (permalink)  
Old May 16th 09, 12:31 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.general,microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Gene E. Bloch
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 1,191
Default Speaker Echo

*This* computer - the one I am using as I type.

Well, you guys are no fun :-) ...so I'll stop pulling your chains.

Sony Vaio VGC-JS130J.

Intel Dual Core 64-bit 2.5GHz CPU, 4GB RAM, 320GB HDD, Vista Home Premium
x64.

With two (2) built-in speakers, in case you are wondering.

Also tons of crapware :-) ... I guess I should have typed :-(

Gino

On Fri, 15 May 2009 16:46:55 -0700, Curious wrote:

Well then what computer do you want us to look at:

"
Then you might like to look at this computer. It is a desktop with
internal
speakers. It is running Vista Home Premium x64, so it's not a relic of
the
old days.

'

"Gene E. Bloch" wrote in message
...
No, I didn't give a link.

On Fri, 15 May 2009 15:30:05 -0700, Curious wrote:

You forgot the link.

"Gene E. Bloch" wrote in message
...
On Tue, 12 May 2009 12:08:24 -0500, Manny Weisbord wrote:

"Dan Kap" wrote:

Thanks for the reply, Gene. What are the "internal speakers," and how
do
I
manually turn them off? I'll try anything at this point! Via the
Control
Panel, I've disabled every sound device the computer offers, other than
the
speakers. But your suggestion may be one that I missed.

I think "Gene" blew that one out of his arse. I've not seen a desktop
with internal speakers EVER.

Then you might like to look at this computer. It is a desktop with
internal
speakers. It is running Vista Home Premium x64, so it's not a relic of
the
old days.

Of course, if you did see it, you'd have to give up your prejudice.

--
Gene E. Bloch letters0x40blochg0x2Ecom



--
Gene E. Bloch letters0x40blochg0x2Ecom



--
Gene E. Bloch letters0x40blochg0x2Ecom
 




Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT. The time now is 06:30 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.0.0 RC6
Copyright 2004-2020 Vista Banter.
The comments are property of their posters.