Email and Windows Vista All issues relating to email and email software using Windows Vista. (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)

One or more messages in your outbox do not have a valid account sp

Old September 10th 07, 09:48 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail
Becci

Default One or more messages in your outbox do not have a valid accoun

Mine to yet it works on the pc downstairs can we fix this ?

"Ansel" wrote:

e-mail messages I write and try to send, initiate the same error message as
"sweetwin" received..."One or more messages in your outbox do not...."
Clicking on the "hotshorturl" link brings up a Google screen headed by "Sorry
the page you requested was not found".
Is there any way I can find a solution to this problem?
I have one message in my outbox that has been there for 3 days. It won't be
sent nor deleted. It does have an incorrect file extension (.com instead of
.net).
--
Ansel A.

"sweetwin" wrote:

"One or more messages in your outbox do not have a valid account specified"
What do I do to fix this problem? I would like to send mail and make replies
--

The Jaguar Marketing System is the most powerful online marketing system
I''ve seen.

Old September 25th 07, 09:42 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail
blaendinam

It worked but what I did not realise is that verything in my inbox, awaiting
archiving,
has been lost.

"Gary VanderMolen" wrote:

This method was recently posted by Mike Burgess.
Seems like an elegant way of deleting the MessageStore files:

Close Windows Mail
Click Start Search Advanced Search
Location = Everywhere
Place a check in "Include non-indexed, hidden, and system files"
Name = (type) WindowsMail.MSMessageStore

When completed, you should only see 2 instances
Highlight, right-click and select: Delete
Ok any prompts, close Search and restart WinMail.

I haven't tried this method myself, so I can't vouch for it.

Gary VanderMolen

"Todd R. Brown" wrote in message ...
Gary, I couldn't find the post you're referring to, but since I deleted and
recreated my sprint email account in Windows Mail, I've been getting these
errors, too. Do you have the information handy on deleting MessageStore files?

Thanks, Todd

"Gary VanderMolen" wrote:

Search the newsgroup for a post that details how to delete
the MessageStore files.

Gary VanderMolen

"Geoffrey Neal" wrote in message
I have checked with my ISP . They said it was a software problem .
My old computer has OutLook Express and works great .
I think Microsoft has some kinks to work out .
I will keep checking back incase someone figures this out .

Thanks
--
Geoffrey Neal

"Jason" wrote:

I am getting the same thing, but it is happening with all messages I try to
send. Does somebody have an answer that is not about removing the account
and re-entering it, because that didn't work. Thanks.

Old September 25th 07, 07:35 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail
Gary VanderMolen

You are quoting a very old post. Since then, easier and less
problematic fixes have been developed. Always read the latest

Gary VanderMolen

Old September 26th 07, 02:14 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail
Annette

Thank you so much. I thought I was going "nuts". I think I will use my
Bellsouth mail until Microsoft decides to fix the problem.

I am just not computer savvy enough to work on this problem. I tried the
"remove account and add account solution and that didn't work". So been
there done that.

I want Microsoft to fix the problem!

"Becca" wrote:

This worked for VISTA!!

"Gerry" wrote:

Have u resolved the email issue? I recently updated to VISTA and discovered I
am unable to email out.
Anyone have a solution while I eagerly await Dell to assist me?!
Thanks,
Gerard

Old October 16th 07, 05:47 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail
sean carroll

"Frank Saunders, MS-MVP OE/WM" wrote:

"Angie" wrote in message
I am having the same problem. Emails that have invalid account specified.
cannot send any mail through my Windows Mail. I do not have McAfee or
Norton
but I do have Spysweeper for Vista and Trend Microvirus for Vista. Should
these be causing a problem when they are made for Vista?

Anyone else have any suggestions?

How many messages are in the Outbox?
If you go to Tools | Accounts, how many mail accounts are listed?

--
Frank Saunders, MS-MVP OE/WM
http://www.fjsmjs.com

Old October 16th 07, 05:55 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail
sean carroll[_2_]

"sweetwin" wrote:

"One or more messages in your outbox do not have a valid account specified"
What do I do to fix this problem? I would like to send mail and make replies
--

The Jaguar Marketing System is the most powerful online marketing system
I''ve seen.
I would value your opinion.
Click this link to see it http://hotshorturl.com/hc33

YOU'RE KIDDING RIGHT? Is this another "Vista" problem or something else? I
tried to e-mail photos and got the same message that everyone else got. Is it
not as simple as setting up "pop smtp" by the way I dont even know how to do
that. It cant be that we need to do all this stuff that is posted here. My
normal e-mail works fine but when I try to mail directly from a link or my
photo gallery I get "THE MESSAGE"
Old October 16th 07, 06:54 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail
Gary VanderMolen

It would help if you described what your "normal e-mail" is.
There are several different email methods and thousands of
different email providers, so it's not likely that us guessing those
details would be helpful to you.

--
Gary VanderMolen [MS-MVP WLM]