Help to delete a document in print queue

Old September 15th 07, 12:04 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.print_fax_scan
Mario

Default Help to delete a document in print queue

Hi,
I have a HP psc 2200 all in one printer and have tried to delete a document
in the print queue and will not delete and will not allow me to print
anything until this has been deleted?

I have tried to delete printer but will not delete?

I am running Vista home premium

Any ideas would be great

Mario
Old September 15th 07, 01:23 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.print_fax_scan
Malke

Mario wrote:
Hi,
I have a HP psc 2200 all in one printer and have tried to delete a document
in the print queue and will not delete and will not allow me to print
anything until this has been deleted?

I have tried to delete printer but will not delete?

I am running Vista home premium

Any ideas would be great

Mario

At the Start Orb in the "search" box type:

cmd [enter]

You wil see cmd appear above. Right-click it and "run as Administrator".
This will give you an elevated command prompt. Type:

net stop spooler [enter]

You should get a confirmation that the print spooler is stopping. Leave
the command prompt available (don't close it out) and now you should be
able to open the Properties for that printer and delete any pending
documents. Once the documents are deleted, you can remove the printer.
Always check in the Programs & Features Control Panel applet first to
see if there is any software connected with that printer you need to
uninstall first. If not, then right-clicking on the printer in the
Printers applet should allow you to delete it.

Once you have finished with that printer, go back to the cmd prompt and
type:

net start spooler [enter]

Malke
--
Elephant Boy Computers
www.elephantboycomputers.com
Old September 16th 07, 03:04 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.print_fax_scan
nweissma

one answer, for me anyway, is Control Panel | Printers | (click the printer
icon to highlight it) | horizontal ribbon menu, along the top, includes the
button "see what's printing" -- click this and delete the print job

second answer is that the printer's driver may include this option: right-
(or left-) click the printer's icon in the notification tray. the queue
listing may be there.

--
32-Vista Home Premium
Intel DG965RY Motherboard