Email and Windows Vista All issues relating to email and email software using Windows Vista. (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)

Post New Thread
Threads in Forum : Email and Windows Vista Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
Windows mail and MSN mail account.... by wheresjerry
Hi, I am using RC2 and would like to set up Windows Mail to check my MSN mail account and AOL account, but come up with the Explorer screen saying that I can not set up account...anybody have an idea on how it is done,or a work around. I used Desktop Live Beta for mail, but it had a problem with mailing a letter that just could not seem to be sent, and after reinstalling it, the same...
October 19th 06 08:33 PM
by wheresjerry Go to last post
2 584
MSN pop3 access blocked in Vista Beta 2? by ebacon
That is very obvious! "Frank Saunders, MS-MVP OE/WM" wrote: "jg3arrow" wrote in message ... Sorry if I am repeating known problems. But since installing Vista Beta 5384 on 7/29/06, Microsoft Outlook no longer will send or receive POP3 mail. If you try to go into "Accounts" and...
October 20th 06 01:50 AM
by ebacon Go to last post
0 612
MSN POP3 email by ebacon
I too am unable to get my account to work in RC1. my other pop accounts work fine however. HAs anyone heard of a fix yet?? "dotcom" wrote: No one has been able to get POP3 MSN accounts to work in Vista. I don't have Office 2007 but I've heard from others that it doesn't work in that version of Outlook either. Looks like there is a possibility that MS will not...
October 20th 06 02:48 AM
by dotcom Go to last post
1 558
test by Jane C
Yes it is ;-) -- Jane, not plain ;) 64 bit enabled :) Batteries not included. Braincell on vacation :-) "Jeff" wrote in message ... just a teset-my windows mail isnt posting
October 20th 06 06:52 AM
by Jeff Go to last post
1 617
Mail Phishing feature by Peter M
LOL ... half the time it gives me the phish warning from microsoft's newsletter.
October 20th 06 03:47 PM
by Peter M Go to last post
2 599
import emil from XP by Rich Baier
I'm having no success importing my messages from XP to Vista's Windows Live Mail. I try to import, select folders, and they seem to copy...but don't display at all. A new folder appears at the bottom of the pane that's labelled as imported, but that folder is empty. Is there a trick to this I'm missing? Vista is running as a dual boot system. The old C: drive has XP. I can't use import...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
October 21st 06 05:04 AM
by Rich Baier Go to last post
10 925
Why Can't I save or open attachments???!!!! by ROLL-Framingham
All settings are checked. When I try Save As -- "Command Can't Be Executed." results
October 22nd 06 12:52 AM
by ROLL-Framingham Go to last post
0 528
How do I reinstall Windows Mail? by ROLL-Framingham
Is there a way to reinstall this program?
October 22nd 06 06:21 AM
by Frank Saunders, MS-MVP OE/WM Go to last post
2 537
error by michael frederiksen
cant delete mails then is empty, logs sayes error to delete? strange message
October 22nd 06 06:30 AM
by Frank Saunders, MS-MVP OE/WM Go to last post
1 693
Windows Mail In Vista rc2, IMAP Timeout Problem by Jiriteach
Has anyone come across this problem? Kinda of a weird problem. I use Windows Mail to access 2 IMAP accounts. They are set to check for new mail every 2 minutes. This works great and I can leave the client open for hours and whenever there is new mail I will recieve a notification. However, if I try and access that mail or access another mail it will just sit for ages and eventually timeout.
October 22nd 06 07:16 PM
by Jiriteach Go to last post
0 465
Where is the Windows Calendar data store? by Brian Bradley
Where can I find the Windows Calendar data store? Can I somehow move the data store to my User folder? Thanks, Brian
October 23rd 06 12:38 AM
by Brian Bradley Go to last post
0 344
How do I ensure I have Administrator Permissions? HEEEELP! by ROLL-Framingham
My user is defined as Administrator. But I can't view attachments in Windows Mail or Save them or download programs. It's saying I need "Administror Permission" but I am the Administrator. This is Vist aRC1. Any idea?
October 24th 06 04:07 AM
by Spirefm Go to last post
1 438
Can't Open Attachments by ROLL-Framingham
Vista RC1 Can't open or save attachments in Window's Mail. (The box in Securtity Settings is Unchecked).
October 24th 06 12:45 PM
by Steve Cochran Go to last post
3 417
IMap Filtering. by Onno
Hello, IMAP incoming mail filtering isn't implemented in Windows Mail. Does anyone know if this is a feature that will be added later on, or was omitted on purpose (exclusive use for Office's Outlook, or something?). With regards, Onno
October 24th 06 12:46 PM
by Steve Cochran Go to last post
8 450
Secure? by Ed Sutherland
First, I prefer the simplicity of Mail over Outlook, as well as the layout. However, since it is the successor to OE, I guess I need some assurance Mail is more secure. Is Mail an improvement over OE, or should I bite the bullet and install Outlook? Thanks. Ed
October 24th 06 12:51 PM
by Steve Cochran Go to last post
4 472
MSN pop3 access blocked in Vista Beta 2? by ebacon
OUCH!!! that burns!!! - but as much as i hate to admit it your comments are accurate. I too have the same isue and shudder at the idea of connecting via http "deansdad" wrote: mk; "in fact"............... you really don't have a clue about that which you pontificate upon.
October 25th 06 01:49 AM
by Adam Wall Go to last post
1 507
Removing Duplicate Emails from Imported Messages by BoBoBo
Hello. I have imported messages from my Outlook Express 6 backup. There are duplicates of each email in all folders. What is the best way to remove these duplicates besides doing it manually? I have searched for some software, like products from MAPILAB; however they don't provide any software for Windows Mail. Any suggestions on software or scripts that may remove these duplicates are
October 25th 06 10:08 AM
by Steve Cochran Go to last post
5 286
CANNOT SEND OR RECEIVE EMAIL FROM ROAD RUNNER by dmorg
"DEWKIMBI" wrote: CAN ANYBODY TELL ME HOW TO GET MY EMAIL WORKING THROUGH ROAD RUNNER I CAN'T EVEN GET ON THE WEB MAIL PAGE.EVERYTHING ELSE WORKS FINEBUT IF i TRY TO GO TO MY WEB MAIL AS SOON AS I PUT IN MY USER NAME AND PASSWORD THAT PARTICULAR PAGE STARTS CLICKING REPEATEDLY AND THEN THE PAGE FREEZES.IF I TRY TO GET MY EMAIL FROM OUTLOOK THE USER NAME AND PASSWORD DIALOG BOX JUST...
October 26th 06 06:36 PM
by dmorg Go to last post
0 212
Newsgroups by Gus Noon
the only newsgroups I can download are microsoft .public ones and i cant figure out why all the other groups are not downloading I have the same settings on xp and it works fine any1 help pls ty
October 26th 06 11:02 PM
by Jim Pickering Go to last post
1 209
How to bulk load Windows Mail Blacklist by Sailfish
I've got a large blacklist that I've accumulated using another email program and would like to add it to my Windows Mail blacklist. The standard interface only allows for one entry per add, is there a way to bulk load a blacklist?
October 27th 06 09:05 AM
by Steve Cochran Go to last post

From The