Threads in Forum : General Vista Help and Support Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
New by Travis King
When I right click in an explorer window and go to new, the only thing that shows up is 'Folder'. What happened to shortcut, and all the program file templates? I still can get them if I right click and go to 'new' on the desktop. I'm using build 5536. Thanks.
August 31st 06 08:48 PM
by Beck Go to last post
5 526
Sound Problem by JCS
I can't listen to music on vista because it skips even if i am not doing anything, what can i do ? I have a Via KT800-neo series board from msi with a ALC655 realtek audio chip, AMD 3000+, 512 Mb ram , 160Gb maxtor sata
August 31st 06 08:52 PM
by JCS Go to last post
0 303
UAC by Steve Drake
All, I am all for UAC, but..... i think in real life it may not work that well. I have just installed Vista 5536, I thought I would give UAC anohter go, its a lot better than prevoius builds. I then installed MS Money, I installed but it would not open my Money File, so... i played abit, i turned off UAC, it still did not work, to get it to open my money file i had to create a new file, let...
August 31st 06 10:07 PM
by Jimmy Brush Go to last post
1 444
Help please...which anti-virus works with build 5536..? by Frank
Does anybody know which, if any, anti-virus software works with Vista build 5536? THX Frank
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
August 31st 06 10:08 PM
by Bill Condie Go to last post
10 516
something about the sound of pre-RC1 by Presley LIN
it's quite a amazing experince for using the pre-RC1, but why does the windows sound still like XP? or is there something wrong with the version i downloaded?
August 31st 06 10:08 PM
by Leadfoot Go to last post
9 349
command line with no UAC interferance? by senrabdet
Sorry...I tried that and had problems, and so was asking about Compatibility....can you help? Everything seems to work as suggested until I click on the "advanced" button off of the "Shortcut Tab"....all I get is one check box "Run with Different Creditials" which doesn't seem to do anything and a grayed out check box for "run in separate memory space". I don't get a choice for "Run As...
August 31st 06 10:19 PM
by Jimmy Brush Go to last post
3 376
Second Printer success! by MICHAEL
Finally! I'm so happy. I have two printers in my house. One is rather new, it is downstairs I had no problem connecting to it via my network. My home network is wireless, although, I have two computers wired to the router and two computers connected by wireless. I have my old HP OfficeJet K-80, upstairs. I've had it since 2001 but it still works great, one of those "all-in-one" deals. I...
August 31st 06 10:24 PM
by Jimmy Brush Go to last post
2 394
Product Key required by rosco
I want to trial vista beta2 build 5384 - but the product key I have has been used 10 times - that is the limt number for each key - Microsoft advise me they can't generate more at this time - suggested I grab one off anyone who is not going to use theirs 10 times - so is there anyone willing to give me 1 of the 10 Product key regos. If so I would appreciate it -- roscoerp
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
August 31st 06 10:27 PM
by rosco Go to last post
15 404
sloooooooooow shutdown by Paula
Anyone else having very slow shutdown and/or restart issues? Paula
August 31st 06 10:34 PM
by Go to last post
6 251
Sierra MasterCook Error by Dennis Longnecker
After installing Vista Beta 2 on my computer, I find MasterCook produces and error and won't run: Mastercook.exe Entry Point Not Found The procedure entry point ??_V@YAXPAX@A could not be located in the dynamic link library msvcrt.dll Any thoughts?
August 31st 06 10:41 PM
by Dennis Longnecker Go to last post
2 329
Future Upgrade ?s by ctellis156
I purchased the ccp edition from msft and recieved on dvd and have been using it for a few weeks now and i have to say im enjoying it. But my question is that now that ive missed this pre rc1 release because i only have dial up and the download time would be insane, will the release of rc1 be available on the dvd like the edition that i have? Also will i be able to recieve this for free...
August 31st 06 10:54 PM
by ctellis156 Go to last post
4 466
The strange logic of drivers in Vista by Scott
I downloaded and installed the Public Beta. And yesterday (29 August), I downloaded and installed Pre-RC1. There have been a number of noticeable improvements in pre-RC1. Namely speed. Although individual Windows (be they programs or Explorer windows) still mysteriously freeze up on occasion, but not as much this time around. But I digress... To my utter surprise...
August 31st 06 10:54 PM
by Scott Go to last post
6 508
5536 and nvidia graphics driver by nightowl
has any one been able to get the beta 2 driver to install on 5536.. it keeps crashing my system..
August 31st 06 11:25 PM
by sickpuppy Go to last post
8 450
I didn't get a Vista Build 5536 e-mail. Please help. by TheNoname
I never recieved an email for Vista Build 5536. Was I taken out of the Beta program or something? The only email I have recieved was for Vista Build 5384. I found the link to download 5536, but now it is saying it is full. Has this happened to anyone else?
August 31st 06 11:26 PM
by Jane C Go to last post
5 307
proper way to burn to disk by danbrown
I downloaded the pre RC1 version and need to burn it to a DVD but am not sure exactly how to do it. I know that I have to burn it at a slow rate but the software I have only gives me options down to 2.5X . What is a good DVD burning software to use with the HP 630e burner. When I went to the device manager it says that it should burn at 1X but I cant get nero to give me that option. The second...
August 31st 06 11:31 PM
by danbrown Go to last post
5 448
I'm confused about how graphics memory is reported. by D. Rogers
Does Vista allocate extra system resources to graphics or something? I have an ATI Radeon Xpress 200M card in my laptop and it has 128MB of dedicated memory. I have the option of turning on an additional 128MB of shared memory from my Bios setup screen which I have done. I should only have a total of 256MB available graphics memory. The driver is the default that Vista installed. Vista...
August 31st 06 11:55 PM
by wgd Go to last post
3 266
Downloaded RC 5536 - Question? by Jack Barrett
Do I have to burn the file to a DVD or can it be burned to a CD? I Read somewhere before I downloaded that they suggested this. I also notice the file name ends with DVD. Many Thanks, jack....new to Beta testing and VERY excited to be part of the group!
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
September 1st 06 12:13 AM
by danbrown Go to last post
11 675
Search for files and folders doesn't find system files by Will Schuitman
I was lookiong for a system to fix a problem I have. In folder uptions I changed the setting to show hidden files and folders and unchecked the hide protected system files item. Then I typed the name of the file into search and could not find however the file is on my system because I could find it manually. Am I doing something wrong or is this a bug ??? and if it is a bug has it been fixed...
September 1st 06 12:22 AM
by Rick \Nutcase\ Rogers Go to last post
1 262
Activation no longer working by Pharaoh04
I ordered the Beta 2 DVD and have had it installed for about a month. Windows asked me to activate almost every day and activated successfully up until recently. No every couple of days it tells me that my key is already in use. After a day or two when I try again it activates fine. I talked to MS support and they just told me to search this site. I have not found a solution to this...
September 1st 06 12:47 AM
by Pharaoh04 Go to last post
0 231
Bitmaps by Travis King
Is it just me or are they (Microsoft) using the old Windows 98 icon for bitmap images? (Build 5536)
September 1st 06 01:18 AM
by Travis King Go to last post

From The