Threads in Forum : General Vista Help and Support Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
5536 2.58 gigs but only 14kb text file by QuickCheese
I downloaded (from Microsoft) build 5536 last night (at 3mb's down. NICE). Anyhow, it downloaded as a *.rar file which I thought was odd since my 5472 build was just an iso. When I used winrar to open the file, the ONLY thing it had in it was a 14kb text file. I'm somewhat miffed that I spent 3 hrs downloading a 2.58gb file, open it and only find a 14kb text file. Does anyone know...
August 30th 06 10:34 PM
by Jimmy Brush Go to last post
2 416
Lost CD-Key !!! by Scott
"Gil Rozenberg" Gil wrote in message ... Two months ago, I downloaded the official Vista Beta 2 (Both 32 & 64 Bit addition) from Microsoft website. Pre the download I received an email from Microsoft which probably including the required CD-Key's. I lost that email! I own a Microsoft Live...
August 30th 06 10:48 PM
by Scott Go to last post
0 426
Lost CD-Key !!! by Scott
"Gil Rozenberg" Gil wrote in message ... Two months ago, I downloaded the official Vista Beta 2 (Both 32 & 64 Bit addition) from Microsoft website. Pre the download I received an email from Microsoft which probably including the required CD-Key's. I lost that email! I own a Microsoft Live...
August 30th 06 10:48 PM
by Scott Go to last post
0 456
Lost CD-Key !!! by Scott
"Gil Rozenberg" Gil wrote in message ... Two months ago, I downloaded the official Vista Beta 2 (Both 32 & 64 Bit addition) from Microsoft website. Pre the download I received an email from Microsoft which probably including the required CD-Key's. I lost that email! I own a Microsoft Live...
August 30th 06 10:51 PM
by Scott Go to last post
0 428
Lost CD-Key !!! by Scott
"Gil Rozenberg" Gil wrote in message ... Two months ago, I downloaded the official Vista Beta 2 (Both 32 & 64 Bit addition) from Microsoft website. Pre the download I received an email from Microsoft which probably including the required CD-Key's. I lost that email! I own a Microsoft Live...
August 30th 06 10:54 PM
by Scott Go to last post
0 500
Lost CD-Key !!! by Scott
Sorry for the dupe posts. I kept getting error messages. That's becuase I was trying to post to the group and email the author. But he doesn't have a valid email address. Windows Mail doesn't make that obvious. But then, it is a descendant of Outlook Express....
August 30th 06 10:55 PM
by Scott Go to last post
0 435
No Internet with microsoft wired router....Vista 5536 Pre(RC1)...Help by Barry Trousdale
I made a strait connection from the Bellsouth modem and the internet works fine. For some strange reason when I try to go through my Microsoft wired router I get no internet connection. My other computer appears on the network and I can transfer files to and from it, and it has internet while running XP. Don't know why Vista 5536 Pre(RC1) can't see the internet through the router ???
August 30th 06 11:00 PM
by Matt Go to last post
2 407
STOP 0x0000001A during installation of 5536 by rogerlebo
Hi! Vista Build 5384 works fine since the beginning of August on my PC. I did a Clean install. But, I have some bugs with USB, sleep mode and, once a day, I get BSOD. So, I decide to download 5536. I check the CRC and it is OK. Tests 1 :
August 30th 06 11:06 PM
by rogerlebo Go to last post
4 395
5536 - came in *.rar at 2.58gb's but only had a 14kb text file by QuickCheese
Downloaded this from microsoft's website. The file is 2.58gigs and came in an *.rar file. When opened, it only contained a 14kb text file which seemed meaningless. Can anyone help? Has anyone experienced this same problem? QuickCheese -- "Though my soul may sit in darkness, it will rise in perfect light. I have loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night." ~ Sarah Williams
August 30th 06 11:50 PM
by I remember cp/m do you? Go to last post
1 384
Windows Vista pre-RC1, English 32-Bit Edition by Lee Chamberlain
I am using my neighbours high speed internet Use this link to download using the Download Manager (recommended): .. Windows Vista pre-RC1, English 32-Bit Edition When I try the download manager, IE closes down. When I try and download the file
August 31st 06 12:05 AM
by Go to last post
4 409
Is 5536 pre-RC1 for Cpp customers? by Sam Steinhauser
I downloaded the file, attempted to do a fresh install, was prompted for a product key and my CPP key wouldn't work so I attempted to run it without a key and it failed copying files with an error of missing files. I re-installed my CPP copy and did an upgrade and all works very well. I have read since then that this pre-RC1 was only for Tech-Net subscribers. I'm not a subscriber so should I...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
August 31st 06 12:16 AM
by Colin Barnhorst Go to last post
10 588
Reporting tool by Paula
I used the beta client and the file transfer tool to send a bug report but I couldn't find where it is to allow the bug report to be made public. Please advise. TIA Paula
August 31st 06 12:17 AM
by Paula Go to last post
4 387
Pre-rc1 launching iso file by dr_oracles
Hi, I was one of the 100,000 persons to download the iso file yesterday. But I had to leave to go to work so I I shut down my computer. Now today when I try to open the file the computer does not know what to do with it. How do I install this iso file to complete installing Windows Vista RC1? Thanks for any help, CK
August 31st 06 12:18 AM
by dr_oracles Go to last post
0 364
5536 *.rar 2.58gb file turned into 14kb text file. by QuickCheese
Downloaded this from microsoft's website. The file is 2.58gigs and came in an *.rar file. When opened, it only contained a 14kb text file which seemed meaningless. Can anyone help? Has anyone experienced this same problem? QuickCheese -- "Though my soul may sit in darkness, it will rise in perfect light. I have loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night." ~ Sarah Williams
August 31st 06 12:23 AM
by Go to last post
5 410
Hauppauge TV-PVR-250 by cdv
Having problems with getting the Hauppauge Win TV-PVR-250 working on Vista RC1. Installed all the components it scans all the channels but just shows a static hauppauge spalsh screen in the TV viewer regardless of what station it is set to. I think it might be a decoder issue. Has anyone else had this problem and has subsequently resolved it? Thanks in advance for any assistance.
August 31st 06 12:35 AM
by cdv Go to last post
0 378
RC1 by xp noob
hi, where do i get the Rc1 or pre rc1, i'm a beta tester as of now, running on vist beta 2 64 bit and 32 bit
August 31st 06 12:41 AM
by xp noob Go to last post
0 585
Vista RC1 iso file by dr_oracles
Hi, I was one of the 100,000 persons to download the iso file yesterday. But I had to leave to go to work so I I shut down my computer. Now today when I try to open the file the computer does not know what to do with it. How do I install this iso file to complete installing Windows Vista RC1? Thanks for any help, CK
August 31st 06 12:44 AM
by Beck Go to last post
4 397
Virtualized registry by David Wilkinson
When an application tries to write to forbidden parts of the registry, where are the virtualized registry entries located? I know where the VistualStore for folders is, but what about the registry entries? David Wilkinson
August 31st 06 12:47 AM
by David Wilkinson Go to last post
2 379
Nero 7 and 5536? by William
Does anyone know if Nero 7 can be installed in Vista 5536? William
August 31st 06 12:54 AM
by William Go to last post
4 369
Pre-rc1 launching iso file by dr_oracles
Hi, I was one of the 100,000 persons to download the iso file yesterday. But I had to leave to go to work so I I shut down my computer. Now today when I try to open the file the computer does not know what to do with it. How do I install this iso file to complete installing Windows Vista RC1? Thanks for any help, CK
August 31st 06 12:56 AM
by William Go to last post

From The