Hard Drive Parking by Shirley Daugherty
I have been using Windows XP since day one. I have never had this condition using XP. I installed Vista over the weekend and when the system reboots for driver installs ect. the hard drive heads return to the parked position. You can hear it distinctly. It only happens when using Vista and not XP. I installed Vista to get an idea of what hardware and software I would need to replace in order to...
June 7th 07 05:20 AM
by Rock Go to last post
1 179
graphics accelerator by shirl
I have windows vista(emachine). Some games i can download and they will not play. It tells me i need to download the intel graphics accelerator. problem is when i download it, it will not install because it says it is not a valid driver for my system and that i should get it from the company i bought it from. But it still won't download it says the same thing. Does anyone know what i can...
February 3rd 08 05:10 PM
by shirl Go to last post
4 144
Flash Memory by Shirish Gulawani
I am using a Campaq V3033AU Notebook. It is AMD Turion 64X2, 100GB, 2GB.NVidia Go6150. I have a Card Reader in the notebook. If I permanently keep an SD Card (Sandisk Extreme IV 2GB SDCFRX42048902) in the Card Reader Will Vista Home Basic use it as Flash memory and is the Card fast enough to be used instead of Hard Disk Page File? Shall 2GB be enough or should I use 4GB?
November 12th 07 10:48 PM
by Dustin Harper Go to last post
1 140
Procesor upgrade on Vista P4 to P4 h.t by Shion
Hello I have windows vista bussines on my P.C whitch intel P4 processor. I´m upgrade the processor to P4 H.T . Is necesary reinstall o repair windows vista? Tanks. ----------------
February 16th 07 04:19 AM
by BSchnur Go to last post
4 285
I need help! by Shinlow
The pad thing that we use finger to move the mouse around, normally we can tap it so that it's like clicking witht the left click right? I don't know why but it doesn't work for me anymore. I can only move the mouse with the pad, but when tap it doesn't work anymore. Can Anyone help me to turn it on again? Thank YOu
January 27th 08 12:20 PM
by Rick Rogers Go to last post
1 112
usb mass storage device problem by shimmershine
i had a friend "mount" (correct term?) the harddrive from my old laptop(compaq presario, circa 2003) and it is now repurposed as a USB mass storage device. it contains all of my important files from my old laptop.i have not plugged it in about 9 months. i just plugged it into my new dell inspiron laptop. device manager says "device functioning properly." i also have plug in/out sounds and a...
April 2nd 08 07:11 PM
by shimmershine Go to last post
0 164
Not able to receive pictures from bluetooth device by Shilps[_2_]
Hi, I am able to send pictures from my laptop to my phone through bluetooth, however I am not able to receive any. What could possibly be the reason? Its Vista OS. Dell 6400 laptop and phone is Nokia 6681. Its passkey enabled, but while sending the pictures from the laptop, I do not select that checkbox, but still there is no problem in sending the pictures.
August 18th 07 05:06 AM
by Shilps[_2_] Go to last post
0 118
Not able to hear anything by Shilps
Hi, I am facing a unique problem. Although I am able to hear everything playing on my laptop( Dell Inspiron 1525), but I just do not hear anything during voice chat. Neither on Yahoo nor on Gtalk. I am very much able to hear Yahoo Radio though. Any clue? Thanks Shilps
May 4th 08 03:47 AM
by Shilps Go to last post
2 118
Help ! Can't hear anything by Shilps
I am not able to hear anything while doing voice chat through yahoo or Gtalk .. Neither through headset nor through system speakers, though I can hear yahoo radio, the BUZZ sound and everything else. What is wrong here? TIA Shilps
May 10th 08 07:55 AM
by Problem with program Go to last post
1 170
System is not detecting Mic by Shilps
am not sure if anyone else has faced this problem before, but I first faced it with Dell Inspiron 6400 and now I am facing it AGAIN with Inspiron 1520 ..The problem is that system starts working fine, but after some time it stops detecting headset mic on a random basis and then completely stops detecting it. With Inspiron 6400( Os Vista Home Basic), when it randomly stopped detecting the...
February 26th 08 08:44 AM
by Shilps Go to last post
1 130
Can't Sync: Windows Mobile Device Center Beta 3 by Shijaz Abdulla [MVP]
Hi, I'm using Windows Vista RTM & Windows Mobile Device Center Beta 3. I got a new i-teq X-BOND (Windows Mobile 5.0, ROM v1.12.24) and set up a sync partnership with WMDC. It never sync'd even once. All I get is the following error: On the device: ActiveSync encountered an error on the desktop. Support Code: 0x85010014
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
July 2nd 07 02:30 AM
by Eileen Go to last post
16 236
Shuttle PN18 Driver Issues by Shibby
Morning All, I have downloaded the drivers for the PN18 Wireless card from shuttle. These drivers install fine and i am able to see different networks when installed...but when you try and connect to them bang the card drops out. I have used some otehr driver from Zylas( the maker of the card ) and can connect so i know its not the card.
March 18th 07 06:36 AM
by Shibby Go to last post
4 149
My VIA OHCI 1394 IEEE Host Controller by Shiann
After running a diagnostic test it showed alert for my OHCI 1394 Host Controller that won't start. And has yellow sign next to it in Device Manager. I understand this controller was intergraded into the system by Microsoft. I went onto Microsoft's fix it site to have problem analyzied and they indicated a driver problemm with it and did a reinstall. It worked temporarily. But the...
April 21st 10 07:29 PM
by Shiann Go to last post
4 643
My VIA OHCI 1394 IEEE Host Controller by Shiann
After running a diagnostic test it showed alert for my OHCI 1394 Host Controller that won't start. And has yellow sign next to it in Device Manager. I understand this controller was intergraded into the system by Microsoft. I went onto Microsoft's fix it site to have problem analyzied and they indicated a driver problemm with it and did a reinstall. It worked temporarily. But the...
April 20th 10 09:03 PM
by Shiann Go to last post
0 492
narrator by sherylnick
I can't figure out how to get rid of the narrator on my computer when i first start it up. It is driving me crazy ...i want it off my computer and i don't remember how i got it on there in the first place. Please help me!
June 28th 08 04:01 AM
by Tom Go to last post
3 165
Hp scanner won't work on vista by Sheryl
I just bought the HP photosmart C5280 All in one printer and it works great except for printing documents using the software that came with the printer. I don't think the software is defective because I installed it on my XP computer so see what would happen and it works fine but when I try and scan a document on my Vista computer, I get a Windows error message saying hpqsnvw has stopped...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
September 9th 08 04:28 PM
by cnicely[_2_] Go to last post
10 395
no disk-exception processing message 0xc0000013 by Sheryl
All of a sudden, every time I open either my DVD drive or my DVRW drive to remove a CD or DVD, I get an error saying no disk and "exception processing message 0xc0000013 parameters 0x759f023c 0x87f51935 0x759f023c 0x759f023c." I believe the only two things I did before this started happening was to update Itunes/Quicktime and update Corel PSP X2. The drives both seem to work ok so I'm not sure...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
January 10th 10 05:45 AM
by drteo66 Go to last post
11 420
Keep losing my sound by Sheryl
I bought a new Dell Dimension E521 computer about 2 weeks ago with Vista Home Premium on it. The sound card is on board and is a Sigma Tel High Definition Audio Codec. (Well that's what it says on my speaker icon.) A few days after using the computer, I noticed I lost my sound so I called Dell tech and I don't think they found anything wrong. After being on the phone with them for quite some...
March 23rd 07 10:09 PM
by Don Go to last post
9 132
How do I restore my trash can on to my desktop? I have vista...... by Sherry
Home premium I guess. I just bought it recently and the trash can got deleted by accident of the desktop. Siomething that hasn't before happened on the other versions of windows. I tryed looking in c:windows but can't find it. Any help will be really appreciate so If one knows how I can fix this please let me know because I really don't want to have to do pc recovery and loose everything....
December 20th 07 08:59 PM
by brink[_2428_] Go to last post
5 138
Windows Mobile Device Center doesn't connect with Sprint PPC-6700 by Sherry
I have spent time talking with Sprint about why the Vista desktop doesn't connect with my phone (PPC-6700). I have installed and uninstalled and reinstalled Windows Mobile Device Center which I downloaded on 2/18/08 so I assume it is not downlevel. When I connect the phone and open WMDC, I just get NOT Connected. Anyone have this phone working on Vista? Any clues or things to test? Many...
February 20th 08 04:58 AM
by Cari \(MS-MVP\) Go to last post

From The