Sony DRU-820A DVD can't quite work. by shay
I've had some problems with this DVD Burner on Windows XP already, I discovered that in XP if I went in and lowered the DMA setting on that particular drive from the fastest to some other setting that it'd work pretty well. In Vista, I'm not able to find where I can set this. Any suggestions? (My motherboard is an NF8-V running the NFORCE 3 drivers for the X386
September 2nd 07 04:20 AM
by [email protected] Go to last post
1 108
external hard drive by shawsie
hi i bought a laptop with vista but some of my devices still do not have a compatiable program. i was thinking about buying a external hard drive and putting my old xp on it? could this be done and run ok. the external drive would have to run through my vista laptop
November 24th 07 10:59 PM
by Carey Frisch [MVP] Go to last post
1 95
Safely Remove Hardware Shows C Drive by ShawnVH1
I just noticed my Vista machine that the Safely Remove Hardware icon is in the system tray. What I'm perplexed by and a little worried about is that there are 2 items in the tray that can be removed. One is the C/D Drive of the computer and the other is the DVD/RW drive of the computer. I don't think that this has always been there but I could be wrong. I have children and would hate for...
March 8th 08 02:37 PM
by ShawnVH1 Go to last post
2 210
ide cd drive not being auto detected by shawngoldw
Hey, I have vista ultimate x64. I had an ide drive that was working perfectly, then i bought a sata dvd drive. Now Vista recognizes my sata drive but does not auto detect my ide drive anymore. I can scan for new hardware in device manager and it finds the ide and it starts working properly, but as soon as I restart its gone again. How can I get vista to see my ide drive on its own? Thanks,...
February 16th 08 04:01 AM
by shawngoldw Go to last post
2 127
Hello, i need some tech help on Graphic cards by Shawn4455
i need help on a huge problem here. I recently got a geforce 9600 gt verto PNY And when i installed it i did this Went into the hardware uninstalled my on board graphics drivers. Shut down my computer then loaded the new card in. Put the installation disk in downloaded the drivers FROM the disk and it required a restart. This is where the fun begins Now i cannot boot my computer at all it gives...
December 25th 08 10:07 PM
by Curious[_5_] Go to last post
2 158
Windows Vista Ultimate Corporate Edition by Shawn
I plan on making a purchase for an organization. My biggest question, and I'm sure the same for others: Can you customize Vista Ultimate to have features and functionality of the Business edition, or any other editions for that matter? Shawn
March 13th 07 09:56 PM
by Robert Moir Go to last post
6 142
My nvidia nforce networking controller driver can't load by shawn
Recently, i've upgraded from windows xp to windows vista and installed all of the required drivers of my hardwares for windows vista. Everything is working fine except for my nvidia nforce networking controller. I've already downloaded the newest release for this driver and i'm sure that it's the correct version for my vista 32-bit. The LAN adapter of my laptop isn't malfunction and i`m sure...
February 18th 09 10:26 PM
by ardwyn75[_2_] Go to last post
8 277
ntsc on a nvidia geforce4 mx 4000 in vista by shawn
i have a nvidia geforce4 mx 4000 video card, i cant figure out how to change the tv output on it to ntsc so i can see it on the tv, it worked just fine with xp, it used the software from nvida to do so, but when i installed vista there wasnt any software avilable for it, but vista reconizes it as a gforce4 mx 4000, i can turn on the tv, but its black and white and moves down the screen with...
August 5th 07 11:03 PM
by Cal Bear '66 Go to last post
1 113
Typing issues? by Shawn
Hi there. I hope to find an answer to my problem. I have installed Windows Vista Home Premium on my Gateway laptop recently and all seems to be working well so far except I have problems typing. No matter what program I use, AOL, Yahoo Messenger, Windows Live Messenger, etc., the cursor would move on me to wherever the mouse pointer is sitting on the screen and act like I left-cilicked...
February 23rd 07 06:31 PM
by Shawn Go to last post
2 198
DVD drive no longer working by Shaw
My DVD drive stopped working after I installed a Windows update for my laptop running Windows Vista Home Premium. I checked Device Manager and the driver is no longer there. I tried to restore my computer but I got the blue screen when restarting and starup repair was unable to fix it. So I restored it to an even earlier point so that my computer could boot. However my DVD drive still...
July 5th 07 05:42 PM
by freddy Go to last post
2 101
Error Occurred (0) at startup by shaunl
I am running a Dell Dimension 9200 with Vista Home Edition. A few days ago we had a power failure. When I rebooted the computer it came up with a message at the early stages of rebooting saying 'Error Occurred (0)' in red for one of the disk drives. The other one is fine. It goes on to load windows, and I can get into Vista and run most programs, but it does not run IE7, I cannot get any...
May 5th 08 01:13 PM
by shaunl Go to last post
0 154
Sidewinder Force Feedback 2 by Shaun A. Gupta
Hey all, Going to be building a new computer soon with Vista. Was wondering if the old Sidewinder Force Feedback 2 will work (with Force Feedback support of course) or if I'm going to have to upgrade sticks to something with Vista support. Thanks!
August 28th 07 05:12 AM
by ThoR294 Go to last post
7 150
DVD RW / CD drive wont read anything by shaun
Hi, Hope someone can help. I have an Advent 7113 laptop and the DVD / CD drive has stopped reading anything. I have no evidence in device manager that there is a problem (i.e. no symbols) and the drive also seems to be making noises when trying to read. Is there a software issue or update that I can download . . . please help!!! Many thanks for any replies.
March 19th 08 01:53 PM
by Malke[_2_] Go to last post
1 200
Device manager - "class not registered" by Shaun
I am running Vista Home Premium upgrade from Dell. When I try to open the device manager, I simply get an error message that says "class not registered" and then nothing happens. Any advice? Thanks.
April 6th 07 09:16 PM
by Shaun Go to last post
0 148
Hard drives not recognized anymore by shattered00
I have 4 HDs total. A WD Raptor 74gb, 2x WD raptor 150gb, and a WD Caviar SE 320gb. I uninstalled both the chipset and display drivers from Nvidia, and then booted in safe mode to use Driver Sweeper to remove any remnants. Upon reinstalling both drivers, my 2 150gb HDs which are in RAID 0 are not showing up at all. During the BIOS boot, it shows the RAID array as healthy. In the BIOS, no...
November 10th 07 02:58 PM
by Tom Ferguson Go to last post
2 105
"Run as..." Error for HP All-in-One by Shattered Haze
I just bought a new Acer desktop that came with the Windows Vista OS. I have had a few problems installing my old programs on this system, but, for the most part, I have managed to work my way around these issues with the help of updates, drivers, and patches. However, I am having a problem with installing my HP Deskjet F335 All-in-One. When I first tried to install the software, it came...
April 25th 07 02:57 AM
by R. C. White, MVP Go to last post
3 138
Download and install the driver for Sony Ericsson W850 USB Modem by sHAsHiLx
When I connect my SonyEricsson W850 phone to computer Vista try to install drivers automatically and didn't find drivers.. Then it tell's me that found solution: This problem was caused by Sony Ericsson W850 USB Modem. Sony Ericsson W850 USB Modem was created by Sony Ericsson Mobile Communications AB. A solution is available that will solve this problem. Solution
September 28th 07 02:17 PM
by Carey Frisch [MVP] Go to last post
3 137
Driver update by Sharyn Mitchell
I am using a HP Pavillion dv6000 with Windows Vista home premium. I am trying to install the driver Mobile Intel 945gm Express Chipset Family Driver. After three times I am at a loss as to what to do next. I keep getting the message that it didn't install and I wonder if anyone else has had this problem. Sharyn Mitchell -- Sharyn
May 28th 07 10:05 PM
by freddy Go to last post
2 133
monitor goes blank by sharon leigh
i noticed that every 30 minutes or so when i am playing media player radio stations and solitaire that my screen goes blank for a few seconds and then comes back on. what could this mean? any help would be appreciated.
October 23rd 07 08:01 PM
by sharon leigh Go to last post
0 86
Hidden folders taking up my hard drive space? by Sharkty
Please help (or point me in the right direction). I've noticed most of my hard drive is full. http://i36.tinypic.com/2888rqu.jpg] There's no way I have that much on it. So I've had an explore and noticed this;
November 27th 08 07:13 PM
by Gordon[_5_] Go to last post

From The