problems with external display by shadowxclone
I have a brand-new LG 32" 1080p LCD TV, and a Dell laptop with Windows x64 Home Premium. My laptop has an HDMI out port, and I just got an HDMI cable today, so I figured hey why not let's hook the computer up to the TV. It does work, but when I set it to display only on the TV, the image is stretched out as though it is too big for the screen. The display settings on the laptop are set to...
May 19th 09 06:32 PM
by Curious[_4_] Go to last post
8 524
Scroll Wheel Desktop Icon Size Problem by Shadowman
Just wondering if anyone else has experienced this. I'm running Vista Ultimate 32-bit. You know how you can resize the desktop icons by holding down control and using the scroll wheel? I'm experiencing an issue whe 1. I leave the computer idle for at least 20 minutes or longer, until the monitor turns off. During this time I may or may not have browser or other windows open --...
January 3rd 08 05:01 PM
by blynn1 Go to last post
1 107
linksys wireless-g usb network adaptor by Shadowdragon1972
Im Having a even getting connected to DNS with my Linksys WRT54G V 5.0 it really seems odd that a Cisco Company would not have drivers yet, I did a live chat last night with one of thier techs and she didn't even seem to know what vista even was. If anyone finds a work around or anything plese let me know Thanks "Andrew Loh" wrote: i think they have to do the drivers at least for recent...
September 23rd 06 04:50 PM
by Shadowdragon1972 Go to last post
0 157
Vista Not responds when netwurk unplugged by shadowcodes
hello friends, recently i found that my pc doest respond when network cable is unplugged..please some1 help me in this regard.
June 23rd 07 07:26 AM
by Andrew McNab Go to last post
7 193
Can not install the software from Fingerprint Reader by shadow1768
I have the Keyboard with the Fingerprint reader attached to it. I recently reinstalled Vista on my desktop (2 days ago) and today I was attempting to install the software for the fingerprint reader. The drivers installed fine (windows doing it by itself) but the thing is useless without the software. The software, Digital Persona Password Manager 1.0 said that it required XP for it to function....
June 19th 08 01:54 AM
by shadow1768 Go to last post
1 156
I have 3GB of RAM installed but the system only reports 2814MB by Shade00
3GB RAM on Vista 32-bit Home Premium and system info is only reporting 2814MB. The motherboard bios is recognizing all 3GB and the memory has tested fine when only 1GB or 2GB is installed on it's own. The memory is all the same - Corsair - same product line and everything. Vista OS is up to date and I am using the latest bios for my motherboard. I will paste the system specs here.... (Any...
January 11th 08 11:46 AM
by Shade00 Go to last post
7 179
USB Device Not Recognized by shabin
This worked on me after installing all updates including SP2. Unplug/remove all devices from their ports (usb, etc.), shutdown your laptop, pull out the battery and then hold down the power button for 1 minute. Then replace the battery, turn on the laptop and plug back in devices in reverse order. It worked for me great without me having to reinstall the logitech drivers for my V220 mouse....
October 18th 09 06:01 AM
by shabin Go to last post
0 169
Camcorder not recognized through IEEE 1394 by Shabaman
Hello, I have a Sony DCR-TRV280 camcorder and I recently tried to connect it to my notebook(both have firewire ports) through the i.LINK cable. Problem is, my computer doesn't detect it in any way. I tried using Windows Movie Maker as the capturing program but it doesn't detect neither. I figured it would be like USB and would detect new hardware. I also looked under the device manager. Not...
July 30th 08 01:36 AM
by maump3 Go to last post
6 185
x64 drivers for Brother HL-2070N by SGSCOMPS
Looking for Vista x64 drivers or configuration/setup information to use in a networked configuration, not USB. Works fine with XP x64 but would like to get it working with x64 Vista
September 13th 06 12:11 PM
by SGSCOMPS Go to last post
0 165
error message by sgclay2002
I get this error but can't find anything to help me fix it. 0x9F_IMAGE_e100b325.sys, type 0 I have a compaq Presario that I have had for about a year and a half. I didn't get this originally but for sometime it happens everytime I sign in. -- Thanks, Steve
November 3rd 08 05:43 AM
by Timothy Davis [MSFT][_2_] Go to last post
2 293
Caannot invoke "Add Printer" as administrator by Severely Frustrated
I'm setting up my new Vista laptop (brand new HP Pavilion dv6345us, purchased two days ago). I'm logged in as an administrator, with full privilieges. Context: Control Panel Hardware & Sound Printers I try: File Add Printer... Vista refuses, and declares that "This operation has been cancelled due to restrictions in effect on this computer".
July 3rd 07 09:26 PM
by Severely Frustrated Go to last post
3 152
Drivers for USB Camera by Seven
Hi I have a Konica Milolta Dimage Z5 camera. I have not used it since installing Vista. I tried to copy some recent photographs to hard drive and it started to look for the drivers for the camera. I put the disk in that came with the camera, but Vista says it's for Win 98/ME and refuses to install it. I've looked on Konica's web site, but they're not supporting cameras anymore and I...
September 26th 07 04:32 PM
by Pete Stavrakoglou Go to last post
7 111
USB drivers by Seven
I have Vista Home installed a main PC and a laptop. I have no problem connecting USB flash drives or card readers to laptop. However, on main PC, I can't. Everytime I try and connect a flash drive, card reader and my camera, Vista insists on looking for drivers, but can't find them even if I tell it to look in the windows folder. For some reason, Vista also thinks that these USB items are...
October 3rd 07 08:52 PM
by DevilsPGD Go to last post
7 570
Printer problem by Seven
Hi Got a weird problem that has suddenly cropped up. When ever I try and print a web page out, all my printers disappear and I get a 'this device has stopped working' etc. The printer folder should show 2 printers plus pdf printer but it doesn't and opening the printers folder brings another message saying that 'local print spooler services is not running'. Going to services and restarting...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
July 19th 07 04:26 AM
by Charlie Tame Go to last post
13 208
Vista and Wireless Print Server - Linksys WPS54G by seve22xmen
After several hours of fruitless struggles with installation of this device, I believe I have a solution that I can share with those of you who are having similar challenges. First off, take the nice green CD-ROM installation disk you received with the device and set your coffee cup on it - nice coaster! Next, attach your printer to the wireless print server and the print server to your...
January 5th 09 05:07 PM
by losfrailes Go to last post
6 164
CD/DVD ROM BROKE?!?! DAMN VISTA!! by setotitan
Where do I start. Initially when I installed Vista Home Premium my Norton System Works 2007 wouldn't work. I wrote them and in not so many words they shafted me and said I needed to buy "Vista compatible software". We'll I ordered this new program Norton 360, took 4-5 days to get here. Well I put it in the CD/DVD tray close it, and nothing :( Now my drive doesn't work! I go to the Device...
April 26th 07 11:10 PM
by cb Go to last post
7 144
CD/DVD RW Drive Disappears, not a filter issue by Sethroe
Hello, I have been having problems with my CD/DVD RW drive randomly disappearing since January. The odd thing is that it's not always gone. For instance, I just burned a CD, yet within an hour I expect my CD/DVD RW drive to disappear both from "Computer" and the Device Manager. The only time the drive works consistently is immediately after a restart. If I am playing a DVD at the time the...
May 11th 09 07:17 PM
by R. C. White Go to last post
2 308
symptom documents stuck in printer que by Seth
When I try to get to any function that might address this problem I am met with the message "can not perform that function at this time" I have tried the "run" route and trying to delete the printer and reinstall I even dug out the disk and tried to "uninstall" off that and get the same message. I have looked up users and I am listed as the administrator. Any ideas?? if I am in the wrong...
October 2nd 07 07:41 PM
by Rich. Go to last post
1 98
Help with microphone Windows Vista by sesilie
lately I've been having problems with my microphone. Inbuilt, jack no matter what. Just microphone in general. I don't know why. It just came all of a sudden. When I record something or just talk on MSN, Vent or whatever with people it's all like wavy and noisy. I tried lookin for help pretty much anywhere and yeah, here I am. I own a HP Pavillion dv9096xx running Windows Vista Home Premium...
October 16th 08 09:20 PM
by sesilie Go to last post
0 224
HP 1320 printer not getting the right number of copies by service
First, I had trouble posting to this site. I had to try four times. Second, I have an HP 1320 printer which is about one year old. I had to buy a new computer recently which came with Vista. I am having trouble getting the number of copies I've clicked on. Even under ME or XP if I clicked two copies, I only had to click on print. I never had to click on Apply. It would just go back...
August 9th 07 04:56 AM
by service Go to last post

From The