  Rating Thread / Thread Starter Last Post Replies Views Reverse Sort Order
cd/dvd drive not detected by raysmith
So my cd/dvd drive doesn't show up on my computer. I have a dell inspiron 5315 desktop. I searched the forum here and found nothing that worked. I tried to uninstall it from my device manager but it would reinstall itself upon reboot, i tried to delete my upper and lower registries for the drive but I don't have lower registry for that. I also checked my autoplay settings but everything was fine...
March 7th 10 11:28 AM
by raysmith Go to last post
0 270
Need info on using a web cam by The Learner
Perhaps this is the wrong newsgroup for getting information on the use of a web cam - but, if it is, please point me in the right direction. I can't find a newsgroup for webcams. Thanks.
February 22nd 10 02:21 PM
by The Learner Go to last post
0 270
Updateing bios by Carl G
Hi Guys My soninlaw has a ECS NF650iSLIT motherboard. He want me to help him update the bios, he keeps getting a message on windows 7 that he should update it . He does have a couple problems there . Blue screen every so often. But does any one out there know if that board has a jumper that we would have to change to flash the bios ? In reading about this in the manual it says IF the board has...
September 27th 09 12:06 AM
by Colin Barnhorst[_2_] Go to last post
6 270
Graphics Card Question by Cypher
I recently purchased a GM5664 Gateway system and I need some information installing a new graphics card. Here is a link to my system http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?skuId=8649368&productCategoryId=abcat0501002&type=product&tab=2&id=1195599475576#productdetail Monitor - Samsung SyncMaster 245BW Due to the poor graphics card that came with this system I plan on upgrading
March 22nd 08 06:24 AM
by BigJim Go to last post
2 269
Motorola SBG900 in Windows Vista 64-Bit by Duane Haas
I have just purchased a new computer (Gateway FX7026) and I am wanting to link my Wireless Cable Modem Gateway SBG900 (wireless router/modem) up on it. I do not have the original CD (which was before Vista even came out), but I do have a flash drive and have loaded the "Vista Drivers" off of Motorola's website found here...
April 18th 08 07:24 PM
by Gary G. Little Go to last post
2 269
Mouse 'Magnifier' Function Unstable by John Ciccone
Hello. First time I set up the right side button to 'magnify' on this MS Laser Mouse 6000 in Vista 64 bit, clicking it would cause the entire display to flash on and off a couple times before teh magnifier. Very disturbing. Recently had to do a new install, and it now works perfectly. Today I upgraded another computer to Vista 32 bit, and it exhibits the same problem (display black, then...
May 30th 08 09:03 PM
by Donald L McDaniel[_4_] Go to last post
4 269
HELP needed Broadcom netxtreme not functioning by su33
(My comp runs on vista) suddenly the device is not working when i'm trying to connect to the internet.... when i search 4 the cause the driver is not there and When i try to install driver with thehelp wizard i get this message..(Windows found driver software for yourdevice but encountered an error while attempting to install it.) it also says (A device attached to the system is not functioning.)...
November 3rd 08 05:44 AM
by Timothy Davis [MSFT][_2_] Go to last post
1 269
Microsoft Mouse BT5000 can not install by Carlos[_6_]
Hi all, I've been trying to install a MS bluetooth mouse 5000 to the Vista Ultimate partition in a Macbook pro with no success. The irony is that is works flawlessly on the MacOSX side but not under Vista... Sometimes it can be detected, and supposedly able to add it to the list, but when I open the bluetooth wizard again, the device is not there..
November 28th 08 01:33 AM
by Carlos[_6_] Go to last post
0 269
Barbook/Whitebook? by MasterAlex
Does anyone know where I can find a decent whitebook/barebook? (preferably at a low cost) Thanks. -- MasterAlex
December 1st 08 05:35 AM
by Eddie Hyde Go to last post
1 269
Troubleshoot device conflicts by Z
Ok. So, I firstly I have Windows Vista Home Premium on an MDG Visionbook model: MS-10342B. This comes with an Intel Graphics Media Accelerator (model 900 or 950 not sure which but apparently it uses the same driver). The driver can be found on a third party site that I have. I'm not sure if we're allowed to post 3rd-party sites on the forum, and also it doesn't really matter for the issue...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
November 29th 07 03:35 AM
by Elliott Go to last post
10 269
Is There Any Hope? by Bunbear
Yesterday, my computer blanked out and started a funny noise with the on button flashing. I tried to shut it down, but it wouldn't. When I got a "hot" burning smell, I pulled all the plugs real quick! Is there any hope that my hard drive is still there? If not, my second questions is should I get Windows Vista instead of the XP that I am used to..? I have been reading (on my husband's...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
November 18th 07 09:04 PM
by [email protected] Go to last post
10 269
a new monitor SyncMaster Samsung 205 BW - 20" and DVI by JerzyMarian
Today I have bought a new monitor. Fantascic. But now I discovered a problem with switching users. There are two acounts on may machine. When I turn on machine ewerything start ok. I can see two acouts to log. I chose one and is ok. But when I chose "switch user" (to run the next acount) the screen of monitor change to black and after 10 s. the computer starts reseting. It was with DVI...
September 29th 06 11:30 PM
by Richard Urban Go to last post
3 269
Compaq nx7010 ATI Drivers... by Keith Jetton
I agree with JO's post about the ATI drivers. I installed Vista RC1 last night and found out about the video issue. I found that if I disable the AGP port that my laptop screen is fine, but there goes the dual monitor support as well. Right now I have it setup as external monitor only. I have also tried to download drivers at ATI direct, but they do not have drivers for the ATI Mobility...
October 16th 06 09:00 PM
by Keith Jetton Go to last post
0 269
Losing the setup of dual display by Tore
Hi ! I have a Dell precision M70 and a docking station. Hven I logg of or lock the pc, I los my configuration of dual display. I must reconfigure the posision of the display and set may main display again. Sorry for my bad english :-) Anny solutions out ther ? T
February 21st 07 06:16 AM
by Tore Go to last post
3 269
Wireless LAN PCI Card Asus WL-138G not recognized/ IEEE 802.11g 54 by Mstevens
did a clean install of MS Vista Ultimate (previously I ran Windows XP without problems). After installation my wireless network card is not recognized. Can somebody please give some advice how to deal with this problem. Thanks !!
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
May 29th 07 07:43 PM
by Barb Bowman Go to last post
12 269
The Vista Windows update repeatedly fails to install a "recommended" driver. by Trond Ruud
Every time I log on to or begin to log off from Vista I am prompted by the Windows updater to install an updated driver, but the update always aborts with the message that the installation has failed The updater says the driver is for "Realtek Semiconductor Corp. Realtek RTL8187 Wireless 802.11g 54Mbps USB 2.0 Network Adapter", which is integrated on my ASUS M2N32-SLI DELUXE motherboard. The...
June 12th 07 07:46 PM
by freddy Go to last post
1 269
Vista won't boot with printer turned off by TurboFool
I have an Epson Stylus CX4800 all-in-one printer with built-in card reader. If my printer is turned off, Vista will not cold-boot (restores from hibernate with no trouble, though). As well, some applications or installers won't function properly (ATI Catalyst installer hangs while searching for hardware, but continues the moment the printer's turned on, and Acronis TrueImage hangs while...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
June 27th 07 04:36 PM
by TurboFool Go to last post
14 269
network controller and wireless card driver not found and wont ins by azreal
Hi i recently had a automatic vista home basic update and after it installed i have not been able to access my wireless internet. i get a message saying that the drivers cannot be found. i went to the device manager and it says the same and also that my network controller drivers are missing. so i try to automatcaly reinstall drivers but they are not found and i have tryed the disk that came...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
July 13th 07 05:16 PM
by freddy Go to last post
15 269
Vista is not recognizing my Camera by DakoRakkun
I'm having trouble with my camera (Sony Cybershot DSC-W70) and Windows Vista. What happens is that when I connect it through its USB cable, Vista tries to look for a driver and can't find one, which is strange. I recently formatted, and my old installation of Vista recognized the camera perfectly, autoplay would popup when I connected the camera, and I could see the camera on My Computer...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
July 17th 08 11:05 PM
by marype Go to last post
15 269
rotate monitor display by Richard
Hi, I have a dual monitor setup with one of the monitors rotated 90ΒΊ. I used to use nView or Pivot Pro on Win XP but neither of these will install on Vista. Is there any other software that would do the job? My graphics card is a Geforce FX 5200. Thanks, Richard
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
February 3rd 07 11:00 AM
by lancea Go to last post

From The