  Rating Thread / Thread Starter Last Post Replies Views Reverse Sort Order
DVD writer not detected properely by michaelreef
The hard drive in my dell Inspiron 1525, running Vista Home Basic (32 bit) failed last week and I was provided a replacemnt hard drive by dell the next day. However after reinstalling windows and Ubuntu (the system is a dual boot), I installed all the vista drivers including the latest firmware for the dvd writer, the firmware seemed to install properely. If however I try to reinstall the...
July 9th 09 02:50 PM
by michaelreef Go to last post
0 269
HP is screwing me around - what can I do? by pdsnickles[_2_]
I have a brand new HP Pavilion desktop and the first two days it gave me blue screens of death. Subsequently I had an expert look at the .dmp files and Windows/System logs that show the unrecoverable events and he said that it clearly shows a -hardware -problem and that I should tell HP and get a new computer. (I have had it just 4 days longer than Best Buy's return policy was in effect...
April 10th 09 03:22 AM
by pdsnickles[_2_] Go to last post
9 269
VISTA x64 compatable NAS? by stusanford
Does anybody know of a Vista x64 compatible NAS that is also backward compatible with Vista x32 and XP? My Netgear SC101 NAS is not compatible and I need a NAS to work with all three OS flavors. Thanks in advance for your help. Stu Sanford Woodbridge, VA -- stusanford
May 1st 09 03:29 AM
by kboettge Go to last post
5 269
Vista "forgets" USB Device Locations by phillfri
When I plug in the external USB drive I use for backup, Vista recognizes it, can read and write to it, etc. But within a few minutes Vista "forgets" the location of the USB drive. I note that, like most people, I have multiple USB devices plugged in. The error message I get is: ============================================= Could not find this item. This is no longer located in %3...
August 26th 09 11:55 AM
by Karoltgreat Go to last post
8 269
USB External Hard Drive Not Detected by Trent_australia
Hi, Now I have tried all sorts of things. I have a Seagate Freeagent Desktop USB drive, It has been working fine I plug it in when I need it no problem the drive comes up. Now when I plug it in windows vista does not even find it. No new usb device nothing. I have been through everything in vista, device manager, drive manager, everything. So I tried it on my laptop also running vista, not...
October 10th 08 09:27 PM
by Paul Montgomery[_3_] Go to last post
3 268
MSCONFIG SYSTEM STARTUP by JASMINEGEORGE
is there a way to get into msconfig and change start up items & services without going past the password menu like go through MSDOS or something'? Or some kind of prompt from when I first start the computer up to edit what starts up and what doesnt. I stupidly changed something in the msconfig start up items and services items and now I can't go through to the welcome menu PLEASE NOTE I...
March 28th 08 07:05 PM
by John[_22_] Go to last post
2 268
Windows Logo Key gets sticked by Xim
Hello all, Since I got my PC upgraded from Windows 2000 to Vista Enterprise, I have had a problem with the Windows Logo key occasionally become a "sticky key". I can't put a finger on any sequence that causes the problem, but I finally found out that I can get the normal keys back by pressing one time at the logo key. In the set-up I have disabled "sticky keys", so this should not be the...
August 13th 08 06:29 AM
by Xim Go to last post
7 268
unable to view external hard drive in my computer by driver08[_2_]
sorry this thread was a mistake my computer wasnt showing i posted and im not sure how to delete this... please do not post so the thread can die -- driver08 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ driver08's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/driver08.htm View this thread: http://forums.techarena.in/vista-hardware-devices/1053536.htm
October 12th 08 06:25 PM
by driver08[_2_] Go to last post
0 268
Blue screen when waking from hibernate b/c of Atheros wireless by SamAndAnnRuss
When I wake from hibernation, I often blue-screen now. Vista says that it is because of wireless. The crash information: Fault bucket 0x50_athr+1102, type 0 Event Name: BlueScreen I recently applied Vista Service Pack 1 and also downloaded a video game. Any ideas? Should I uninstall Vista SP1?
October 24th 08 12:43 AM
by SamAndAnnRuss Go to last post
0 268
Sleep by hamish092
For some reason, every so often my computer will not go into 'sleep' mode, and will simply dim as if going into sleep and then immediately power up again for no apparent reason. The problem seems to be solved if I resatart the computer but then a few days later the problem may return again. Any suggestions?
October 27th 07 01:32 PM
by usasma Go to last post
1 268
Vista USB 2.0 PCMCIA Lock-up by tjb1991
Hi, I recently bought a genaric usb 2.0 pcmcia. It works perfect in XP SP2 (duel-boot) but not in Vista home premium. ANYTIME i insert the card it locks the computer up, i could be booting the system, have the card in the system at boot or inserting it when vista is running. When it locks there is no BSOD or anything, i have to force a shut down. Im running on a gateway solo 9550. 512...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
July 1st 07 06:58 PM
by freddy Go to last post
13 268
Vista & External Storage Devices & NAS Boxes Problems & Issues,+Ot by Theo M
Hi, I am running Vista Business OS now since January this year. So far there are goods things about Vista and there are definatelt bad things occurring that i need help with. My PC is Pentium 4, 3.06Ghz, 4G Ram, Nvidia 7600 Card, Creative Audigy ZS VE External Sound Card. I also have the following Storage Devices which worked fine with XP but
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
October 7th 07 10:06 AM
by SenfirBob Go to last post
13 268
Windows Aero Disapeared! by kami
Hi, I am using windows home premium. I have an hp laptop with nvidia 7200 card, windows aero was working fine till now but just yesterday some how its gone and im only getting then standard envoirement. the score for my graphics is 3.3 and for 3d card is 2.6. I have also reinstalled the drivers but there is no change. does anyone have any idea with whats wrong? please help! kami
February 26th 07 01:24 PM
by kami Go to last post
5 268
DVDRW wont work in windows by avantg2
I have recently installed windows vista home premium on my newly built computer. My DVD rom shows up in the bios and on windows when you go to my computer. However when you place a CD or DVD in and the autorun kicks in the screen goes nuts with diagnally running lines. The computer also locks up and has to be restarted. I'm wondering if anyone else has heard of this?
February 25th 07 11:44 PM
by Jonathan Yaniv Go to last post
1 268
HELP PLEASE WITH slave hdd by mustie
dHi i know its been covered but i cant fing issues like i have installed a 2nd hdd on slave reconized in bios drivers loaded from vista but drive isint showing up in my computer looked for disk managment etc but cant find it in search i am using vista hope premium both are ide drives , i have a hdd on " c " but thats it
February 25th 07 04:49 PM
by mustie Go to last post
2 268
NEW NVIDIA DRIVER AVAILABLE by Marcos Kleine
32bit http://www.nvidia.com/object/winvista_x86_100.65.html 64bit http://www.nvidia.com/object/winvista_x64_100.65.html
February 20th 07 09:31 PM
by Bob Go to last post
3 268
TV Tuner not found when setting up TV in Media Center by Darin_STL
HP m7680n Upgrade to Vista Ultimate - TV Tuner not found when setting up TV in Media Center I purchased an HP m7680n system that ran Media Center 2005 without any errors. The PC was labeled and sold as Vista Capable. I ran the Windows Vista Upgrade Advisor and was told that my machine could run Vista. I upgraded to Vista Ultimate and receive an error message when I try to setup the TV...
February 9th 07 02:31 AM
by JW Go to last post
9 268
Vista installing with XP boot drive question by Warren
Ok, here goes. I have a new system AND hdd coming, with vista upgrade version. I think it's going to work like this.. install XP CD on new drive, activate, then install vista. Now, main question here is.. I want to use the XP hdd from this system as a secondary HDD, not a boot one, just a data one. I want to keep ALL files on that HDD, so I can pick and choose what to install later. ...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
February 3rd 07 06:44 PM
by Hugh Wyn Griffith Go to last post
12 268
accessing a hard drive.. by CMKUbLU304
I have a laptop with windows XP on it and windows failed to load on me one day...so now I have a new laptop because we couldn't figure out what was wrong with it. There was no indication that the hard drive was damaged, so I was told I could access the hard drive on my old laptop by using a 2 way USB cord and plug it into another, working computer. It would then act just like an external...
December 31st 06 02:22 PM
by Clint Go to last post
4 268
Audio on HP dv8000 laptop under Vista x64 by Ryan
I've got the sound card working on my HP laptop with a Conexant AC-Link adapter now... what I ended up having to do was install the ATI Integrated Digital Audio 64 bit beta driver, and then reboot and turn off the "enforce driver signing" option during boot to complete the install. This may help the other people who are having trouble with Vista x64 and the sound on their HP or Compaq...
September 29th 06 09:43 PM
by Ryan Go to last post

From The