nforce4 sata = stardard dual channel pci ide?! by Patrick
Hi all, I installed Vista X64 Ultimate on my DFI Lanparty NF4 Ultra-D. I was havind troubles updating the legacy nf4 raid drivers to the new nf4 drivers so I decided to reinstall. I janked out my raid-0 array and now I have 2 disks, 1 sata 250Gb hitachi and 1 sata 160Gn seagate. I installed Vista and now i't has installes the sata controllers as 'standard dual channel pci ide', I still can't...
February 17th 07 05:45 PM
by JW Go to last post
4 202
Shut down and software required re-starts by Syntax2112
I've installed Vista ultimate 32bit RTM....Most all works fine except when I install something that requires a restart ,,,or even attempt to turn the PC off,,,,it won't restart period. I have to manually reset the system....If I try and turn off the PC at the end of the day or whatever, I tell it to shut down,,,but it just goes to the point where all goes blank like it about to shut down,,...
February 17th 07 06:29 PM
by Syntax2112 Go to last post
0 165
How to care for a DSL modem by broccolibeef
This question does NOT have anything to do with Vista. Because I cannot find a good place to ask this question, I am trying it here. The question is as the subject line: how to care for a DSL modem? Should I turn it off after I am done with an internet session--or at least during the night when I am sleeping, or should I leave it on all the time? I live in Los Angeles and am using the ATT...
February 17th 07 06:43 PM
by broccolibeef Go to last post
6 187
Drivers! Motherboard, Router etc... by Gursky
I just purchased the full version of Vista Home Premium. In a round about way I had no choice because I thought I didnt have my XP product key..well sure enough 250 dollars later....FOUND IT. Ironic eh? However my problem is this. I installed Vista and I really like it. But as of right now, I cant really do anything. I have no sound because I cant install the motherboard driver that has the...
February 17th 07 07:20 PM
by JW Go to last post
8 227
Is there a vista-compatible DOCSIS cable modem? What is it? by wantcablemodemconnection
I would have normally waited for things (hardware, bug elimination, whatever) to catch up to Vista, but if I wanted to get a laptop PC now, it seemed the only way to get it was to get it preinstalled with Vista. I am not upgrading, I am starting with everything brand new. Okay, today I talked to my local cable internet provider today about options, and after talking to them, it seemed a...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
February 17th 07 07:45 PM
by Donald McDaniel Go to last post
12 477
Conexant HD audio driver? by Dchen
Hi i just installed windows vista home edition the full version and it appears my audio drivers are not working. I have tried uninstalling them and installing new ones i found on the web yet nothing works. I have tried manually deleting the files then running the setup through device manager or through self setup and nothing works. I had vista beta RC2 and my audio worked fine on there so i...
February 17th 07 09:45 PM
by Cari \(MS-MVP\) Go to last post
3 208
usb flash drive and readyboost by Squibbly
my usb flash drive seems to not to be recognised by windows vista ultimate for some reason and for some reason my boot up from the bios seems to take ages
February 17th 07 11:06 PM
by Squibbly Go to last post
3 205
Boot up problem by darknothing
the normal boot for my pc goes floppy,Hard drive, cd rom but i cant get vista to boot up that way i get disk boot fail replace disk and try again , the only way i can get it to boot up is cd rom hard drive, cd rom and the vista cd has to be in the cd tray. whats going on?
February 18th 07 12:41 AM
by andy Go to last post
1 194
Vista ratings. by Reon & Corrina Hocking
I have just installed Vista Home Premium, have a Radeon 256mb agp card, Vista drivers etc, etc, but for some reason, Vista has rated my graphics performance at 1...How do I improve this? I have updated everything.
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
February 18th 07 12:59 AM
by BSchnur Go to last post
11 348
Problem with KWorld TV7134 WDM Video Capture by Knud Rasmussen
I have just downloaded Vista drivere for this card, but it do not work. I tried uninstall the old drivers, and install the new one, but there was no picture in the Media Center. Any solutions?? mvh Knud
February 18th 07 01:11 AM
by cvp Go to last post
2 205
Lexmark X75 printer driver for Vista by Greg
Was wondering if anyone knows if the Lexmark X75 printer/fax/scanner will work with Vista. If not, does anyone know if Lexmark will be providing an updated driver? Thanx, Greg
February 18th 07 01:51 AM
by cvp Go to last post
5 214
Hertz by Artier
i want to get more herts on my computer and i have a pentium 4 and i have 1.70Hertz 1.69Hertz
February 18th 07 02:28 AM
by pete Go to last post
2 396
Can't get CD/DVD drive to work in Vista by dot
For months the DVD burner in my system was working fine, but in the last few days it stopped working. Vista detects it and loaded the device drivers, but it does not initialize the hardware properly. (I always get error "code 37".) Note that the system does detect that the DVD drive is there, and the driver does get the model number from the drive. Just to make sure there wasn't an...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
February 18th 07 02:29 AM
by Dash65 Go to last post
17 422
Building or Buying a Brand New Windows Vista Compatible PC? by Avarice
My computer is over 4 years old now and I am ready to turn it into a secondary computer in my home. I currently have Windows Vista Ultimate installed on it, but because the hardware is somewhat old, I'm not getting a very good experience with it. With that said, I'm ready to "go all out" with the designing of my new PC. I am looking for different Windows Vista PC design guides, but was...
February 18th 07 09:34 AM
by Richard G. Harper Go to last post
2 246
free xm radio integrated in windows media center by
I was playing yesterday in windows vista media center and I found that you can listen to XM radio streaming (very good quality). Go to Online Media Explore AOL Radio Featuring XM Pretty cool! Best channels: top 20 on ch.20 XM HitList ch.30
February 18th 07 09:40 AM
by Scott Go to last post
3 370
February 18th 07 09:48 AM
by Charles Go to last post
1 317
PC noise by angimoo
I have just purchased a new PC and when i turn it on the tower makes a noise...like a piercing satic noise...the ones u can sometimes hear when u have the tv on. I unplugged the arial but it still makes the noise, where i purchased my PC from they said they couldnt hear anything and that its normal because its a powerful machine with alot of electricty running throughout...i dont believe...
February 18th 07 11:03 AM
by angimoo Go to last post
4 253
problem on CPU usage and Harddrive disk access by GT
My P4 2.8ghz HT CPU usage constanly goes up and down even when computer is not in use and this seem to happen when i hear noise whistling noise on my harddrive. Putting the computer to sleep and then waking it up seem to fix this? issue I'm having. what is going on? are there any setting i have to change in order for this problem to stop?
February 18th 07 01:09 PM
by LARGO16 Go to last post
1 235
How To Resolve Issues With Your DVD/CD Burner in Vista by whiwo
Spent $59.00 for this answer since I have OEM. Free support is only for retail. Go to article kb 314060 in the windows database and it will provide you with instructions to have Vista recognize your Drives again. Good Luck!
February 18th 07 02:11 PM
by whiwo Go to last post
0 213
Accessing Data on External Hard Drive by orpheusgato
Usual problem ... PC died, no back-up. Removed hard drive and purchased a CompUSA USB 2.o External Hard Drive Enclosure. Instructions do not include Vista yet. I see that a "Drive J" is listed in the "folders" section of "Computer" and I can tell that this is info from my old PC's hard drive, but it doesn't look like all of it ... mostly system info. I'm trying to find Word, Excel, and...
February 18th 07 02:24 PM
by Malke Go to last post

From The