PnPDriverNotFound by Nguyen Minh Tuan
my laptop is HP NC6400 - the upgrade tool tell me to install Vista Business. However i installed Vista Ultimate. and of course i go to HP website, download and install all approriate driver and softwares for my laptop series But i usually experience Bluescreen Death when the computer restart. Errors like below ............ Product Driver software installation
March 5th 07 02:55 PM
by Tripdog Go to last post
1 226
Vista will not recognize Ricoh SD.MS/Pro.MMC.XD card controller by AaronIROCZ
I have a HP DV9000T notebook computer that I have upgraded to windows vista ultimate 32bit. The problem is I have downloaded the windows update package for the card reader and the new driver from HP and every time I put a card in it windows states that I need to install a driver for it. Unfortinuatly I do not know the exact model number of the reader at this time but I will look for it and...
March 5th 07 03:03 PM
by Gene Go to last post
3 302
Scanner compatibility by CT
Windows Vista wouldn't work with my old scanner, or so they told me at tech support, so I bought a new HP ScanJet G3010. Everything is in place, and it will scan, but I have to push the scanner button, as I cannot find the program on the system to use an icon off the desktop (actually, I'm still finding my way around the system). It also will not copy using the copy button. Any ideas? I...
March 5th 07 03:36 PM
by Puppy Breath Go to last post
1 218
power supply website that show what watts i need to get. by GT
I remember going to a website where i can enter all my computer hardware information and it would recommend a power supply watts but i forgot the website. anyone know any site where it can do that?
March 5th 07 05:01 PM
by JimR Go to last post
1 246
WMDC sync with ipac on Vista by Di
Have been reading posts in newsgroups for several days now sync using the Mobile Device Centre. By using some of the advice given I may, or may not, have nearly solved it - so near yet so far! The WMDC and Sync Centre are recognizing my ipac 1940 and it actually syncing. But where to I'm not sure! On XP I used ActiveSync with Outlook 2000. I have Outlook 2000 installed on my new Vista...
March 5th 07 05:09 PM
by Di Go to last post
0 203
Nvidia driver installation problem by Kirk
I'm attempting to install the latest Nvidia drivers (101.41 beta). Here is a synopsis of my system: Dell XPS Gen3 Windows Vista Ultimate (build 6000) - clean install 3.4 GHz P4 2 Gb DIMM memory NVIDIA GeForce 7800 GT (Current driver - Microsoft Corporation - WDDM) After uninstalling the WDDM driver and attempting to update to the new
March 5th 07 05:50 PM
by Kirk Go to last post
8 310
windows vista upgrade vs home preuim vs home basic by knight
has anyone purchased the upgrade version only and hadnt any problems playing there games i did a clean install with the full version cause it said so and my games either stalled or wont work, has anyone with the upgrade had any problems with there games??? or is there any differance like with the home basic???
March 5th 07 06:22 PM
by jim_from_il Go to last post
2 232
PEN_LIST_CORRUPT at startup by RaulB
hi, i have been having a blue screen error at startup, PEN_LIST_CORRUPT. It happens at boot time. after that I am able to use vista without errors. Is this error related to memory or drivers installed? thanks very much.
March 5th 07 09:41 PM
by RaulB Go to last post
0 213
Vista Business - Fax & Scan doesn't see scanner? by The Traveler
I am using a Samsung SCX-4100 MFM device which is connected to my system via a USB port. Although Samsung's application sees the scanner and is able to use it, MS Vista's Fax & Scan application doesn't see this device. When I try to install the scanner using Vista, it comes up as a Xerox Network scanner... which it is not. (doesn't work either). I am using the current Samsung drivers (Vista...
March 5th 07 10:03 PM
by Hugh Wyn Griffith Go to last post
1 242
bcdedit and RAM by Squibbly
is it possible to use bcdedit, obviously in elevated command mode to make vista report the complete range of my memory, it is reporting 2gb, but i put in another 1gb, if so, how?
March 5th 07 11:19 PM
by Squibbly Go to last post
0 230
March 5th 07 11:20 PM
by Jdr Go to last post
4 167
SOLVED: SigmaTel Audio problem in Windows Vista Ultimate by Chris Benton
This applies to Dell systems that use the on-board SigmaTel audio device, particularly XPS systems, but it may work for others, as well. When I upgraded from XP to Vista Home Premium, my sound worked fine. Running the Anytime Upgrade from Home Premium to Ultimate, however, knocked out my sound. Here's what I did to fix it: --Go to Add/Remove Programs in Control Panel. Uninstall anything that...
March 6th 07 12:02 AM
by Chris Benton Go to last post
0 174
USB Generic Hub by Glenn
I have a USB 2.0 Generic Hub that Vista calls an "Unrecognized Device." I should not need a driver for this and Windows Vista agrees that a driver is not needed. What do I do? When I plug in a USB 1.0 Generic Hub into the same USB port it works like a champ. I have lurked for several days and have seen messages about lots of USB problems, but no answer for my problem.
March 6th 07 01:04 AM
by Glenn Go to last post
4 166
HP PSC1215 Install Problems by Tnichs
HI, I have a HP PSC1215 Printer which I connected via the USB on my Laptop. According to everything I have read this is supposed to be plug and play. But the printer does not appear in the printers section of control panel. If I look atg the device manager and click on the USB devices, I can see the printer but in the Status box on the General page it says that there is no driver...
March 6th 07 01:29 AM
by Mike Go to last post
5 193
"good" SATA2 drivers for PCIe JMB360 controller? by Nut Cracker
Hello, I have a board with an onboard SATA2 connector. I put a SATA2 disk on it, and when I installed vista (with the controller in SATA mode in the bios (asrock 939Dual-SATA2 board)), Vista detected the controller and loaded a default driver, and the install took about 3 hours. The windows experience disk performance rating was 2.2. I changed the controller mode to IDE in the bios (which...
March 6th 07 02:32 AM
by BSchnur Go to last post
9 382
Slow file copy to USB device by just bob
Hi again, I've got a brand new USB 2.0 Maxtor external drive and Vista reports my speed for copying a folder of about 10,000 files and 36Gb is only 14MB/sec. Why so slow? It's estimating it will take 45 minutes. On XP I could do this in about 15 minutes. This is on a brand new Dell D820 with Vista Ultimate, 3GB of RAM, all ports USB2, both external and internal hard drives are 7200RPM....
March 6th 07 02:49 AM
by Richard Urban Go to last post
2 156
Lexmark printer won`t work with vista by wrighty
:roll: Hi Afraid to say i don`t know a lot about computers but have just bought a new one and my lexmark Z640 printer now wont work. i have the disc for it and it shows up in my printer section states it is ready but when I try to print states it is not cennected or can not connect, Can any one help ? many thanks -- Posted at author's request, using fully moderated...
March 6th 07 05:06 AM
by chris Go to last post
4 251
Windows LifeCam by Gary G. Little
It seems that the 6000 LifeCam I purchased in December is having a problem with the Beta drivers and software I installed for Vista RTM. After a few minutes it starts to freeze. After a few restarts, the cam simply goes black until I reboot. Has the LifeCam software been released for Vista, or is there a new beta drop available? -- The personal opinion of Gary G. Little
March 6th 07 05:23 AM
by Cari \(MS-MVP\) Go to last post
3 178
HP Officejet 7310 by Paul
Running Vista Ultimate 64bit. HP says no software/drivers yet available. I can print fine using the vista drivers but I cannot use the scanner. It seems to recognize the scanner in Windows Fax and Scan but I can't get it to scan. Any suggestions.
March 6th 07 05:24 AM
by Cari \(MS-MVP\) Go to last post
2 136
WD Raptor Locks Up by Dave
At various different times my WD Raptor will lock up for appx 1 minute and then continue on what I was doing. It is erractic as it will do it at different times i.e. checking email, surfing the net or an application on the computer. This is a new hard drive with Vista Pre installed. Any ideas?
March 6th 07 05:32 AM
by Necrosis Go to last post

From The