Upgrading Video Card by will_s
Have a 7800 and the drivers for that card but as Nvidia have now made separate drivers for each generation of Geforce how would upgrades work. Will Vista revert back to its basic drivers or should I remove the drivers for the old card before putting the new one on. btw: card will be either a nvidia 8800 or an ATI card
May 22nd 07 03:24 PM
by Cal Bear '66 Go to last post
2 100
Windows Explorer Doesn't List HP 1600 by willytc1066[_3_]
The Windows Explorer under Vista Home Premium does not list my new HP Color LaserJet 1600 even though the printer works fine and is an available printer to every other application on my computer, including Internet Explorer. Is this a bug in Vista Home Premium? I can work around this by printing in the Paint program but it would be quicker and more straight forward to be able to print directly...
March 6th 08 05:26 AM
by willytc1066[_5_] Go to last post
4 286
CD/DVD Quit working after installing vista. by willmac35
After I installed Vista I have 2 cd drives the sata one still works but the eide shows up in my computer but when u put a cd in it will not work. In my computer if u click on the drive explorer.exe will stop working and u have to reboot the computer. Please help.
October 25th 07 04:28 AM
by willmac35 Go to last post
1 115
D Drive by Willie[_2_]
Hello there I have just got a new machine with Vista Home 64 and when I click onto the D Drive which is my DVD player it informs me that D:\ application not found but it will show the icon from the disk or film. I have looked into the properties and location, channel and lun are all at 0. I can get the disk to run if I click on the DVD folder on the left handside. Can anyone please help --...
February 27th 08 01:15 AM
by odingirl[_2_] Go to last post
4 125
Disappearing Hard Drive by willic
I recently installed Vista Home Premium. I have two drives in my machine, both Seagate SATA2. The first is a 200 gb drive that contains the Vista OS. The second is a 320 gb drive which has XP Pro. I can initially boot into either system, or I can reboot from Vista into XP Pro, the system on the second drive, without difficulty. From XP Pro I can always read both drives. The problem is...
March 18th 07 09:14 AM
by George Go to last post
5 177
Intel Pro 1000 CT LAN Driver? by William \(Bill\) Vaughn
While Vista compatibility checker said that this motherboard-based LAN card was supported, it's not recognized by Setup. Thanks so much. Anyone have a clue as to where to get an updated driver. Intel is no help (so far). -- ____________________________________ William (Bill) Vaughn Author, Mentor, Consultant Microsoft MVP INETA Speaker
November 25th 06 05:29 AM
by Guess Who Go to last post
2 149
Weird behavior of USB mouse by William Wong
Dear all, I had been running Vista Ultimate x64 for a few months and recently found that I can only use the original USB mouse?! Installation of any USB mouse would show a new "USB Human Interface Device" in Device Manager but it just won't work. Installation of the very same model of my original mouse didn't work neither. So basically I am stick with the current mouse!? I wonder if anyone...
May 22nd 08 11:30 AM
by propman[_2_] Go to last post
4 160
Chkdsk in Vista 32-bit SP1 is corrupting security descriptors by William West of Boca
I ran "chkdsk /f" last night, thinking that I was doing a good thing, on my Intel, DG965WH computer with Seagate, SATA, AHCI Generation II harddrive. Instead, chkdsk brought down my operating system, C: drive by first giving me messages like the known MAJOR BUG occurance in Windows 2000 systems. It displayed messages exactly like the following two:
August 14th 08 08:26 PM
by PhillyTechGuy Go to last post
4 216
volume control bar by william tang
Hi im having this problem of the volume control bar. when i increase or decrease the volume , no pro of the voulme, but it wont show up the volume control bar into the destop screen..please advice me asap advance thanks you william tang
July 20th 07 04:00 PM
by Cal Bear '66 Go to last post
4 120
Restore dvd icon by william tang
Hi anyone could help me with this problem, regarding about the dvd drive icon. In vista operating system, the dvd drive icon is missing, please help me asap thanks you so much william
July 21st 07 11:00 PM
by Cal Bear '66 Go to last post
4 121
Vista driver by William J. Lunsford
I'm looking for a Vista driver for a USB to Serial adapter cable or a cable that comes with a Vista driver. Bill
May 4th 09 05:33 PM
by Richard Urban Go to last post
3 263
Modem by William J. Lunsford
I'm looking for a PCI or PCIe fax modem with basic fax software that will work with 64-bit Vista Home Premium. I just need a modem and basic software for sending and receiving an occasional fax. I've done some searching, but have found little information regarding software included with modems. Bill
August 26th 09 05:10 AM
by William J. Lunsford Go to last post
5 261
Operate BootManager with USB keyboard? by William Biesty
This is a cross-post; I accidentally posted in Installation & Setup. My ASUS A7S333 motherboard recognizes key presses on my Microsoft wireless USB keyboard to enter and modify the BIOS, whether the Legacy USB setting is enabled or disabled. Once the boot manager starts, (I dual boot with XP), I have to use my old legacy PS/2 keyboard to select which OS I want to run. Can you enhance the...
June 3rd 07 08:50 PM
by William Biesty Go to last post
1 132
need status screen for hiberbnate by William Biesty
While playing with the power options, I configured the (is it still called the "Start" menu?) power button to hibernate. When I clicked on it the behavior was the same as Sleep, except key presses beeped and power eventually turned off. Why not a screen that says "Windows is hibernating...." with that colorful "elipsis" bar? Also, which one wins, Sleep or Hibernate in n minutes?
February 26th 07 06:05 PM
by William Biesty Go to last post
0 433
Vista help needed by William Beard
Back in the hay day of PCs, Norton's Disk Test would test for bad sectors and, if found, would mark them as bad so Windows would not use them. The Norton test requirements were more stringent than Windows so any sector that passed Norton's test would pass Windows requirements. Is there a Vista supported product on the market today that will do this? All the adverts talk about data...
May 30th 07 09:35 PM
by Tim Go to last post
4 91
Dual monitor support on Intel 82852/82855? by William Albert
Has anyone gotten dual-monitor support to work properly? Mine is stuck in cloned display mode, and attempting to extend the desktop onto the second monitor doesn't seem to have any effect. I've tried using the XP drivers, and while the drivers installed, Vista didn't load them, any any further attempts at loading the driver fails with a message saying that a file couldn't be found.
January 20th 07 12:41 PM
by P Cause Go to last post
3 107
Always prompted to update NVIDIA RAID Drivers by william
My boot partition is RAID 5 array on Gigabyte MB with NVIDIA 590 SLI chipset. OS is Vista Home Premium 64-bit. Everytime I boot computer it says Windows has detected new hardware and tries to install new RAID drivers that computer found via Windows Update. This hgas been happening for six weeks. I am given three choices by Vista prompt. I can install drivers, wait til next bootup or don't...
August 2nd 07 02:52 PM
by william Go to last post
2 144
wireless motorola v3m modom by William
how do i speed up the tranfer rate? need to have broadband. got broadband servive in my area. transfer rate is now at 96 thanks william
July 17th 07 09:52 AM
by Richard G. Harper Go to last post
2 147
plug n play devices by William
I am having alot of trouble with my new wireless microsoft mouse and ten key...both are supposedly "plug n play" devices. But neither work. Vista asks me to install drivers on plug n play...HELP!!!! I have gone to the manufacturers site and downloaded both drivers and nothing works. I wish I had stayed with XP. All this trouble is not worth it.
February 27th 07 09:12 AM
by Richard G. Harper Go to last post
3 480
System Freeze then Hard Reset when accessing DVD drive - No STOP message by William
I am having an issue with Vista when i access my DVD drive. The system will lock up (freeze) not responing to any mouse or keyboard input,
December 14th 06 09:12 PM
by Richard G. Harper Go to last post

From The