  Rating Thread Reverse Sort Order / Thread Starter Last Post Replies Views
Adaptec 1200A RAID (IDE) by Dark Fact
Ok it says that the Vista inspect doesn't like the driver for my 1200A IDE Raid card from adaptec, since this is function under XP SP2 will this create a problem with Vista RC-1? I would hate to have it half installed and then turn all my hard disk to a waste land :) Oh yes and is the 2940 UW supported, if it is then the Upgrade Advisor is detecting my 2940UW from Adaptec's driver isn't...
October 3rd 06 05:56 PM
by Dark Fact Go to last post
1 130
Adaptec 1430 RAID by Richard Allen
I have 4 disks, 2 in a raid off the adaptec controller, 1 JBOD simple volume off the adaptec controller and 1 off the motherboard boot disk (c:), Vista went on smoothly and found my raid set (D:) no problem. BUT it insists on a driver for the JBOD disk. Storage manger (adaptecs) see all the disks fine, but Disk manager (windows) will not see the disk. Device manager sees the disk as "Other...
April 23rd 07 10:08 AM
by Richard Allen Go to last post
1 142
Adaptec 2410SA Raid Contro;;er by Re-install Windows XP on a Rebuilt compu
Hello Let me give a little background to my question. I have a home built computer that I have used for about 3.5 years. It is built upon an ABIT IC7-G motherboard, The disc storage controller is an Adaptec 2410 SA. It has 4 SATA 1.5 gig ports. I have had 4 ea. Seagate 200 Gbyte 7200.7 discs connected to the ports. Originally I had Windows XP Pro installed on the system. In May of this...
December 1st 07 11:50 AM
by dbstroup Go to last post
1 129
Adaptec 2930CU on Vista by mbg
Hi all, In case it's of help to anyone, I couldn't get my Adaptec 2930CU to install using the driver on Adaptec's website... fix documented he http://mattbg.blogspot.com/2007/02/getting-your-adaptec-2930cu-to-work-on.html Matt.
February 7th 07 09:48 PM
by Hugh Wyn Griffith Go to last post
5 202
Adaptec 2940 series x64 drivers by Neil Myers
Any news from Adaptec on this one? It's a bit of a pain - my CD/DVD drives are all SCSI and now they're useless. Neil
September 25th 08 10:29 AM
by janaf Go to last post
9 356
Adaptec 2940 U/UW by Reinaldo Gomes
How can I put this controler to work in Vista? My disks are SCSI and without the controler they aren't available for install? Anyone have a solution? Not considering the option to buy a new one.
December 13th 06 08:59 PM
by Stephen D Ord Go to last post
4 261
Adaptec APA-1460 Series SCSI Card by Charles Crowder
Has anybody been able to install the above PCMCIA card? I have a version A and C card and need it to access my Jazz drive. A driver is listed in ADD HARDWARE but attempting to install it returns the error that the driver does not support Vista. I wanted to ask Adaptec about this but since the cards are out of warranty, I can't even ask a simple question of them now. The latest drivers...
September 30th 06 07:10 AM
by Charles Crowder Go to last post
0 183
Adaptec APA-1460 Series SCSI Card by Charles Crowder
Has anybody successfully installed drivers for this PCMCIA card? I need it to access my Jazz drive. The driver that is listed in ADD HARDWARE won't install. It says that the driver does not support Vista and there are no XP drivers available for d/l. The latest ones are for Win98/NT. I wanted to ask Adaptec about this, but since the cards are out of warranty, I cannot email them a question.
December 3rd 08 01:53 AM
by Watzman Go to last post
1 273
Adaptec AVC-3610 causes blue screen crash in Windows Vista HP by Evan Tribley
Today I attempted to install an Adaptec AVC-3610 dual usb tv tuner on my laptop running Windows Vista Home Premium (32 bit). It worked at first after downloading and installing the drivers from Windows Update. I then opened Windows Media Center and set up the tv, and it worked to degree. It was, however, slow and choppy. This same tuner worked seamlessly on Windows MCE 2005 on the same...
April 6th 07 09:30 AM
by Barb Bowman Go to last post
9 208
Adaptec AVC-3610 in Vista? by Noozer
Can anyone tell me if they have the Adaptec AVC-3610 usb dual tv tuner working under Windows Vista?
March 7th 07 01:54 PM
by David Norris Go to last post
3 215
Adaptec SATA Drivers by Raymond Anthony
Well finally Adaptec posted their Vista drivers for the 1420SA RAID card. I load the driver but Vista and Disk Manager do not see the array. I've tried re-loading but still Vista will not recognize the driver. Adaptec support is all but non-existent. Any ideas? I had 400GB of media that I have on this array from Media Center and I want to use it with Vista Premium. My boot drive is an Ultra...
August 17th 07 01:03 AM
by Raymond Anthony[_2_] Go to last post
2 185
Adaptec Scsi 2930cu - need driver for RC1 by Bruce Arnold
I have RC1 booted from an EIDE drive but I also have drives and devices that run from an Adaptec Aha-2930cu Scsi card. Ven_9004, Dev_3860, Subsys_38699004, Rev_03. All of the Beta's worked until RC1. (With build 5472 I had to manually copy the aic78xx.* files into Windows\Inf folder.) I have not been successful with build 5600, RC1. The latest driver from Adaptec is for Win2k and this doesn't...
September 13th 06 03:43 PM
by Bruce Arnold Go to last post
0 163
Adaptec SCSI and IDE periphrials. by Dark Fact
I was told via Email today that Adaptec has no plans to support Windows Vista in alpha, beta, RC or final stages until after 2007!!! So what can I do if I use the 1200A raid controller do I have to reformat my raid just to put this on? Surely there is adaptec support in windows vista as in XP service pack 1? Any info on the 2940UW SCSI Cards and ATA 1200A RAID controller is appreciated. I...
October 3rd 06 11:00 PM
by Dale Sampson Go to last post
1 158
Adaptec SCSI and IDE periphrials. by Dark Fact
I was told via Email today that Adaptec has no plans to support Windows Vista in alpha, beta, RC or final stages until after 2007!!! So what can I do if I use the 1200A raid controller do I have to reformat my raid just to put this on? Surely there is adaptec support in windows vista as in XP service pack 1? Any info on the 2940UW SCSI Cards and ATA 1200A RAID controller is appreciated. I...
October 18th 06 01:07 PM
by Paul Go to last post
4 235
Adaptec SCSI drivers by nsag
Has anyone gotten Adaptecs Vista drivers for SCSI cards to work? Vista does not recognize the drivers on my machine and Adaptec does not respond to inquiries.
March 8th 07 10:20 PM
by Hugh Wyn Griffith Go to last post
1 142
Add a printer without Admin rights by JerryA
I need to allow students to add a printer at home to their school laptop without giving them admin rights to the local machine. Any ideas?
September 18th 07 11:50 PM
by JerryA Go to last post
0 90
Add an IDE HD to a SATA Vista64 Set-up by WS6TA02
Hi, New to the Vista world and I recently upgraded from an older computer. Now I have an IDE HD that I would like to add to my set-up. My problem is that my MD does not have an IDE connection. I have a lot of pictures that I need to retrieve. I am not computer expert, but have no problems adding components. Is there a certain controller card or adapter I can use that is compatible with...
October 26th 08 04:48 AM
by bmoag[_2_] Go to last post
4 317
add new drive to network by PaulH7436
I have a desktop with Vista and a 1TB WD HD attached via usb cable. My laptop has XP Home. I use MS One Care for the networking and would like to add the usb drive to the network to make the backups automatic. It is already working fine on the desktop. I have been unable to get the laptop to recognize the USB drive. I have tried the help screens in One Care to no avail. Any suggestions...
January 1st 09 09:42 PM
by Timothy Davis [MSFT][_2_] Go to last post
3 205
Add Printer Driver to Vista64 by frank43
Hi, Using Vista64 RTM. Have old Canon BJC-4550 (parallel) with a USB-Parallel adapter cable. I know the adapter cable works (tried it on my Compaq TC1000 running XP32 SP2 which only has USB prots). Anyway, Vista64 automatically recognizes the USB-Parallel adapter cable, so no problemo there. When I plug the BJC-4550 onto the parallel end of the adapter cable, Vista64 recognizes that the...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
January 27th 08 06:18 PM
by soren Go to last post
10 232
Add/remove Hardware Shows Hd by KALISPIMENTA
Hello guys so my add/remove hardware show my hd's has removable.I know the xp fix but i can't fugure it out for Vista64.Please help.Thank You xp fix: In HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE \ SYSTEM \ CurrentControlSet \ Services \ nvata, add DWORD -DisableRemovable-, set to 1. Reboot. xp 64-bit systems use -nvata64-. Some chipsets might use -nvatabus- instead.
October 1st 07 05:18 PM
by KALISPIMENTA[_6_] Go to last post

From The