seem to have a problem with the Screen driver on my Vista ( Laptop by ThElAsT
hello, bought a HP Laptop, with Windows Vista Basic :) my friend have the same thing, But he doesent seem to have the same problem that i got... When evver i play WoW ( World of warcraft ) My screen turns black every 10, to 15 min or so... And it turn's right back on... but every time that happens.. Vista tell's me that something was wrong with the Screen Driver, and it had to...
May 1st 07 08:27 PM
by KevinSFCA Go to last post
2 98
Vista and Windows Mobile 3.0 by kmcg
I am trying to sync an older PDA (Dell Axim x5) running windows mobile 3.0 with windows vista. I followed the links in other posts to the windows mobile device center but it says that it is not compatible with windows mobile versions before 2003. " Windows Mobile Device Center supports Windows Mobile 2003 or later devices. " Since I can no longer run activesync I can not find a way to sync...
May 1st 07 10:14 PM
by kmcg Go to last post
0 92
Stopping Vista from auto-installing drivers? by JackPlaysBass
Alright so I bought an MX revolution mouse and it seems that when I plug in the receiver, Vista will overwrite the drivers that come with the softwareand put it's own "USB Human Interface" drivers in it's place. I'm told that to prevent this I need to stop Vista from autoinstalling these drivers but I have no idea how to do this. I've already gone into the system part of the control panel...
May 2nd 07 12:29 AM
by JackPlaysBass Go to last post
0 100
DVD driver cannot load by Ron
Windows Vista cannot load the device driver for this hardware. The driver may be corrupted or missing. (Code 39). My DVD drive used to work properly but now the device for it cannot load (Code 39) above. Can anyone help me to resolve this problem. Do I need to go into the registry? Thanks in advance.
May 2nd 07 12:57 AM
by Michael Solomon Go to last post
1 108
Screen corruption - ATi Radeon 9550 AGP w/Vista Ultimate by John
I have just installed Vista Ultimate with the latest Catalyst display drivers and latest Hyperion chipset drivers for my VIA KM400-based Athlon motherboard. I have a lot of garbage on the screen and don't know how I can get rid of it. My machine was reported as being Vista capable. The computer doesn't lockup or anything and runs fine, but the screen corruption is very difficult to cope...
May 2nd 07 01:10 AM
by John Doe Go to last post
2 103
Please help. Code 39. by Jemini
Alright, my DVD+/-R/W / CD-R/W drive is missing. I went into the device manager and there it says: "Windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware. The driver may be corrupted or missing. (Code 39)." My computer is barely 3 months old and was bought with Windows Vista on it, as well as all hardware installed. I have run into many solutions for my problem, but they seem to be for
May 2nd 07 01:40 AM
by Rick Rogers Go to last post
1 104
HP Photosmart 7550 Printer and Windows Vista 32-bit by NBK
Hi Has anyone gotten this printer to work in Windows Vista? HP has yet to provide any Vista drivers for it. Thanks NBK
May 2nd 07 03:16 AM
by Hereyago Go to last post
6 149
event id 1 system log by elmoono
At every boot i get this error: Initialization of the High Precision Event Timer failed due to a BIOS configuration problem. The operating system will use another available platform timer in lieu of the High Precision Event Timer. Contact your system vendor for technical assistance. Initialization status: 1. Event ID1 source HAL
May 2nd 07 05:02 AM
by slimf Go to last post
3 101
Vista and plaid screens by casach06
Every once in a while randomly my computer will suddenly "go plaid." For instance the computer will run fine for a full day then the next morning when it boots up the screen might completely turn plaid once its all logged in. Other times we'll be using the computer for different tasks and the screen will turn into a few different colors in box form and look like a plaid shirt. I thought it...
May 2nd 07 05:07 AM
by casach06 Go to last post
2 114
samsung ml-1710 laser, install network printer, 'workaround' by [email protected]
vista home prem preinstalled on T2250 laptop 1GB ram repeated tries to install printer (attached ot another computer on small LAN), gave "... not enough memory.." type message. connected ml-1710's usb directly to the vista. setup printer. asked for CD. offers list (chose newest, winxp). printer installed ok. printed from this connection. connected vista computer back to to LAN. this time was...
May 2nd 07 06:06 AM
by [email protected] Go to last post
0 129
plug and play by George
My Vista doesn't recognice my card reader or panansonic digital camera, and error message of code 28 shows up. Help.
May 2nd 07 11:04 AM
by George Go to last post
0 109
Vista what is wrong... Not Getting my "wow" Experince!!!! by Philz
Let me get the specs out of the way first: Q6600 Intel @ Stock 2.4ghz 4x 320GB Segate 7200.10's SATA in raid 5 (864gb) 4gb G.Skill Memory DDR2 800 XFX 6800gt PCI-E (yes i know, i just built it and am waiting for R600) (tried 101.7's and 158.18) EVGA 680i SLI "A1" revision Motherboard (Latest Drivers) Vista Ultimate x64 (Sans "wow") Now i have no idea what i did or if i missed a memo, but my...
May 2nd 07 02:04 PM
by Kerry Brown Go to last post
5 92
Video Refresh Rates by Paul Wain
Hardwa Dell Latitude D620 w/ Nvidia NVS 110M Dell 2405FPW (24" Widescreen) Issue: Typically I run at 1920x1200 @ 60Hz. At this resolution/refresh rate things look fantastic.
May 2nd 07 03:33 PM
by Paul Wain Go to last post
0 94
DVD/CD Rom and other external drives locked by vista by tinmann
DVD/CD Rom and other external drives locked by vista. so when you plug them in or try to run a cd it just comes up with the messages optical device locked ?? Any idea how to un block them.
May 2nd 07 03:46 PM
by tinmann Go to last post
0 119
Dual 7800GTX Video Cards in Vista 64 bit Home = No SLI by drybones
I do have the "WHQL certified US English driver under the 7 series from NVIDIA" installed as of yesterday. And the "Device Manager" Hardware, Display Adapters, NVIDIA 7800GTX do show the updated drivers. Problem. No SLI. Several attempts to enable it have failed. Yet my WINXP SP2 2005 Media Edition runs perfectly in SLI.
May 2nd 07 06:34 PM
by drybones Go to last post
2 106
Xfi Soundcard by chris p.
Hello, I switched from XP Pro to Vista 64 Home Premium. The problem I have now, my Xfi soundcard wasn't found during vista installation and a check for new hardware shows me, that there is no new hardware, so I cannot install the drivers. What can I do? Does anyone have an idea what to do?
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
May 2nd 07 07:09 PM
by art Go to last post
14 289
SpeedTouch 330 USB ADSL Modem Driver by thedarkmutt
"Jcarlos11" wrote: I'm having a lot of problems trying to install my SpeedTouch modem. No driver's will work. Can anyone please help me? Hey all, I too am having difficultys with my 330, when i 1st installed vista, and the modem drivers all was well, then over night the same problem devloped, its there but vista will not use it, i rang the the line on the speedtouch website and they...
May 3rd 07 12:11 AM
by farshad Go to last post
1 149
Cannot get Intel 3945ABG to work on Sony Vaio by Denver Root
computer I am running Vista RC1 on my Sony Vaio, and I am unable to get the wireless card to work. Windows recognizes it and everything, and it is not "disabled" by Windows' standard, but it will not work. The windows troubleshooting says that the hardware switch for the device may be turned off, thus not allowing it to run, but this is not the case. My wireless switch is turned on. Sony...
May 3rd 07 01:08 AM
by ceo_mobile Go to last post
6 219
Audio Output Device and Hibernation by garryp
I am using vista ultimate 32bit and when my computer comes out of hibernation I get the message "No Audio Ootput Device Installed" and the sound will no longer play until I reboot my computer. I have two computers both with the same hardware configuration and they both have the same problem. How can I stop this from happening so that I can let my computer hibernate rather than having to turn...
May 3rd 07 01:41 AM
by SPC Mitchell, Andrew Go to last post
1 104
Fax and Scan: Permission problem for device model by xfile
Hi, Cross-post to: microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices. And you may wish to give the model name of the device that is having the problem as mentioned in another thread. Good luck. "Pam" wrote in message
May 3rd 07 03:28 AM
by xfile Go to last post

From The