Graphic Card Setup Problem? by Daniel- Sydney
Hi I am running Ultimate, I have a system with the following specs. CPU - P4 3.2 HT Graphics Card - nVidia 7600GT 256 meg (latest driver 158.18) RAM 2.5 Gig Hard drive Maxtor 150 Gig 10,000 RPM. Motherboard - Asus P5SD X2 When I was running XP Home I got 21,000 with 3DMARKS 2001 SE,
May 25th 07 01:03 AM
by Daniel- Sydney Go to last post
4 161
USB Pen Drive Causing Vista Ultimate to Hang by WelshWonder
I have been experiencing problems when using my usb pen drives, when inserted vista finds the drives with no trouble and installs them fine, autoplay opens and lets me access the drive, however when i try to navigate around the drive after this the whole system grinds to a holt and does not let me do anything within explorer until i remove the pen. This is only occuring on my ultimate...
May 25th 07 07:50 AM
by WBurchnall Go to last post
1 128
Gateway Notebook Model MX6956 No audio after Vista Upgrage by diamondheels02
I've been through the technical assistance with Gateway and they tell me that there is no driver yet to support the sound card installed on my Gateway notebook which is less than a month old and supposedly "Vista Compatible". Is there anything I can do to get the sound working on this computer?
May 25th 07 10:08 AM
by SGIFL Go to last post
8 265
MS IR Receiver sticking/overflow by stuart_b
I've recently purchased a HP s7750 and using it as a Media Center in the sitting room. I'm running Vista Home Premium. To complete the set-up I bought the MS Media Center Remote Control and Keyboard. However, they've almost unusable in recent days as single key presses are repeated ad infinitum and phantom key reads and disrupted use of the machine. It appears to be the same issue reported...
May 25th 07 12:57 PM
by Synapse Syndrome Go to last post
1 123
Video Card for Vista by Timo
Want to install Vista on my desktop, but video card is not supported. Is there a way to find out if the one I'm considering buying is?
May 25th 07 03:31 PM
by Roy Coorne Go to last post
3 128
"this is my main monitor" setting not retained after going into standby... by Mark
I have a Dell Latitude 820 Laptop and 2407 Display on a docking station I use the 2407 as the main monitor. Every time the computer is put in sleep/hibernate/restart/shutdown, the main monitor status returns to the laptop. Is there anyway of making it stay with the external monitor? TIA
May 25th 07 03:33 PM
by Mark Go to last post
0 137
Bios Upgrade PB iMedia MC 2470 by Daibach98
I was having problems with USB 2.0 , sound card reloading drivers etc. Problems all resolved with updating bios to VISTA version. DO NOT USE XP UPDATE IT MAY BE FAULTY. HOWEVER Once Bios was updated I was prompted to re-vaildate my copy of VISTA. This odes not happen automatically. I had 45 minutes onto Support from Microsoft. I am UK was passed to validation in USA passed to Support in USA,...
May 25th 07 07:04 PM
by Daibach98 Go to last post
0 152
Philips DVD8801 by Daibach98
My DVD drive , a Philips DVD8801 suddenly stopped working last night. I had just installed Vista and later Office2007. All was well then I accepted some updates from Microsoft, two failed, out of 8, but thereafter my DVD does not show and attempts to load or update the driver get an error39 code. Also my USB 2.0 is now USB 1.0. All items plugged in have the message "this device would rune...
May 25th 07 07:05 PM
by Daibach98 Go to last post
5 180
Resolutions, a final word please. by Daibach98
Could I suggest that those helped by the forum finish off with a confirmation that the resolution offered worked. If there are multiple suggesteion could the Original Poster advice which worked. This would allow others reading the posts looking for solutions to see what works and what does not. Just a suggestion in grateful thanks for the help recieved here.
May 25th 07 07:07 PM
by Daibach98 Go to last post
2 119
XP help, VGA driver by Marilyn
I am trying to install software for an older camera and I am getting a message that I need to reinstall the VGA.DRV. How and where do I get this driver?
May 25th 07 07:33 PM
by Michael Solomon Go to last post
5 158
sony handycam, can't capture videos by Sanisandra
sorry, this is going to be long, because i am very frustrated. I have a sony handycam and I am trying to get the videos onto my computer. before i had vista everything worked fine, now it does not work. When I use sony's own program ( picture package ) with usb-stream I can get the videos but without audio ( yes I tried every sound device ), when I try plug-and-burn, my camera is not...
May 25th 07 07:40 PM
by Cari \(MS-MVP\) Go to last post
1 112
CD Drive Problems by Ross
My CD Drive wont read ANY discs, in device manager the ! is next to it so i click on it and it said this: Windows cannot start this hardware device because its configuration information (in the registry) is incomplete or damaged. (Code 19) Click 'Check for solutions' to send data about this device to Microsoft and to see if there is a solution available. I dont understand what this is all...
May 25th 07 07:41 PM
by Michael Solomon Go to last post
1 102
Palm Lifedrive vs VISTA by Spradogg
What is : Internal Error. Failed to initialize PalmOneRemoteLibrary. ????? Please help!!! Thank You!!
May 25th 07 08:59 PM
by freddy Go to last post
1 122
Reverse "Don't ask me again" for a device detection? by Peter
I accidentally told Vista to "Don't ask me again" for the wrong device and now it doesn't detect my wired mouse if I move it to another USB port. It does appear, however, as an unknown device in Device Manager, from where I can reinstall the drivers using my Bluetooth Mouse. I always like to have both handy in case of BT losing connectivity. So how do I reactivate the detection? --...
May 26th 07 01:02 AM
by Peter Go to last post
2 94
Reinstallation of drivers after reboot by Past_Due
Everytime I shut down or reboot my system, my drivers for my hardware reinstalls!? This includes my sound card, TV card, and keyboard. The most frustrating is when I start Windows Media Center I have to go through setting up my TV signal again which takes about 5min. I originally thought this is how Vista operates, but now I'm starting to wonder as I can't find any reference for this...
May 26th 07 01:26 AM
by Past_Due Go to last post
0 103
Speakers suddenly not working by IWantXPBack
Windows Update ran last night, so when I woke up this morning my computer had restarted. Now the speakers aren't working. If I connect headphones to the jack, I get sound, but nothing from the speakers. I've gone through and checked the properties on the speakers, and everything is fine, according to Vista. It's a brand new (bought in March) Lenovo Thinkpad T60 with Windows Vista
May 26th 07 03:09 AM
by IWantXPBack Go to last post
2 109
Slow Internet After Vista Wakes From Sleep by danP25
When I wakeup my computer after Vista has been asleep, my internet connection is significantly slower. For example, pages that would normally take 1-2 seconds to load take 10-20 seconds and images are always very slow to load. The problem can be reproduced without fail. After a restart the speeds are what I would expect. Put the machine into sleep mode, then wake it back up, and suddenly my...
May 26th 07 08:12 AM
by Neil Harley Go to last post
4 160
No mouse and keyboard after sleep by Neil Harley
All. I've just installed Vista Ultimate and everything is up and running with no problems. I have the latest drivers for the motherboard and graphics card but when I resume from sleep mode I am left with no mouse or keyboard. The only way I can get it working again is to hold the power button in or reset the PC. MSI K9N Neo Sapphire 1300XT (512Mb) Athlon 64 X2 5200+ 2Gb Corsair DDR2 6400
May 26th 07 09:40 AM
by Neil Harley Go to last post
2 116
Help, Video card issue? by Hammerj
I have a ATI Saphire 1600 512meg video card. The index is a 4.6 for graphics and a 4.9 for gaming graphics. The problem is everytime I play Chess Titans the screen freezes (Complete Lockup) and I have to power off computer and restart to get it to work again. I have all updated drivers for the card. What could be the problem???
May 26th 07 02:41 PM
by Paul Eaton Go to last post
5 115
Invalid INF file by mhtweety
Hi, I have some trouble using a Sony Network walkman with Windows Vista - it ran fine with XP using the same version of Sony´s SonicStage that supposedly has all the drivers. The message I keep getting is that there is an invalid section of the INF file - does anybody know how to solve the problem. The problem occurs with two different devices.
May 26th 07 04:35 PM
by Mark Bourne Go to last post

From The