Defrag by S Murder
I've heard reasons why they dumbed down the new Defrag tool, but here's one excellent reason why any feedback at all would help. When I run the tool manually that stupid circle rotates and there's a message saying it could take a few minutes to a few hours. Well, unless I shut down the program it runs for days on end. Clearly if it was running everyday at 4 AM it wouldn't take that long to...
July 26th 07 10:32 AM
by Achilles Go to last post
3 204
Ready Boost Not Working by Lyndz Clark
I have a maxtor one touch III USB device and I am un able to run ready boost on the device. It says that ready boost does not have the required performance characteristics for use in speeding up your system. It has 200 GB and I have only used but a couple GB. And it asks me to retest and I click that bytton and nothing changes. I need help and I was told this device would help speed up my...
July 26th 07 11:43 AM
by beto666[_3_] Go to last post
7 118
Lots of problems with Windows Vista Home Premium by Katja
As you can see I'm not that satisfied with Vista. I just bought a new Asus Notebook. The Notebook has a integradet webcam. I downloaded Msn because I want to do live-chats. After installing Msn it worked once. When I tried to start it agian nothing happened. Than I thought: well ok lets try Skype. Skype starts but the cam does not work. When I start a conversation only the micro works. The...
July 26th 07 12:01 PM
by Malke Go to last post
3 116
trouble with Microsoft wireless notebook optical mouse 4000 by hongbit
plz help me I have use window vista, after i have brought wireless mouse 4000 it have worked properly. After i have used for a month, it suddenly stopped working. i unplug usb receiver for a while, then go back again, it works!! but within a short time. after that i have download http://www.microsoft.com/hardware/mouseandkeyboard/Download.mspx from this web site i have answer 4 questions...
July 26th 07 01:30 PM
by hongbit Go to last post
6 118
How do I create a new partion? by Sean
How do I create a new partion in win vista prem. if the extend option is grayed out in the disk management applet ? The shrink option isn't?
July 26th 07 02:02 PM
by usasma Go to last post
4 136
Basic Optical Mouse-Device Not Recognized by Barry
I purchased 6 Microsoft Basic Optical Mice for my office. So, I thought since I just bought this nice HP Compaq 6515b Laptop AMD Turion64 running Vista Business 32 - that I would use one of these mice. Well Vista says for all of them "USB Device Not Recognized". Then I got 1 to work. I unplugged it and then when I plugged it back, "USB Device Not Recognized. All of these work on many...
July 26th 07 03:16 PM
by pangolin Go to last post
7 172
Fingerprint reader stops working after sleep/hibernate by gariva
I have been looking arround for a while but I don't seem to find an answer for my problem. I got a HP NC4400 tablet computer with 2.5 gb of ram and vista enterprise running on it. This computer has a fingerprint reader that works fine until the computer goes to sleep or hibernate mode. After resuming everything seems fine but the fingerprint reader doesn't work. Is there any solution for...
July 26th 07 04:39 PM
by huwyngr Go to last post
8 149
Epson Ink Monitor in Vista? by Larry
Per the Epson website, the drivers for many Epson printers including my R200 are 'in the box' and Epson does not offer a separate Vista driver. My R220 does operate correctly with the Vista driver, but when it is accessed through printer properties it does not offer the ink monitor that the XP driver did. I do get something in the notification area saying that the ink is low when I print...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
July 26th 07 06:54 PM
by Kareena Go to last post
11 224
Latest drivers by Jon
I have 2 Vista PCs and the drivers on my oem's website (dell) are more recent than my current one. Both my Vista PCs have automatic update on and I have manully checked both for updates needing my permission to install but the drivers are not there. My question is with my XP PCs Windows update had all the latest driver why is this not the same for Vista?
July 26th 07 08:52 PM
by Wayne Wastier Go to last post
4 138
problem with vista memory by vered
I have Windows Vista ultimate 32-bit Edition, and it says it supports 4GB of RAM. I have only 4GB installed, and yet the computer says I only have 2GB. On the support page, there is an entry about why Vista may show less RAM if all 4GB are installed, but why does it not recognize at list 3.5GB. My board is asus commando and I have enabled PAE and I have enabled memory remapping what else do...
July 26th 07 10:16 PM
by vered Go to last post
5 121
need help with new Intel P4 socket 478 "Metal" retainer/backplate? by GT
I purchase a Intel P4/478 Retainer/backplate Metal coated with non conductive paint (screenshot link below) but the new metal retainer will not work with the original backplate that was included in my hp/asus motherboard socket 478 plastic retainer. the problem is that the backplate that was included in my new intel p4/478 metal retainer does not include some kind of protection this is the...
July 27th 07 12:58 AM
by GT Go to last post
2 107
drivers for my laptop by Christian
ok here i go i had windows vista on a new dell laptop and i formated it with windows xp i cant find my audio driver anywhere for xp could anyone help me plus i cant find my wireless driver if anyone could find these for me or tell me where to get them i would really apreciate it wireless driver is for
July 27th 07 01:28 AM
by Bob Knowlden Go to last post
8 110
BSOD Memory Management and latest was with no reason by qUAan
I just RMA everything with brand new components. I had this problem from May and i thought something is causing it so i RMA everything but its still there. BSOD with Memory Management error, even though i got brand new sticks Asus P5 N32 SLi Deluxe, PD 840, Geforce 7950 GX2 PQI DDR2 PC5400 Bios is updated so are the drivers from the websites i just went under event viewer and i see alot of Red...
July 27th 07 04:18 AM
by BadGesa Go to last post
8 87
ipod nano problem by Marjay
This is for the fellow having the ipod nano problem under Vista 64. I found the inf file names if Apple has not been able to help you.
July 27th 07 05:20 AM
by Pete Shields Go to last post
3 125
Reclaim Hard Drive by Bob J
OS: Vista Home Premiium Currently dual boot to Linux on an external HD, which is fully formatted in Linux, Windows does not recognize that the drive exist (understand) Everything is working just fine. If in the future I wish to reclaim the Ext. HD to windows format, how do I go about? Would a 3rd party partitioning program enable me to see the HD, and reformat to windows format?
July 27th 07 08:02 AM
by Bob J Go to last post
3 104
Vista doesn't recongnize my DVD or CD by Pravin
I own a HP Pavillion Laptop powered by windows vista home premium. When I put a movie DVD I am able to open them in my DVD players like VLC or Quick Play. But the problem is when I try to explore the DVD disk from My Computer, it says "Write a Plain Disk" but the disk is not plain.. I can videos through that.. The same happens to almost all the CDs I use. I tried with yet another CD, which...
July 27th 07 08:34 AM
by alienstew Go to last post
4 142
installing windows xp software... onto windows xp by Erik
i have windows vista, and i'm looking to buy a webcam for my computer. but as i read the description of the webcams, they say 'minimum: windows xp'. what im basically asking, is even if the stuff i install on here, was designed for a maximum of windows xp... can i still install it on a vista computer, and it still work?
July 27th 07 08:55 AM
by P. Di Stolfo Go to last post
1 150
Memory by Pete
I have 4x1GB of RAM installed on my computer but both on Vista and XP Pro installations (dual boot machine) System Properties show 3GB. However, the BIOS and POST when I start the computer show 4GB. It looks like one of the memory DIMMs is faulty unless the OS's only show a maximum of 3GB regardless of how much memory is installed. Should the OS show 4Gb if the memory is not faulty?
July 27th 07 11:30 AM
by Pete Go to last post
1 199
Plantronics headset/mic not working by Chris
Have a new Plantronics headset/mic and the mic is not working. when i first started using the headset, i would plug the mic into the mic jack and Vista would ask me what to do with it. I'd select "Mic" and it would work fine. Now when i plug it in, the headphones work fine but the mic doesn't. Also, Vista does not do what i described above. Is there a way to go search for what's plugged...
July 27th 07 11:38 AM
by freddy Go to last post
1 122
Reset Monitor to LCD by RAJIV7[_2_]
My Monitor is Benq FP222W LCD and operating system is Windows Vista Home Premium. Recently I have down loaded a Windows Hardware update (Benq – other Hardware – Benq FP 222w (Analog) and installed it. After the installation of Windows update the picture quality has reduced and when I check my Monitor through Device Manager it’s shows Monitor as Benq FP222w (Analog). I tried to run...
July 27th 07 11:52 AM
by freddy Go to last post

From The