audio output device missing by jro
i upgraded to windows vista ultimate and lost my sound. does anyone know how I can fix it. thanks
February 28th 07 12:56 AM
by silksoul4u Go to last post
6 279
Vista Bus x64 cant use KVM by JRobere
I've got a new Dell Precision M4400 laptop with Vista Bus x64 on it and a StarTech 4-Port PS/2 KVM that I've used for years. Hanging off the KVM are a flat screen monitor, wireless MS mouse and Dell Keyboard which have all worked fine for a long time. The monitor always works fine for the M4400 through the KVM. If I plug the mouse and keyboard directly in to the M4400 they work fine.
February 14th 09 04:26 PM
by Paul Shapiro Go to last post
5 127
Vista Bus x64 not working on KVM by JRobere
I've got a new Dell Precision M4400 laptop with Vista Bus x64 on it and a StarTech 4-Port PS/2 KVM that I've used for years. Hanging off the KVM are a flat screen monitor, wireless MS mouse and Dell Keyboard which have all worked fine for a long time. The monitor always works fine for the M4400 through the KVM. If I plug the mouse and keyboard directly in to the M4400 they work fine.
February 16th 09 02:32 PM
by JRobere[_2_] Go to last post
2 155
No display/Black screen by jrone
My laptop went to sleep while I was away and I did a manual shut down and turned it back on. The log-in screen appeared, I typed in my password, and when I was taken to the desktop, a black screen with my pointer appreared and that's it. I restarted again...same result. I finally turned on in safe mode and I still cannot see anything but the pointer. Vista Home Premium (SP1) Acer Aspire...
July 7th 08 07:24 PM
by ClausG Go to last post
2 177
Line-in to sound card - no sound, no volume display by JRW
Phonograph player into line-in on SigmaTel sound card has no sound. This worked w/ XP, stopped after Vista installed. Speakers work fine on everything else. Windows Vista help says go to speakers properties, & lin-in is mute by default. (Help picture shows Volume control,Phone Line,Line-in, Aux & Micrphone; but when I go there mine only displays the volume control & the other items are...
December 2nd 07 01:31 AM
by JRW Go to last post
3 138
SD camera media "can't read", hosed my card? by JSF
I was out yesterday and took ~1GB worth of pictures and movies on a 2GB SD flash card inside a Canon PowerShot SD550 camera. When I was done with my ride, I took a quick glimpse of the pictures on the camera, everything looked fine. Then I popped the card out, put it in the USB reader that I have used for a long time and stuck it in my Vista notebook (Dell Inspiron 4150). I got the "can't...
September 23rd 06 07:30 PM
by JW Go to last post
3 166
Help! SATA drive 1/10th the speed of IDE by JSF
Help, I have a Gigabyte board with an AMD quad core, 2GB memory, nothing special. Latest BIOS. I loaded Vista on a fresh SATA II drive, and the performance was terrible. (All tests use the same 850MB AVI file, copied from various locations) Copy from NAS to C: drive
February 29th 08 10:31 PM
by jules Go to last post
7 258
Vista 64 & Asus A8N-SLI premium + SI 3114 raid problem by jsibauste
I setup a RAID % with 4 drives. When I copy large quantities of data, after a while copying, Vista stops recognizing the drives and also the driver in the device manager. I have to reboot the PC. -- jsibauste
May 28th 09 11:36 PM
by jsibauste Go to last post
0 254
ATI All In Wonder 9600 Tuner not working by jskwalleye
I installed Vista Ultimate on my computer, but when I try to run the TV portion of Media Center it tells me that a Tuner cannot be found. I have tried to find info on ATI's web site but it is all very unclear. 1. Should the Tuner on the All in Wonder Work? 2. If so, does anyone know how to make it work?
February 2nd 07 02:48 PM
by JW Go to last post
1 163
Unsuccessful backup. I/O device error (0x8007045D) by JSKY
Hi, I`m new here. I have 2 external HDD, one 1TB is always connected to PC and another 250GB pocket one is only for additional back up of back up. Both of them were formatted in order to be able to do Back Up PC. I was successful only 2 times with back up and now it doesn`t work. I get this error I/O device error (0x8007045D). I tried advice as quoted here below, but unfortunately it didn`t work...
April 9th 09 03:32 AM
by sparkleban Go to last post
2 204
Vista: Infamous Driver_power_state_failure by JSMC
Hey all, Like most I have this annoying death screen, except I have ONE difference! Most people have it happen when attempting to wake up or put to sleep. Mine crashes while I'm in the middle of doing something or nothing. I have had it crash after being awake for 30mins, and suing everything at different times, or it crashes if I walk away for a few minutes. I've tryed to find ways of fixing...
August 16th 08 01:44 AM
by JSMC Go to last post
0 178
Setting up an ATI Radeon x1600 AGP graphics card in Vista by jsoftcheck
Hi all, Currently trying to set up an ATI Radeon x1600 AGP graphics card with 512 MB video memory in a clean Vista Home Premium install. The error code I'm getting after the BSOD is STOP 0x000000EA I've gathered this issue is not uncommon when trying to pair this card with Vista for the first time. To complete the install, I had to swap back to an X800 AGP card.
February 5th 08 02:56 PM
by jsoftcheck Go to last post
0 110
My Laptop Screen by jsrcomputing
Hi i have a sony vaio VGN-FE21M and when i close the lid fully and lock it the screen goes black as it should but when i open it again it wont turn back on. I never had this problem with windows xp.
April 28th 07 05:00 AM
by Swanny_92 Go to last post
4 99
PC shuts off at random by jtblake
My computer just powers off wothout warning sometimes then won't turn on again for several minutes. The computer hasn't been overheating or even under heavy load when it happens. Which piece of hardware is the cause of my trouble so that I can replace it? The motherboard is an ABIT IS7, the PSU is a Coolmax 450W, and the CPU is a 2.8GHz P4 Northwood. Or is the problem with something else?...
January 31st 08 08:27 PM
by DanR Go to last post
6 123
after installing..... by [email protected]
after installing my windows anytime upgrade disk my sound didnt work. it says there are no audio output devices setup but my sound card says its installed. send answer to my thank you √
May 20th 07 01:57 PM
by wkoncw Go to last post
1 240
Audio Driver on HP nc8430 by JTM-HP
This is an odd one... RC1 on an nc8430, I could see the audio device, but no playback or recording devices were availale (no sound) Then I loaded Virtual PC 2004 (unsupported) and W2K3 Server. In the process, the sounds now work in the host O/S. VPC and W2K3 dont work too well... but I got my audio working! 2.0 GHz Centrino Duo 2GB RAM 128M Video RAM
November 5th 06 01:26 PM
by Tom Muchs Go to last post
1 131
USB port shuts down Windows Vista by juan
This might seem like a really odd problem but has anyone had issues with windows shutting down when you plugin something to the USB ports?. I'm open to all suggestions.
May 29th 07 12:56 PM
by mikeyhsd Go to last post
2 150
graphics problem by Juan Carlos
i've pcchips motherboard and chip intel 82845 graphic card, but this dont work, m looking for driver but this not exist yet? what can i do? i've windows vista ultimate. ty
February 14th 07 05:33 AM
by Juan Carlos Go to last post
0 177
DKU-5 nokia cable driver problem by Juan Carlos Zamora
I tried to use my DKU-5 cable to connect my nokia phone, but I didn’t find the vista driver. I tried to install the XP driver, and it installed well, but the port didn’t work. The driver can’t load the .sys file. Have someone a solution for this problem? Thanks for your help. JC
May 10th 07 05:19 PM
by huwyngr Go to last post
3 124
laptop problems by Juan Donosa
everytime i start up my laptop it just gets to the part where u have to put ur password but instead it says its installing updates it got stuck on update number 3 of 3 at 0% and it wont move it left it on for like 2 hours straight and it just stays like that after like a few minutes it just says shutting down... and the cycle starts over again it keeps doing that never any change anyone...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
April 14th 08 06:16 PM
by Juan Donosa Go to last post

From The