Vista vs Ati Radeon by Apache -=CW=-
Hi... I'm new to the groups so forgive me if I posted this in the wrong area. I've been running Vista Premium for about 5 months now. It's not a bad OS, and I have gotten used to some of it's quirkiness. Anyway, here's my issue. I've got an Intel 875PBZ motherboard with 2 gigs of ram and a ATI Radeon X1600 Pro
October 27th 08 10:27 PM
by Apache -=CW=- Go to last post
4 422
no sound and no obvious reason by aparznie
Hello, My computer has suddenly stopped to play sounds. It is very strange because: 1) There is the newest audio driver and it is reported to work properly in device manager (SoundMAX Integrated Digital HD Audio) 2) There are no messages about audio/sound problems in Windows Event Viewer 3) Control Panel / Sound configuration is avaible - however
May 9th 08 07:35 PM
by aparznie Go to last post
3 405
Computer Freezes after coming out of sleep by Apotheoun
My computer (HP m9000t) freezes up after coming out of sleep mode. I have tried turning off sleep / hybrid sleep / hibernate, but the computer still goes into "sleep" of some kind. When it comes out of sleep, I can hear a whirling sound, which could be the harddrive starting up, but moments later it sounds like it spins down and stops, and then the whole computer freezes up, and I have to turn...
March 11th 08 12:32 AM
by Apotheoun[_5_] Go to last post
7 198
Wireless Entertainment 7000 Keyboard Problem by apotts53
I've installed a new MS Wireless Entertainment 7000 keyboard and Wireless Laser Mouse 8000 package recently, and everything seems to work fine, except the Windows button, located in the bottom center of the keyboard, has not operating function. It's supposed to open the Start Menu, and I assume it would run Flip 3D with the Alt key, but nothing. Has anybody had the problem? I can't find...
February 24th 08 07:02 PM
by apotts53 Go to last post
0 140
Can not scroll with laptop by April
The touchpad on my laptop will not let me scroll up and down in my windows and such and I tried looking through the settings to turn it on or something but I can't find anything.
May 27th 07 04:00 PM
by Richard Urban Go to last post
1 153
Soundround 7.1 by aqm_0
Hi, i've a creative Audigy ZS sound card and creative P7800 7.1 speaker system in Windows vista RC1, but it's not working good, that is, with all (7) the speakers, it's only working left and right on front speakers. Why? What can I do for the rest of speakers works Correctly? I have tried to solve the problem but I do not obtain how to do it. Please, if someone can help me I am grateful for...
November 7th 06 09:05 PM
by aqm_0 Go to last post
1 133
microphone stopped working... by aqua_doll
My microphone was working just fine one day n stopped working the other day... i have tried using the mic on another system, it works fine.. also i have run the diagnostic test n that shows that the mic hardware is also working. but it still cant detect any sound when i try to record. when i use the mic to talk over yahoo massenger, only a v v low volume voice can be heard at the other end...
August 17th 07 12:43 AM
by aqua_doll Go to last post
0 161
HDD last sector uneadable under Vista... readable under Linux by Aramys
Hello, I use a 160 Gb Seagate Momentus 7200.2 SATA HDD (ST9160823AS) in my Asus F3Sa notebook and I have the following problem : For security reasons, the encryption software I want to use check if the last sector of my HDD is readable before installing. As it says there is a problem, I wanted to check by myself using the following command : dd if= of= bs=512 count=1 skip=
February 18th 09 05:33 PM
by Aramys Go to last post
8 150
Hauppauge WinTv 878/9 WDM by Aran M
i am trying to get the above card to work with windows vista windows update has said that it has found the updates for that file and the company says that it is compatible with vista, but when i do the updates from windows update it throughs and error code at me #80070002 so i click help and it tells me to go and do all thease things which i have done 4 times and still the same results, so i...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
November 20th 06 05:27 PM
by JW Go to last post
10 251
Hauppauge WinTv 878/9 WDM by Aran M
i am trying to get the above card to work with windows vista windows update has said that it has found the updates for that file and the company says that it is compatible with vista, but when i do the updates from windows update it throughs and error code at me #80070002 so i click help and it tells me to go and do all thease things which i have done 4 times and still the same results, so i...
September 15th 06 08:14 PM
by Aran M Go to last post
0 163
HP ScanJet 3770 by Ararat
I couiln't find drivers for this scanner, but today Windows Update Center said that driver fir that scanner is available. I told to install that update, but there appeared an error with code 80070103.
March 11th 07 10:46 PM
by Hugh Wyn Griffith Go to last post
3 161
USB Devices by Arav
phenever i connect any USB Flash device vista recognise the device but asks for the drivers and the same when i connect to Windows XP professinal then the same will be deducted and ready to use. i am vey disappinted for every device vista asks me a driver . if this is the situation what is the use of Upgrading to Higher version i thought by vista my job will be easier but i found i am more...
October 21st 07 07:43 AM
by Arav Go to last post
0 90
DVD multidrive cant read UDF DVDs by Arbab
i am using Windows Vista Ultimate (32-bit) and i have a Sony DVD multidrive but its connected using IDE...when i insert a UDF formatted DVD it treats the DVD as a blank disk. I have XP on my laptop that reads the DVDs normally. how can i solve this problem??
March 4th 08 07:00 PM
by marct Go to last post
2 151
Sidewinder Mouse macros not working by ArBleiz
OK. First off I had the exact same problem with Habu which is why I bought the Sidewinder (thinking it was the only way to 'resolve' the issue with the Habu). Sadly the Sidewinder is less functional... Here is the issue: Brand new top of line Vista machine and I played with time increments to rule out the "too quick" issue. With Habu mouse, only single key macros can be replayed in game...
January 28th 08 09:56 PM
by ArBleiz Go to last post
0 112
Nvidia Graphics driver problems by Archangel12
Well, I've really messed up this time. I've been having problems with my Nvidia graphics drivers. I have an Nvidia 8600M GT video card in my Dell Inspiron 1520 notebook and I have had constant problems with a certain Nvidia graphics driver. The little blip said that the nvdkllm(I can't remember the complete name) driver has stopped working but has recovered. And this would happen occur while...
December 31st 07 07:36 AM
by Michael Walraven[_3_] Go to last post
2 117
Vista Ultimate loses dvd drives when trying to use WMP11 to burn a by Archivist
When I try to burn a audio cd-rw with Vista Ultimate on my NEC-3500AG dvd writer, Vista loses both of my dvd drives and I have to reboot to get them back. Will WMP only work with a cd-r and not cd-rw? Or is this a bug in Vista?
March 26th 08 05:15 AM
by BigJim Go to last post
1 205
mouse hidding behind text in text box by Arcone
My mouse is seeming to hide behind any text in a seach box, or other such text boxes, i have disabled hide my mouse but it seeps doing the same thing.
March 9th 08 05:49 AM
by Arcone Go to last post
2 131
MP3 player installation, Vista, Driver error - code 10 by [email protected]
Since I purchased my Dell Inspiron with Vista 32-bit (in August of 2007)... I have connected 5 different MP3 players... the 2 SanDisk ones worked ok (drag and drop in window explorer, no syncing) because I could set them to MSD (?) vs. MTP's. However, the Samsung and 2 Creative (including one the one I purchased 2 weeks ago that advertised it was Vista compatible) don't have the options to...
November 15th 08 08:17 AM
by [email protected] Go to last post
0 263
which display adaptor is better by arden
I mainly want an ecomony card like these that support 2 monitors and aero.. Im not interested that much in games.. perhaps only sims or second life, and yes I have AGP so which is better? ATI= http://www.gecube.com/products-detail.php?prod_cat_pid=9&prod_cat_id=169&prod_id=64500 or
December 7th 07 04:37 AM
by Madrang Go to last post
4 142
Problems restarting and shutting down by areaves80
Hello, I had some problems with my computer a couple weeks ago it's an Acer Aspire E380, my husband was getting ready to reformat it and put everything on our external hard drive restarted it but the computer wouldn't boot up. We took it to Geek Squad and they reformatted it and (120 dollars later) said there was no problem with the computer. Now the dumb thing wont restart or shut down. You...
July 29th 09 01:16 PM
by Malke Routh Go to last post

From The