Question regarding 'Event12, Kernel-WHEA' Error Log by sangwooksohn
I have question regarding Kernel-WHEA (EventID 12) error log which seems to appear everytime Windows boots up. I am currently running Windows Vista Ultimate x64 on AMD Opteron 280 box with 4GB RAM. And I see following error log in Event Viewer; Event12, Kernel-WHEA Machine Check Event reported is a fatal Bus or Interconnect timeout error. Memory Hierarchy Level: 3 Participation: 0
February 19th 08 02:40 PM
by Benoux59000 Go to last post
6 123
sony handycam, can't capture videos by Sanisandra
sorry, this is going to be long, because i am very frustrated. I have a sony handycam and I am trying to get the videos onto my computer. before i had vista everything worked fine, now it does not work. When I use sony's own program ( picture package ) with usb-stream I can get the videos but without audio ( yes I tried every sound device ), when I try plug-and-burn, my camera is not...
May 25th 07 07:40 PM
by Cari \(MS-MVP\) Go to last post
1 112
Hard Disk Data Recovery by SANJAY PAWAR
Hi there, My laptop IBM R50 hard drive started giving problem. Suddenly partition table is automatically deleted and my data is lost. I tried recovering using Stellar Phonix but all efforts are gone in vain. Pls suggest, what reliable software should I use to recover it. Thanks in advance Best Regard
November 28th 06 11:15 AM
by Michal Kawecki Go to last post
6 209
file conversion method by SANJAY PAWAR
File which I have created using Windows XP/ Microsoft excel are not opening in windows vista/ Microsoft worksheet. What to do, I do not understand. Pls suggest ! Best Regards Sanjay
April 9th 07 01:45 PM
by Richard Urban Go to last post
1 126
SDIO WLAN support during sleep by Sankara Narayanan V
Windows Vista does not seem to support the SDIO based Wireless LAN cards during standby/hibernate (S3/S4). Seems like Vista blocks the power supplied to the device/bus during the sleep. Power should be supplied to the bus/device if the wireless card need to support wake on feature. Is it a bug or Windows Vista does not implement this support? Any discussions/knowledge sharing/comments will...
July 10th 07 12:00 PM
by freddy Go to last post
4 100
Problem with RAM by SankSoft
I have the following hardwa motherboard Abit AB9 Pro 4 x 1Gb DDR2 PC-6400, 800MHz KINGMAX RAM (two RAM modules are of model: KLDD48F-A8KB5, and two: KLDD48F-A8KI5) Intel Core2 Duo E6600 @2.40GHz CPU Motherboard correctly recognize all 4Gb of RAM (Info at the boot), but when I open basic information about my computer in Vista Ultimate (32 bit) it shows that I have 3070Mb of RAM.
March 30th 07 11:07 PM
by Robert Moir Go to last post
7 149
Windows XP Error Message by santemplar
Please help me. I Windows XP. There was a message on the screen:Due to disconnecting abruptly using power surge set up ' Start Windows Normally'; 'Start in Safe Mode';'Start Mode with Networking'; 'Start with Command Prompt. I searched for away to fix this and I did a System Recovery of all files on hard drive according to directions on HP Support. I recovered the originals files but I now...
May 27th 08 04:36 PM
by Colin Barnhorst[_2_] Go to last post
2 165
Computer crashes with 4gb DDR3 RAM, but works with 2gb by santiago83
Here are my pc stats. Proc. C2Quad 9300, Mobo DX38BT, 4gb RAM dual channel (Kingston set of two 2gb strips, DDR3 1333), NVIDIA GeForce XFX 8800GT 512mb ddr3, HD SG 750gb, PSU Satellite 600w, Windows Vista Ultimate 32 (same problem happened under Win XP, and I´d be willing to move up to Vista Ultimate 64). Here´s the thing. When I turn on my pc with just ONE of the two memory strips (2gb),...
October 6th 08 02:20 AM
by Bob Knowlden[_2_] Go to last post
4 223
Computer crashes with 3gb and 4gb DDR3 Ram, but works with 2gb and by santiago83
Here are my pc stats. Proc. C2Quad 9300, Mobo DX38BT, 4gb RAM dual channel (Kingston set of two 2gb strips, DDR3 1333), NVIDIA GeForce XFX 8800GT 512mb ddr3, HD SG 750gb, PSU Satellite 600w, Windows Vista Ultimate 32 (same problem happened under Win XP, and I´d be willing to move up to Vista Ultimate 64). Here´s the thing. When I turn on my pc with just ONE of the two memory strips (2gb),...
October 11th 08 11:20 PM
by PvdG42 Go to last post
1 236
GeForce Go Problems by Sapaca
I just installed Vista on my laptop and it did not detect my Video Card as the GeForce Go 7200 that it is. I don't know what drivers to go for or anything, and a lot of features are disabled because Vista thinks I have a lousy card. Any help would be greatly appreciated. -Sapaca
October 7th 06 06:28 AM
by Sapaca Go to last post
5 113
SD Card needs driver in Vista?! by SaPhZ
I have an ASUS G1 notebook (Vista Home-Premium 32-bit) with an internal memory card reader. My old camera had a 1gb SD card that wasn't fast enough for readyboost. I just purchased an OCZ 2GB 150X SD Card assuming that it would be more than enough for readyboost. When I put the card into the slot, I get a prompt telling me that the SD Card requires a driver... I tell it to automatically...
August 17th 07 06:24 AM
by DevilsPGD Go to last post
2 104
Deskjet 3822 installation by Sar*
Hi, Having problems installing Deskjet 3822 with Windows Vista. I am also missing the installation CD for the printer. I tried using the set up wizard but it failed to detect that model of printer. Can anyone help?
June 23rd 07 06:45 PM
by freddy Go to last post
1 146
connecting laptop to tv by sara
Hello everyone, iv got a samsung laptop with windows vesata on and iv connected it to my tv but it only shows black and white how do i change it to colour i would really appricate your help thankyou
August 8th 07 01:17 PM
by JW Go to last post
2 96
Mouse wont scroll! by sara
Not sure what I have done, but the mouse will not scroll down the page, all other buttons are working....please help!
November 26th 07 11:23 AM
by sara Go to last post
0 123
Unwanted sounds by Sara
My Dell with Vista Home Premium is less than a month old. I started the process to install necessary components for connectivity with my LG Chocolate phone. Windows detected drivers and installed. I waited for the request to run the Vcast program but none came. Now I get this sound that is very reminiscent of a needle skipping on a vinly record. It is soft and in a repeated sequence-pretty...
May 7th 07 01:48 AM
by Sara Go to last post
0 99
Nvidia display driver stopped responding by Sarah
I'm wondering why I haven't seen any new threads on this problem in about a week. Has anyone actually solved it? Between Nvidia and Vista, I've about had it! Sarah
June 26th 07 06:27 PM
by Richard Urban Go to last post
2 138
Device Manager Blank-URGENT! by Sarah
I installed a PCI card for a firewire cable and also installed the software disk containing the drivers. It would not recognize the new device and now, my Device Manager is blank, sound is not working, etc. Any ideas? Thank you!
March 22nd 08 05:05 AM
by Jas184 Go to last post
6 292
no sound? help by sarah
i have recently had to recover my computer in full i have all of my programes but no sound devices how so i get this back
June 11th 08 05:21 PM
by Bistey Csaba Go to last post
1 179
no sound by Sarah
i recently upgraded to the new windows vista ultimate 64 bit... and ever since i have upgraded i have no sound what so ever.... it says its installed and is working prperly but i cant hear anything.
April 15th 07 03:54 PM
by Cal Bear '66 Go to last post
2 145
The dreaded Display driver nvlddmkm stopped responding message by Sarah
I have now tried to install and re-install the Nvidia driver updates right from the Nvidia site. I followed all of their steps completely. I keep getting the message "At least one display driver is not compatible.. and.. "Incompatible display adapter has been disabled." I have a Dell computer, which had the Intel 82865G Graphics controller driver in it. Would it be colliding with my Nvidia...
June 28th 07 02:51 PM
by Cal Bear '66 Go to last post

From The