Error on Hard Disk 2 message by tipcom1
I have a 2 month old Dell Studio Mini that has been great up until a few weeks ago. My wife went to start the computer and got a black screen that said something like "Windows did not shut down properly the last time, Do you want to start in SafeMode?" When she got it started a tool bar was missing. When I got home i ran Norton DiskDoctor and immediately got this message: Error on Hard Disk 2,...
June 4th 09 04:26 AM
by jakati Go to last post
3 310
Windows Media Player by tio0526
When i was using Windows Vista beta, everything seemed to work fine. Once I purchased and installed the full version (March 07), my computer slowed a bit. Everytime I use media player, even when no other programs are running, my hard drive spins constantly. Songs constantly skip and then my hard drive freezes, my computer blue screens, and reboots with a message says it cannot find the...
June 3rd 07 01:39 AM
by tio0526 Go to last post
0 158
Software and Missing D: Drive by Tiny Lindz
Hello! I'm new at this forum, and I'm a new Window Vista user. The last couple months, I have been having some problems with missing d: drive. I have had it restored from professional help, they told me that if I use a cd rom that is 98/Me/2000/XP it would make the d: drive to disapear. So. I was wondering if this software that I purchased, "Platinum Print Master Version 17", which is...
November 4th 07 10:21 PM
by Malke Go to last post
3 190
Microsoft Basic USB Optical Mouse Problem with Vista Home Premium by tintin
Hi, I recently purchased one Microsoft Basic USB Optical mouse to use with my SONY VAIO VGN-FZ18L which is preloaded with Windows Vista Home Premium. But whenever I plug the mouse to any of the 3 usb ports of the system a dialog box appears saying " new hardware found", but then it looks for the mouse from the microsoft website and nothin happens. Then it asks for the device driver. i've...
December 26th 07 08:42 PM
by chrisd83w Go to last post
2 149
ACPI required for HT by tino
Check the BIOS settings for ACPI...are they on? acpi subcomponents are required.... From: "JW" Subject: Hyper-threading hangs OS loading Date: Saturday, December 30, 2006 8:58 AM Did you fdisk and reformat the old disk in the new machine before trying to
January 30th 07 08:40 AM
by Jussi Palo Go to last post
1 233
DVD/CD Rom and other external drives locked by vista by tinmann
DVD/CD Rom and other external drives locked by vista. so when you plug them in or try to run a cd it just comes up with the messages optical device locked ?? Any idea how to un block them.
May 2nd 07 03:46 PM
by tinmann Go to last post
0 119
i can't start my window by TINGZI
i switched on my computer, and it says that i didn't switch off my device properly the previous time, so it gave me an option to start windows normally. but it didn't start up normally and it didn't work. what can i do to solve it? =((
June 15th 08 10:44 PM
by Colin Barnhorst[_2_] Go to last post
2 164
Line in by tindog
Why has Microsoft removed the Line In option from the recording devices?
March 7th 08 11:03 PM
by Curious Go to last post
8 358
Bluetooth problems by tinchote[_3_]
(I asked this question in the general forum, only afterwards I noticed that this group was available) Hi, I have an Acer 5920 which includes a Bluetooth adapter. I pair a bluetooth GPS with no problems, and any program can open the port and communicate with the GPS. But if I put the laptop to sleep, when I wake it up the GPS still connects to the laptop, but the port cannot be opened anymore....
April 3rd 08 11:24 PM
by tinchote[_4_] Go to last post
2 186
USB devides not being recognised by vista by tina
hi! i have Vista home premium and its been running fine until i try to use USB devices..it chooses when to recognise them.. i have a 250gb external hard drive that when i plug it into any of the 3 USB ports on my computer nothing happens (no noise to say its connected , no autoplay or the drive name doesnt appear in the computer section) there have been occasions where the device connects as...
February 2nd 08 05:04 PM
by Colin Barnhorst[_2_] Go to last post
7 147
deleted WDDM drivers, can't get them back! by Tim_Mac
hi, yes i feel a bit stupid... i was pleased to see Vista had the option to delete the driver software when you uninstall a driver, so i tried it out on the Microsoft ATI WDDM driver before changing to the ATI catalyst driver to see if i could get glass. the catalyst driver didn't work, and now i can't revert to the WDDM driver either. what's more, i have extracted the install.wim file from...
September 28th 06 10:34 AM
by Kikker46 Go to last post
5 182
vista64 doesnt recognize usb-flashdrive by Tim[_7_]
hello, this is my very last try to fix this problem! perhaps the solution is very simple, but i have no more ideas to solve it. i just want to use my usb-storages on my system. neither my 2,5''-usbhdd nor my sandisk cruzr usbstick is accesible. vista asks me to provide special drivers from the manufacturer. but there are no special usb-flash-drive-drivers. the mainboard is a asus p5k. the...
January 29th 08 03:09 PM
by RalfG[_3_] Go to last post
5 180
ATK100 VISTA driver for ASUS S200N notebook by Timu CHEN
I am using ASUS S200N notebook. The hardware comes with XP Pro OS when I bought it. I need to install a so-called ATK100 driver so as to use the keyboard to change LCD brightness, audio volume, go to sleep mode or hibernation mode. Now, I am using an RC1 VISTA OS. When I do Windows Update, the update will help to load ATK100 driver for me. However, when I use it, it has a problem. I can change...
February 16th 07 04:30 PM
by Eric Go to last post
1 219
digital persona 2.0 crashes ie 7 by timster
Just purchased microsoft fingerprint reader and intellimouse explorer 2.0. Software crashes ie 7 frequently. I've searched for solutions just about everywhere. Any ideas or fixes. BTW I'm running vista home premium. -- Tim Styer
July 6th 07 03:44 PM
by timster Go to last post
0 115
VISTA and HP All-in-one printer C5180 --- unknown USB device by TimoKM
I am installing C5180 as USB device - using HP setup CD - printer is unknown. if i install device via network all is ok. What is failing in USB installation? Please give me note. Thanks advice.
November 18th 07 07:43 PM
by TimoKM Go to last post
2 160
My computer has been resetting in 3d programs i need some help!!! by Timohty William Bunston
my PC has been reseting in 3d game and once on internet explore this pc is new but the biulders could not find the problem i have tryed at least 10 vidoe drivers could somone help hope to hear from somone sincerly Timothy Bunston
February 13th 07 12:21 AM
by Mark Maylon Go to last post
1 190
Video Card for Vista by Timo
Want to install Vista on my desktop, but video card is not supported. Is there a way to find out if the one I'm considering buying is?
May 25th 07 03:31 PM
by Roy Coorne Go to last post
3 128
problem the last two weeks by timmjann[_2_]
started with Vista 2 months ago on a new laptop and everything was ok....but suddenly 2 weeks ago I can not open some pages on internet, it says something about HTTP........ I have not change anything on the computer, what shall I do? I logged in on my sons hotmail-he lended it to me so please if you have a great solution my own mailadress is: I am living in Sweden...
January 5th 08 11:40 PM
by Rick Rogers Go to last post
2 117
All-In-Wonder X800 XT "How to get TV to work) by Timmer
I got the X800 XT AIW to work. Took me all day Saturday to figure it out...but I used to spend more time than that installing Windows 95 from floppy years ago =-) 1) Install the drivers and multimedia from the original x800 cd. 2) When the install fails and a pop-up askes to try it again using recomended settings click yes. 3) reboot 4)After install when it is trying to load drivers and...
October 9th 06 04:48 AM
by Timmer Go to last post
5 235
All-In-Wonder X800 XT "Getting the TV to Work" by Timmer
I got the X800 XT AIW to work. Took me all day Saturday to figure it out...but I used to spend more time than that installing Windows 95 from floppy years ago =-) 1) Install the drivers and multimedia from the original x800 cd. 2) When the install fails and a pop-up askes to try it again using recomended settings click yes. 3) reboot 4)After install when it is trying to load drivers and...
October 18th 06 06:17 PM
by camilo Go to last post

From The