Vista + Fingerprint Reader: login error after lock by Speednet
I'm using Vista build 6000 and the latest Fingerprint Reader update (2.0.1.1843). The scenario is that Vista is locked, either via screen saver or Window Key + L. When I try to unlock it, on the screen there is a large icon of a fingerprint (obviously indicating that I should touch the fingerprint reader) and a button marked "Other Credentials". When I touch the fingerprint reader I get...
March 8th 07 08:15 PM
by Michael Go to last post
4 161
Hibernation missing by [email protected]
I am running Vista Home Premium on a home built PC. The motherboard is an MSI nForce3-based board (model # 7025) an Athlon 3500+, 2 GB DDR, very high quality hard drives, an XFX 6800 Ultra, and if anyone needs more info, I can give it to them. Here is the thing, Hibernation is no longer an option for me. I mean that Vista removed it. It was there when I first installed Vista, but now I only have...
February 24th 07 05:42 PM
by Dan Go to last post
2 246
Need help with AMD 3800 X2 upgraded CPU not working right by [email protected]
Hi all! I just updated my Vista, home made, PC from an Athlon 64 3500+ single core chip to an Athlon 64 3800 X2 to take advantage of multi- processing in Vista. Here is the problem. When I ran the benchmarks, Vista is performing terribly. I went from about 12,500 to about 7,500 in 3D Mark 03. I didn't do a clean install of Vista, but the motherboard (MSI 7025) and OS picked up the CPU right away....
March 26th 07 08:55 PM
by [email protected] Go to last post
6 163
Canon LIDE 25 TWAIN Problems by [email protected]
Hi Everyone; I hope someone can help me out. I have a Canon LIDE 25 scanner that I am trying to get to work with Vista. Canon has Vista 32-bit drivers posted on their website. I tried installing these drivers and the Canoscan software, but I am getting error messages. Firstly, the scanner is not showing as listed in the Canoscan
July 24th 09 10:39 PM
by Wonderman[_3_] Go to last post
6 256
Microsoft wireless laser mouse 5000 by spentbros
I just got one of these. I'm running Windows Vista & have been using a wired Intellimouse. I installed the software & followed the installation instructions (I thought), but the wireless mouse & receiver (which the system reports is working normally) doesn't seem to do anything. The old mouse is still installed & connected & works. What should I do to get the new mouse working? Be gentle with me...
November 24th 09 06:39 AM
by spentbros Go to last post
0 152
Microsoft wireless laser mouse 5000 by spentbros
I just got one of these. I'm running Windows Vista & have been using a wired Intellimouse. I installed the software & followed the installation instructions (I thought), but the wireless mouse & receiver (which the system reports is working normally) doesn't seem to do anything. The old mouse is still installed & connected & works. What should I do to get the new mouse working? Be gentle with me...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
November 27th 09 06:28 AM
by spentbros Go to last post
20 544
Connecting to devices on home network by spg7752
Recently purchase a Windows Vista home premium laptop. I can't see the other devices on my home network (PC, Printers). I brought my laptop into my home network workgroup. I have file/print sharing enabled. The network map only shows my laptop and Internet not my desktop PC. I am able to get to the internet of and everything else seems ok. What am I missing???
April 26th 07 06:00 PM
by Malke Go to last post
3 152
Dual HD setup question by Sphynx
My current setup is to have 1 HD with 2 partitions (1 for OS and progs and 1 for docs) and a 2nd HD relegated to backup/archival purposes. However i've been toying with the idea of just putting docs on the 2nd HD and relegating the 1st HD to just OS and progs. My question is, what would happen if I booted up one day whilst having my 2nd HD (where e.g. c:\users\*username*\documents resides)...
July 22nd 07 03:56 PM
by freddy Go to last post
2 139
Winfast TV2000 XP Expert Will Not Record Sound In Vista by spider362
Good afternoon, I have an old (analog only) Winfast TV2000 XP Expert TV card installed on my computer. I am able to watch and hear TV but when I try to record something (Ctrl-R) I get the video but I don't get any audio in the resulting video file. My system is as follows: Vista Premium with SP2
July 19th 09 06:00 AM
by Keith[_10_] Go to last post
1 251
USB by Spiderfreak in Sweden[_2_]
Can anyone please help me. I have four USB ports in the back of my computer. They are all used up. 1: Extern USB HardDive 2: Extern USB HardDrive 3: Printer Canon ip4500 4: USB conectedion for mouse and keyboard.
January 2nd 08 01:33 PM
by John[_22_] Go to last post
3 315
Firewire PCI Card by Spikenaylor
Hi there, I have a Gigabyte P35C-DS3R motherboard and need to add firewire to it. I am using Vista Home Premium 64Bit OEM I cannot seem to find a PCI firewire card (PCI-X is tooo expensive yet) that states it will work in vista 64bit. Has anyone managed to get a card working? and if so what is the make and model (if it is still available). Many thanks.
January 29th 08 12:29 PM
by wayne35 Go to last post
3 129
F: Drive wont recognise disks by spiky1013
I just bought a laptop today and when i put a disk in the disk drive it doesnt even seem to realise its there. I've been trying to install a few games and when i go to my computer then click on the F: drive it says there is no disk and to insert a disk. Does anyone have any suggestions as to how i can get my drive working George
August 24th 07 11:42 PM
by spiky1013 Go to last post
4 152
Problem with Mobile Intel 945 Express Chipset Family by Spinoza
I have a dell laptop with a mobile intel 945GM. When my laptop is on startup a black line appears moving up and down all along the screen, i uninstall the driver and the problem was fixed but the resolution was awful, i reinstall the driver and the problem appeared again. I tried with a desktop monitor and the problem is still there. What can i do?
August 10th 07 02:10 PM
by Chan Go to last post
4 102
Cannot create a bootable DOS floppy in Vista by Spirefm
For reasons beyond me, Vista will not create a bootable DOS floppy. Is this a bug, or deliberate? I f so, why? Colin
October 7th 06 12:53 AM
by Spirefm Go to last post
3 124
Device Issues by Spirefm
I've a feeling that Mass Storage Device may refer to SATA drives even though they are listed elsewhere in Device Manager. I also need a Flatbed Scanner driver for a Benq 4300 with Vista 64 bit. Adn I have Unknown Device too - I've not a clue what this might be as evrything seems to be working OK except the scanner. "rogerlebo" wrote: Hi!
September 23rd 06 04:13 PM
by Spirefm Go to last post
0 159
Vista does not recognise my monitor but XP does by Spirefm
I have an NEC LCD monitor. XP recognised it and yesterday automatically updated the driver for it. Vista only sees as 'PNP'. I sthere some way I can force Vista to use the right drive. Colin
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
September 25th 06 03:58 AM
by JewelsH Go to last post
13 351
SanDisk e260 by Spirit
Just a quick note on a possible problem and solution with the e200 series MP3 players. I have Version 1 - 01.02.24 Firmware as of 6-19-2008. Orginally installed the AutoUpdater software on my Laptop and it and the MP3 player functioned as it should in both MSC and MTS modes. Then for the 1st time I used my built-in card reader and it became drive H: and MP3 player became I: and J: (it had been...
June 20th 08 08:42 AM
by Nonny Go to last post
1 263
LinkSys WRT54G Stops allowing internet access by Spirit
My WRT54G will stop allowing internet access every couple of days, more or less. We had two of these are work which were SEVERAL years older and they did same thing. I have Vista which I doubt is issue since the older ones at work had 95/98 and XP machines. Mine is Ver 8.0 with latest firmware and ones at work were 3 years older and probably never had firmware updates. My access was only physical...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
January 20th 09 11:35 AM
by Bill Leary Go to last post
17 417
Hardware by SPMC computer studies
What is a peripheral???
May 26th 08 10:14 PM
by Richard G. Harper Go to last post
7 168
hardware by SPMC computer studies[_2_]
Which is fastern in terms of access speeda hard disk or RAM?
May 26th 08 10:13 PM
by Richard G. Harper Go to last post

From The