ACPI error and "unkown device" by stealthword
Looks like I am not the only one with these problems!!! I have the "unknown device" in my device manager, it shows as a coprocessor, I do have a duo core processor in my HP notebook. I checked and they are both showing in device manager. This is the hardware id that I got: PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0271&SUBSYS_30B5103C&REV_A3 Also, I am getting an ACPI error in event viewer: IRQARB: ACPI BIOS does...
February 4th 08 06:03 PM
by Carlos Go to last post
8 199
activesync? by Steele
I currently have Motorola Q. Active Sync is not compatible with Vista Ultimate 64. At least I am unable to install. Please inform if there is a updated version of Active Sync released. -- Steele
January 28th 08 04:46 PM
by Carlos Go to last post
3 199
HP Scanjet 4670 series drivers still missing ? by steener
I have not been able to locate any driver suggestions to a working installing the HP 4670VL scanner and HP don't seen to focus their attention on this at all. Anybody got an idea on making this work?
April 10th 07 09:54 PM
by mikem Go to last post
4 141
HP Photosmart 7550 by SteepleChaser
HP Photosmart 7550 Printer support for Windows Vista? Printer fails to complete the install process. Printer installed on dual boot system, working fine on xp side. any ideas would be appreciated Thank You
September 14th 06 01:06 AM
by Peter M Go to last post
3 130
Asus MyPal 620 by Stefan
Hello everyone, I have a problem with my Asus MyPal 620 and Vista Business N. I tried to install the PDA, but Vista cancels the installation. It does install the "Asus USB Sync" device, but the PDA itself shows up as "unknown device". If I try to install the drivers for "Windows Mobile Device" I get the error "The class installer has denied...". Any ideas? Asus sadly doesnt provide any...
January 16th 07 01:12 PM
by Mike Go to last post
5 218
nVidia Geforce 6800 fan doesn't go off by Stefan Eesmann
Hi, in XP the fan was only running when TV functionalty etc. was used, but in Vista it's running right from the start. Turned already Aero off but the fan doesn't go off. Any ideas ?
May 16th 07 11:43 AM
by Guillaume Go to last post
6 109
Drivers for HP 7695 by stefano
Does anyone know if there are drivers available for such PC ?
November 24th 06 09:02 PM
by Cari \(MS-MVP\) Go to last post
2 120
ADSL USB Wan Adapter by Stefano
Hi, I've just installed my RC1 Windows Vista and it's not detecting my ADLS USB Modem, which is an Arescom Telindus ND220B (supplied tipically by the net-companies in Italy). I'm not able to find any driver for it and obiouvsly the old ones provided for XP are not useful. While reading some posts here I noticed any in which a possible conflict with LAN cards is discussed, but Vista seems to...
January 16th 07 05:08 PM
by geniettomio Go to last post
1 104
IPOD by stefano
Hi , I'm running vista RTM ultimate Each time I connect my Ipod vista wants to run a scan of my "disk", I select don't scan and procede . But It's quite annoying . I suppose it should recognize the IPOD and do not ask for a HD scan to fix it. Is there a way to fix such annoyance ? Thanks Stefano
January 13th 07 12:43 PM
by stefano Go to last post
5 330
No audio output device by Stefano Colombo
Hi , I have an HP NX7400 Notebook on which I've installed Vista Ultimate RTM. The audio device is a Soundmax integrated device All is working except for audio . In device manager I see that audio device should have been recognized , in fact I see a HIgh definition audio device with microsoft driver. There's also an unrecognized device which could also be the sound card. On the taskbar...
February 7th 07 06:07 AM
by Jupiter Jones [MVP] Go to last post
4 189
Old Vaio Mouse Problem by [email protected]
I have an old Vaio Laptop PCG-F650 and most of the time use an external compaq PS/2 mouse through the 9-pin connector in the back instead of the touch pad. The external mouse works fine, but whenever I boot the computer anew, the mouse freaks out only by touching it; it's all over the screen. Then, I have to unplug the mouse, touch the mouse pad a couple of times; the pointer eventually stops...
December 5th 07 04:40 PM
by [email protected] Go to last post
0 100
TouchPad for Toshiba Satellite A205-S7468 by Stefy
Hello I really need some help with my computer while I'm not a profesional person on IT field. So , I'm trying to use the TouchPad instead of mouse but is not working.Please help -- Luckyme
July 24th 08 10:09 AM
by Richard G. Harper Go to last post
1 170
ntoskrnl.exe error by steguy
Hi everybody, Sorry to undig this old thread but I encounter just the same problem after changing my motherboard/processing unit (+ I changed from AMD to intel). The shop tech I bought my material from installed this : - new Gigabyte motherboard+ Q6600 quad core - existing IDE hard drive on which XP is installed (or rather was before I changed the MB). According to the BIOS it is set on...
August 29th 08 12:15 PM
by steguy Go to last post
0 209
CD-ROM DRIVE by Stena
Just got a new computer, Acer with windows vista.. however when I put a cd in or a dvd in to play nothing happens.. I've checked to see that it is set up to automatically play or download or such (in the control panel).. this does not seem to work. Anything I have forgotten to do, or need to redo? This computer is brand new, not even a week old! Anyone out there who can help out, this would...
December 25th 07 03:47 PM
by dgmacmi Go to last post
2 94
Optical drive not recognised by system. by Stephan
Hello, I've recently bought a new laptop. It is doing fine and dandy, but it won't play any DVD discs. I thought I'd ask a question here first before returning it to the manufacturer. I am a first time Vista user, but otherwise I have quite a good know-how of computers. This is the situation.
April 8th 08 09:51 PM
by bsam358 Go to last post
2 227
dedicated disk, dedicated server by Stephane
hi, can somebody tell me what's the meaning of a decated disk, and dedicated server? thanks in advance Stephane.
July 4th 09 04:31 PM
by Malke[_2_] Go to last post
1 276
Windows vista on External Hard disk by Stephane
Hi, is it possible to install windows vista on External Hard disk? thank in advance
September 6th 09 12:55 AM
by Richard G. Harper Go to last post
3 218
Vista CD Content by Stephane Dray
Hello, I have Vista in HP Laptop, whenever i put a CD/DVD with Data, Vista see this disk as a blank media If i open the MS-DOS prompt (cmd) i do dir to the drive i can see the content. Thanks for your help
June 13th 08 03:12 PM
by Stephane Dray Go to last post
2 208
dvd problem under vista by stephan_mc
hi, i have the following problem under vista: i installed vista, but now my dvd drive only acceepts the vista-install-dvd. every every other dvd or cd is not recognised. i tried the drive in my pörtable hard disk drive via usb, same reaction. cqan anybody help?
July 1st 07 02:44 PM
by Peter Foldes Go to last post
6 102
Vista cannot find Bluetooth device by Stephen
I have a Philips 12nb5800 laptop with built in bluetooth and until recently it worked fine. However, now the software (Bluesoleil) I use doesn't recognise my bluetooth adapter. I updated the software and then checked on Device Manager. I found Bluetooth adapter and it said it was working properly but its location was 'uknown'. I checked that the device software was up to date and when that...
April 16th 08 03:43 PM
by Stephen Go to last post

From The