  Rating Thread / Thread Starter Last Post Replies Views Reverse Sort Order
How to read hardware performance counters in Windows Vista by nupurk
Hi, I was wondering how I could read hardware performance counters, specifically the counter storing the number of L2 cache misses, in Windows Vista. I wasn't able to find any WMI classes that store this info. I'd be grateful if someone would point me in the right direction regarding this. Thanks, Nupur.
July 16th 08 09:32 PM
by nupurk Go to last post
0 109
Issues with Bluetooth, it worked before, what did I do wrong? by Vista user in HNL
Sony Vaio notebook with Business loaded Not Bluetooth embedded, so I have been using several adapters, they a 1. Belkin model # F8T013-1 2. Microsoft model # 1063 (part of keyboard/mouse kit) 3. Kensington model # 33348 First started using Belkin adapter after d/loading Belkin's latest drivers, it worked fine until I d/loaded MS's drivers for adapter # 2, as I was instructed in the...
December 29th 07 03:11 PM
by Vista user in HNL Go to last post
0 109
scanning by Rick
I have HP J5750 all-in-one installed.When I scan to wordpad I get error message destination component stopped working windows searches for solution with no solution for problem. Using windows vista basic
December 31st 07 06:32 PM
by rajinisback[_49_] Go to last post
1 109
1900+ rpm fan speed by vistar
my psu fan was going fast (and loud) so i decided to see wat its rpm was on an app called speedfan...adn turns out it goes over 1900 rpm. i shut off the comp for 3 hrs and go back on and the fan speed increases to 1900 rpm in 5 min. is that normal or no??? is there a way to manually change the fan speed.
January 3rd 08 02:10 PM
by Dustin Harper Go to last post
5 109
realtek speakers in acer with os vista by TMC
I DONT KNOW WHAT I DID AND ALL OF A SUDDEN MY COMPUTER JUST DID NOT MADE ANY SOUND AT ALL. I HOPE YOU CAN HELP ME. THANKS
January 4th 08 07:53 AM
by Colin Barnhorst Go to last post
2 109
sound channel problems by Preacher35
OK, I'm have issues with missing channels on my sound card and could really use some help! First, here's what I've got: Intel X6800, BFG 680i mobo, 2gb Corsair PC9136 RAM, Soundblaster X-Fi Fatality sound card, BFG 8800GTX x2 in SLI, Logitech Z5500 5.1 speaker setup. Problem: I installed Vista Ultimate about three weeks ago. I had a small hickup w/sound channels being crossed but was able to...
February 17th 08 07:44 PM
by Snacko Go to last post
1 109
problem in cd/dvd drive detection by avadh2112
Hi . i am windows vista user and i am using a laptop in which since 2 days i m having a problem where the computer is not showing the f drive that is the cd/dvd drive......it only shows "C" and "D" drive and not the 3rd drive which it should show....in the device manager as well its not showing the 3rd drive.So i cant use any cd or dvd as its not showing the device on my pc. help me regarding...
February 16th 08 11:06 PM
by avadh2112 Go to last post
0 109
Recent Device Driver Problem by GeeBee42
Within the last few days (probably since the last big MS update) I now have problems with using external devices. USB drives, memory sticks, mice are either OK or always want a driver, can't find it and then sulks. This has to be caused by the MS updates as everything was fine before then and nothing has been changed by me. Also, the devices have all worked perfectly for the last year...
February 22nd 08 03:37 PM
by JohnDB Go to last post
1 109
cd rom and dvd drives by meron
My cd rom and dvd drives do not turn when I insert a cd. How do I get them to work? H E L P. Thanks, Raya
February 25th 08 12:52 AM
by meron Go to last post
0 109
Ipod and Recycle Bin by SamJean
So, I was stupid in thinking that after I uploaded my songs to my iPod from itunes, that I could just delete them of of itunes so it wouldn't slow my computer down so much. I went to add more songs and it deleted my other songs from it.. I went to Recycle Bin and restored all of the music files but I have no idea where they went and I want to get them back on my iPod without having to put...
December 26th 07 08:16 AM
by SamJean Go to last post
0 109
Cannot Read D Drive by Joe
Hi, I used Vista for the 30 days trial period. Currently, I am operating with the reduced functionality mode. I am trying to reformat my hard drive to windows xp, however my d drive is unable to read any discs, including my reinstallation disc. How can I enable my d drive to read discs so that I can use my reinstallation disc to reformat my computer? Thanks, Joe
December 24th 07 12:38 AM
by Malke Go to last post
3 109
Bluetooth Headphones Setup by Orias
Hi all, Having some trouble getting my new Bluetooth headphones to work on my Vista (Home Premium 32-bit) Laptop. The headphones are the Sony DR-BT21G and I am trying to use them on my Dell XPS M1710 laptop. The laptop doesn't have built-in Bluetooth, but I have a dongle that seems to work ok. I have tried the headphones on my Brother's VAIO running XP and internal bluetooth. They connected...
December 22nd 07 11:33 PM
by Orias Go to last post
0 109
Blu-Ray by Craig008
i have just got me a nice new blu-ray drive for my vista ultimate machine, but all the software i have does not play blu-ray discs for some reason when nero 8 should. what software should i be using does it have to be 3rd party. so u know my machine happily plays HD vids downloaded from PSN but they are in mp4 format - any help is much appreciated -- grapes
January 5th 08 12:32 AM
by Grae Go to last post
2 109
DVD Drive gone! by Inferno[_2_]
Today when i booted up I got a code 39 on my CD/DVD drivers. Where can i find new ones to download? -- Inferno
December 27th 07 01:12 AM
by Cal Bear '66[_2_] Go to last post
7 109
which nvidea drivers do i need for my geforce on vista?? by P
hi guys. pc specs: geforce 7600gt AMD athlon 2gb ram i tryed the latest nvidea drivers, the nvidia vista drivers and both didnt work, when i check display settings advanced the info about the videocard is screwd up and i dont get the geforce tab in advanced, plus according to geforce the vista drivers support opengl, but opengl games wont work, i get
November 15th 06 04:50 PM
by DCR Go to last post
9 108
Windows explorer by docredbeard
I am having a heck of a time trying to view any files with my Lite-on dvd-rw.Everytime I try to view (explore) a dvd or cd disk my computer hangs and windows exployer stops. I have update all available firmware and software. My cd-rom (reader) works fine. Is there any known issues with lite-on or windows explorer in vista?I have the most recent release of vista. thanks
November 21st 06 06:34 AM
by docredbeard Go to last post
0 108
Intellipoint 6.1 won't install by Doc
I'm at my wit's end trying to install Intellipoint 6.1 under Vista Home Premium. Whenever it's run, I get the message "Setup can't continue either because there's not enough free space on the disk or an unexpected problem has occurred." I have 198 gigs free on the disk. I've tried the following multiple times in various orders: 1. right click and "run as administrator" 2. install from safe...
March 16th 07 02:50 AM
by Doc Go to last post
2 108
Web page viewing question by Peptic_Sheriff
I have purchased a new computer with Vista installed I like the look of the program, so far as I just turned in on yesterday. When I view a web site the font that is displayed is not the same as the font the web site used for the home page title. It appears to be larger because the words have wrapped around to a new line. When I view this website with WinXP all is fine. Other websites I have...
March 22nd 07 09:58 PM
by Peptic_Sheriff Go to last post
0 108
G Force Go no Go! by dotcom
I'm trying to install beta drivers from the nVidia web site for the GForce Go 6800 Ultra and the installation stops and says something to the effect that this is not Windows Vista and therefore cannot install the drivers. I am running Vista Home Premium...what gives?
March 26th 07 03:29 PM
by Billy Nicol Go to last post
3 108
GeForce 6800 by Powerbox
Anyone have the problem after installing Windows Vista, which your graphics card onboard cooling fan continually runs? And the I can’t find/access the old NVIDIA settings to see if my graphics card is still over clocked after the Vista beta upgrade.
March 27th 07 11:19 PM
by Dreamsayer Go to last post

From The