Maximum port speed for standard modem need to be increased by blackhornetx
I'm using 3g phone to connect to the internet. Using standard modem over Bluetooth link as a driver, the speed is not as expected since the maximum speed that can be setup in driver properties is 115.2 kbs while the speed offered by 3g network is 384 kbs. So, I hope Microsoft can resolve this problem. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the...
June 22nd 08 09:54 AM
by Richard G. Harper Go to last post
5 147
Resolved: USB HDD no driver issue - Vista - no drive letter by blackskydave
Issue: Vista unable to find driver for external (new) 80gb western digital drive in a Blue Ghost 2.5 Hard Disk Enclosure. All cd supplied drivers did not work with Vista. References by device manager to "inf" being "post Win95" and unable to install. Partial Solution (USB Driver) found using generic driver located at...
July 14th 07 11:44 AM
by blackskydave Go to last post
0 104
Issues with: SiI3132 - PCI Express (1x) to 2 Port SATA300 by blacksnake32v
Hey everyone, first time posting here. Wanted to say "hello" and ask for some help here. Maybe someone's had this same issue... Here is my setup, first of all: QX9770 eVGA 790i SLI 4GB Patriot DDR3 640GB WD HD XFX 9800 GX2
July 3rd 08 02:34 PM
by Gerald Abrahamson Go to last post
5 160
Vista 32 Basic see my SATA drive as a SCSI drive. by black_rose101
Above says it all. How do I fix it so it sees it as a sata and not scsi.
July 4th 08 05:38 PM
by Xenomorph Go to last post
3 218
usb problem by Blade
Hello to all. When I'm using a browser, IE or Firefox, when I click on a tab or just by scrolling on a page, when it's connected to a hub, my mouse act like it's disconnected and I hear the disconnect/connect usb sound, the led of the mouse and keyboard are flashing. While I'm watching videos with media player or power DVD, the keyboad stop working for a second or two, the num lock is...
May 20th 08 02:36 PM
by IkidUnot Go to last post
5 250
Hardware Detection and DriverStore by Blair
When I plug-in a new device, the install comes up and never finds the drivers. It says to put a disk in for everything even USB memory drives. I have to to browse to the C:\windows\system32\Driverstore directory and tell it search. It does find the driver and installs in too. I have to do this for each part of the discovery/installation process. USB Mass storage device, Sony Storage...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
August 18th 08 01:45 AM
by Paul Montgomery Go to last post
13 280
Areo turned off and won't come back on by Blair
Hi, We have gone on vacation and changed the time zone on my computer. When we got back and changed it back to our time, I forgot to shut the computer down and it went into standby. The next day when I start it up again, areo tured itself off and won't turn back on. It's worked fine untill now. I havn't installed any programs lately. I first I thought that it was my AV program that was...
August 9th 07 11:48 PM
by Blair Go to last post
0 123
Windows live messenger mic problem by Blake
so i just got a creative live cam notebookpro and the web cam works fine, but when i talk into the mic the volume goes down and when i stop it goes back up. how do i stop this?? also there will be times the mic wont pic up what im saying.
February 6th 08 11:56 PM
by Blake Go to last post
0 136
How do i find out whats kind of graphics card i am using? by Blal
im tryign to do something but i dont know what kind of graphics card i am using.
November 4th 07 01:01 AM
by Richard G. Harper Go to last post
2 142
k8n neo4 platinum/sli on-board audio problems by Blauto
Windows didn't recognize the driver for my on-board audio. I have no sound and it's ****ing me off. What can I do?
February 19th 07 07:15 AM
by Dominic Payer Go to last post
5 147
microsoft optical desktop 3.00 by bldr
i cannot get my number pad to work. if i get my number pad working then my keys will not work. removed and reinstalled hardware and drivers and still get same results. anyone else having this problem? i would appreciate any help, suggestions or comments.
April 13th 07 03:48 PM
by bldr Go to last post
2 135
Sleep problem with Gateway laptop by blegs38552
I am sure that this has been posted somewhere in this newsgroup since Vista was released, but after downloading 1000 or so headers, I did not see it. A link to a thread, or an answer will be appreciated. I have a 3 month old Vista Home Premium Gateway laptop with 2 GB RAM. When I put it to sleep in either battery or powered mode, it goes right to sleep, However, when I try to wake it up, it...
July 5th 07 01:17 PM
by retexan599 Go to last post
2 112
Bluetooth HID Device Driver Help! by Bleh7777
I accidentally checked the delete driver button when removing a Bluetooth HID Device. Is there any way I can get this OS installed driver back?
February 23rd 08 02:53 AM
by Bleh7777 Go to last post
1 103
Internet "crashes" unexpectidely by bletsonius
running a HP pavilion dv9000 series, with the conexant (Greece) modem F200, latest drivers installed, the problem is that at a random point the internet connection crashes, meaning that it is shown as active but its not, also the modem's program crashes, the "connect to" in start menu, and sometimes even DUmeter (weird?), all other programs stay intact (due to dual core?). Then the only...
May 9th 07 05:01 PM
by bletsonius Go to last post
1 115
Getting Vista x64 to see 4gb of RAM by Blitzer
Hey all, I have 2 1gb sticks of dual channel ram. Was running XP 32 bit before. I added another 2gb stick and since XP can only see up to 3gb, decided to give Vista x64 another shot. (I had used it before but went back to XP because of driver issues) Anyway, P5N-5 SLI is my mobo
July 10th 08 08:41 AM
by Man-wai Chang ToDie (33.6k) Go to last post
7 160
my sata hd is now a scsi device by blitzgp
i just got a new sata HD and installed windows vista. it initially detected my old sata hd, as i had put all my drivers and programs/patches on my old hd to make updating faster. when i rebooted, my old sata hd now appears as a scsi device and it has disappeared from windows explorer and disk managment. -- blitzgp
October 17th 08 06:05 AM
by blitzgp Go to last post
2 186
Tekram 210 IR Mate by blonde
I cannot install this device, I keep getting code 43. tried everything? I used it before I upgraded to Vista, I need it to transfer information from a glucose meter,it was supplied by Roche to use with their 'Compass' system
November 16th 07 05:48 PM
by blonde Go to last post
0 116
Mouse Defaults when Running as Admin by bloomers
Hi I am runnig Windows Vista Enterprise and I have an intellimouse optical. I have the two side buttons set up as cut and paste. When I run an application as administrator, the side buttons do not seem to do anything. What do I need to do to set the button actions for admin? Glenn
November 26th 08 01:32 AM
by Rick Rogers Go to last post
4 332
Monitor Dispaly jumps when to much going on then won't stop by Blown
Hello. I have just done a clean install of Vista on my A7N8X E Delux mother board with and EVGA Gforce 5600ultra vidio card 1.5 meg of ram and lots of hard drive space 200 gig. I know the video card is a little long in the tooth but it worked fine with xp and the arrow glass works fine but when i have to many things open and run something the video display starts to jump up and down. no...
September 18th 07 02:27 PM
by Blown Go to last post
2 175
Sound Problems by bls8195
I have a Dell Inspiron 6400 and my sound card is a SigmaTel High Defininition Audio CODEC well I have no sound how can I fix this, I have Vista Ultimate. it says no output device installed. But when it says configure it is not highlighted for me to click, what can I do to fix this?
June 3rd 07 12:19 AM
by Cal Bear '66 Go to last post

From The