Vista monitor problem by John Pouliezos
Here is my case... I am an MSDN subscriber, so I installed the final version of Vista from scratch (format my XP etc etc) on my laptop. My problem is that the monitor on my laptop is not recognized by the system. And I do not mean the driver. The monitor is inexistent in the Device Manager, and in the display properties, when I enable it, it is automatically disabled, as soon as I apply the...
December 21st 06 06:27 AM
by John Pouliezos Go to last post
7 313
Unknown Device. by David Barratt
Hi all, I've recently installed Vista Ultimate. Looking in the 'Device Manager' I found an unknown device. Upon further inspection I discovered that it is for my Mustek 1200 UB Plus scanner. Under 'Hardware Ids the message is: 'USB\VID_05D8&PID_4002&REV_0100 and USB\VID_05D8&PID_4002. As I understand it there is no driver for this scanner yet. Can anyone
December 21st 06 11:43 AM
by Dave Go to last post
2 1,177
Any update on the Nvidia driver problem/ wrong resolution by Jo
Has there been any update on NVidia's problem of not being able to set a correct monitor resolution for a 1440 X 900 wide screen monitor with it's Vista drivers? Without the correct resoution, the screen looks terrible and I won't upgrade if I don't think the final Vista version has a working driver. For some reason it doesn't set the resolution, even though it detects it from the plug and...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
December 21st 06 12:11 PM
by Wes Go to last post
11 421
Unknown Device in Device Manager (both x86 and x64) by DCR
Robert, It worked like a charm, and I also now have a new device, Microsoft Compliant ACPI System under Device Manager System Devices. Thank you very much. DCR
December 21st 06 05:32 PM
by DCR Go to last post
0 174
Realtek HD Audio Problems? by Kamal
Whenever I plugged in a jack I used to get a Popup saying a jack has been plugged in and it gave me options to select what I plugged in. Now this does not happen and only my speakers work. I am running a Dual Boot of XP and Vista and it happens in both. I've tried driver updates but still no luck. Also in Realtek HD Audio Manager all the jacks are greyed out if that makes any different.
December 21st 06 06:22 PM
by JW Go to last post
3 208
ATi FireGL Vista drivers by Synapse Syndrome
When ATi release some updated FireGL drivers for Vista, would somebody tell me please. Thanks. ss.
December 21st 06 07:13 PM
by Synapse Syndrome Go to last post
0 165
Awakening monitor by Mate
Using a HP Pavilion desktop, t3355uk & a HP 1955 monitor, when Monitor shuts down under "power settings" I awaken it by using Ctrl-alt-del. However, if the comp. goes to sleep, I can wake comp. using any key, yet then cannot awaken monitor. Is it me or what ? Mate
December 21st 06 08:02 PM
by Colin Barnhorst Go to last post
1 204
RTM DVD oddity by warder
This is weird and very annoying... For some reason if I put a DVD (+R) in my drive that is finalized and works perfectly in other PC's, Vista pops up a dialog prompting to Format the drive!!! I cannot see any data at all from Vista. Curiously if I run up VMWare Player, it CAN see the drive and data perfectly.
December 21st 06 09:13 PM
by BobZhome Go to last post
7 295
Windows Vista Hardware Compatibility List by km
https://winqual.microsoft.com/HCL/Default.aspx open only with ie (time being)
December 22nd 06 03:35 AM
by Roy Coorne Go to last post
5 234
Aero Performance on older DirectX 9 AGP adapter with Vista RTM (Nvidia FX5200, Radeon 9500) by Gilles Vollant \(MVP\)
Hello, can we have an idea of aero Performance on older DirectX 9 AGP adapter with Vista RTM (Nvidia FX5200, Radeon 9500) ? In my experience on beta 2, aero performance was good on Radeon 9550 (which is probably one of the less powerfull ATI Radeon DirectX9 chip), but slower and not smooth on Nvidia FX 5200 (which is probably one of the less powerfull Nvidia DirectX9 chip).
December 22nd 06 03:52 AM
by Gilles Vollant \(MVP\) Go to last post
2 224
Vista blocking recordings by John
Hi all: I decided to install Vista Ultimate as a test on the PC we use to run our plasma TV where we have had MCE for at least the last 2 years. We have always been pretty happy with the setup, a few performance hiccups here and there but nothing worse than I have seen with any PVR. So now that Vista is on there, a movie just came on the kids channel that I wanted to record, and I got a...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
December 22nd 06 04:53 PM
by Sinner Go to last post
17 438
MISSING DVD ROM DRIVE by Loaner
I installed RC 1 today and everything works fine except one thing. I am unable to locate my DVD ROM. I've put different DVD's into the Drive and nothing detected. I went to Drvice Manager and nothing. I have a Gateway 610 XL Media center PC with 200 GB HD, 2 GB of RAM , Pentium 4, 3.0MHZ Processor with 800MHz FSB Please Help Thanks
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
December 22nd 06 06:29 PM
by Andrei Bostan Go to last post
11 431
Hybrid hard drives by Kirk
Has anyone seen the new hard drives from Seagate and Samsung? They have made a hard drive with a jump drive on it. A hard drive with 256MB of cache.
December 22nd 06 08:48 PM
by Christopher -- 330 Go to last post
4 233
Adjust my resolution... by Wide Eyed Nerd
Regarding this article, how do I get a higher resolution? Getting the best display on your monitor http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/Windows/en-US/Help/617624ee-08f3-4aff-9713-5e84a9674a261033.mspx It is not a driver or hardware issue. It is Microsoft telling me what is best. But isnt what I want whats best for me? Thanks again, M
December 23rd 06 06:20 AM
by Lang Murphy Go to last post
9 324
problems with my USB devices such as flash disk and memory reader by SOUTY
windows can't recognize my USB devices it can't instal a driver although it works without a driver in windows sp3 my vista is 32bit RTM i have a mp3 player and memory reader
December 23rd 06 05:32 PM
by Theo Go to last post
8 267
Vista can't load DVDROMs by
I have VISTAˇˇRTM and it worked well. However, it could not load the driver for my DVDROM and DVDRW now, even the virtual CD-ROM(Daemon tools). I uninstalled Daemon Tools, and the DVDROMS I have, then restarted the system, but still failed. However, I switch to XP system, they all work well. I have a sound card, modem, and a TV tuner on my PCI slots. I wonder why it is all right in XP but...
December 23rd 06 11:35 PM
by Go to last post
0 389
Unknown symbol in Dev Manager by prdfy
I have been trying to find a reference for this symbol in Device Managewr, but I can't figure out what it is. The symbol is a "Circle with a Grey down arrow inside it". Anyone know what that means? I'm using RC2
December 24th 06 03:09 PM
by Peter M Go to last post
1 240
Slow access to SATA drive by Gerard Frantz
Hi, I've just installed the release version of Vista Ultimate. I did a clean install, formatting the C drive (80 GB SATA). Everything works fine. Now, I have a second drive: Maxtor 250 GB SATA 2 (AHCI). When I access it from Vista, I have some delays accessing the drive: sometimes it works fine, sometimes I have to wait a minute or two to get an answer. I mounted the drive on a XP SP2...
December 24th 06 06:04 PM
by JW Go to last post
3 264
Mute all by Eran
Hi all, Happy Holidays and Happy New Year. I didn't get a reply, so I'm reposting. Any help is appreciated. Using Vista with Creative SBLive. Pressing the mute all in volume control and volume mixer does not mute the speakers, it only grays the volume bar. However, muting the individual items in the mixer does mute that item.
December 24th 06 08:06 PM
by Richard G. Harper Go to last post
1 239
Nvidia Geforce Go 7600 Drivers by Derek
I have a GO 7600 graphics card in my VAIO laptop and if I ever try to activate any of the 3D programmes that use the Areo functionality I am presented with the dreaded blue screen of death. Nvidia have been - lets say "damned unhelpful" and won't answer the question, Sony refer me to Microsoft or Nvidia. Does anyone no how to make the thing work with Vista RC1 ?????
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
December 24th 06 10:25 PM
by Sparkes Go to last post

From The