Repeated Freezing by cfj2222
I installed a clean copy of Vista on an AMD Athlon XP 2100+ system with an NForce 2 chipset, Nvidia GeForce 5200, and 512MB RAM. Vista will work fine, but the pointer, and anything the computer is doing will freeze for about half a second every two seconds. I've never seen a symptom like this before. Any ideas?
October 20th 06 09:05 PM
by cfj2222 Go to last post
0 130
Toshiba e-studio 3510c Driver Won't Uninstall by cfj2222
I accidentally installed a driver incompatible with Vista for this copier/printer. When I try to remove the printer in control panel, it crashes the spooler service. When I try to uninstall it using administrative tools, it says that the driver is in use and cannot be deleted. Any ideas?
June 27th 08 06:51 PM
by PD43[_2_] Go to last post
4 205
Mobile 5 device not found in WMDC. Get event error 7 (rapimgr) by cgrill
Hello, I have had nothing but problems getting my Motorola Q to sync using Vista WMDC. The one constant factor is a mystery event in the app log: Windows Mobile-based USB device is plugged in but is unable get a network with the desktop. I have updated/uninstalled/reinstalled multiple times, turned off the firewall, turned off antivirus, and tried EVERY SINGLE RECOMMENDATION I can find on...
July 29th 07 09:48 AM
by freddy Go to last post
1 108
Vista Business 32bit Creative Driver Issue by ch0ke
I just un-installed the Creative Audigy Audio Processor(WDM) drivers amd Creative Audio Console, so I could do a clean update for Bioshock. I have downloaded 'Creative Sound Blaster Audigy series Vista Driver 2.12.0002', restarted my PC, Vista proceeded to pick up my sound card and asked to install Creative Audigy Audio Processor(WDM), so I said yes. It downloads the driver but then fails to...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
September 13th 07 11:01 PM
by Cal Bear '66 Go to last post
16 318
Fn keys how do I activate them by ch2012
Hello, I somehow managed to deactivate my Fn keys. Can anyone tell me how to reactivate them? I have a Sony Vaio VGN-SZ440 laptop. Thanks -- ch2012
December 6th 08 07:30 PM
by Curious[_5_] Go to last post
3 286
Creative X-FI Driver issues on Vista ? by Ch33zst34k
Help me out guys - I fired up my brand-new gaming box running Vista home Premium and alas, no sound... The device manager says the sound card is working properly, but when I attempt to update the driver to the latets version, I get an error that reads, "You have previously updated the driver without rebooting. Reboot your system now." I have rebooted many times without avail. I have also tried...
December 2nd 08 08:24 AM
by kostrom Go to last post
2 273
RAM Question by Chabulo
I have 2GB DDR2 of RAM in duall channel mode. It's pc 4200 (533MHz). When i use CPU-Z i see only 266.0 MHz Why is this?
August 25th 07 06:28 AM
by sparkinark Go to last post
3 167
video driver update by Chabulo
Hi all, I want to update my PC drivers, but I have one concern. I heard that when you update your video driver or some like that it will disactivate vista. Will this hapen with me too? Info: - Vista Business OEM ( not preinstalled, received it from Moduslink) - Intel GMA 950 - Realtek HD Audio I think that's all the information needed
September 17th 07 02:04 AM
by dean-dean Go to last post
4 123
File System by Chabulo
I bough a readyboost mem stick 2GB and the file system is FAT If I format the drive and make it NTFS will it perform better? And will it work on Xp if I do so?
July 30th 07 05:26 PM
by Chabulo Go to last post
0 111
intellipoint problem by Chad
I have Intellipoint Wireless Laser 6000 mouse and the scroll (mouse wheel) function is not working for some reason. Odd part is it was working, after system restore and again re-installing Vista drivers (as I did before system restore) from here http://www.microsoft.com/hardware/vista/vistasupport/intellipoint.mspx it is not working. How do I fix this?
November 30th 06 03:36 PM
by Chad Go to last post
0 140
directx by chad
i recently have had problems with the direct x and my games running slow. All of the features of direct x are not available. when i run a game like mine sweeper it states it is running in software rendering mode and the hardware accelleration is disabled or video card driver does not support it. How can i fix this?
November 18th 07 10:02 AM
by Sylver_51 Go to last post
2 262
creative driver suddenly gone? by Chad
Very strange, suddenly sound is not working on my creative usb audigy 2nx. I looked in device manager and somehow the default vista driver for my creative (something like 'soundblaster audigy...') suddenly was not listed. I have no way figured out why that happened (worked last night fine) nor figured how to fix this. Creative's official has a driver, it won't install because it is saying...
March 23rd 07 07:29 AM
by dean-dean Go to last post
1 146
Gamma *PLEASE HELP* by Chad
Anyone know of a good small utility to adjust GAMMA in Vista Ultimate? I tried Gamma Panel and Quickgamma, they're old and buggy in Vista, works better in XP. Both do not automatically start up with the saved settings, AND turn off by itself after you manually restart them. Intel's video driver only allows you to adjust contrast and brightness as stupid as it sounds. I have Intel 945GM...
September 15th 07 03:52 AM
by Chad Go to last post
2 115
Video problem on Sony Vaio by Chad
Specs: Vista RTM (from MSDN) Ultimate Sony Vaio (laptop) Core 2 Duo 1.83GHz 2GB Memory Display: Intel (Mobile) 945GM Express Chipset Family
November 19th 06 02:44 AM
by Chad Go to last post
0 132
display problem by Chad
I upgraded my "vista capable" Sony Vaio laptop to Vista RTM (official release). Now, in both Media Center 2005 that came with the laptop AND Vista RTM I'm running now, there is no option to reduce gamma. This is rather strange because the Intel graphic accelerator does not give you the option to reduce below 1.0. My screen is too bright and I have zero option to adjust the display contrast,...
November 30th 06 09:09 PM
by Chad Go to last post
0 151
How To: HP ScanJet 5300C/Make Work Consistently (Finally!!!) by Chad Harris
I hope this helps some people. I rarely post to more than one group, but I know some people have tried hard to get older scanners and printers working often without sucesss. It's sure not a setup issue, but the setup group has morphed into a whatever you want to post about including Outlook since Vista RTM'd--and I want to reach anyone who has had the problem of getting an older printer...
November 29th 07 05:23 PM
by wabisabi Go to last post
5 107
mouse issue??? by chad59
Hi all, first question long time lurker. thanks for all the great suggestions and help you all provide!!! my issue is my mouse it locks up at random times and for different time periods? its a razer death adder has latest drivers and firmware tried a reinstall of drivers and firmaware as well as a clean install of vista. having the x-fi crackin problem too!!! 64 vista ultimate sp1 Amd 64 x2...
July 20th 08 10:57 PM
by roy69[_196_] Go to last post
4 204
No video Output with dual monitors by Chadly
Hey peps if i could get some help here i would much appreciate it. I have a Nvidia 7800 which i recently hooked up another monitor too(dual dvi) I now have no video from media player, quicktime, etc.. Only web based video works(which is weird because the web based video is running wmp. When i unplug monitor 2 the video works fine again, after a reboot and the like of course. Anyone know wuts...
April 1st 08 05:09 AM
by Spirit[_3_] Go to last post
5 192
Vista Sleep / Hibernate and Internet Connection Problem by Chai
Several weeks ago I bought an Acer laptop with Vista Home Premium preinstalled. The laptop came with intergated b/g wireless LAN and I always get "excellent" signal strength from my router. However, I am noticing the signal drops to "fair" and sometimes "poor" whenever the laptop wakes up from hibernate or sleep mode. Anyone has this problem and/or solutions? Thanks!
March 28th 07 01:48 AM
by miramis82 Go to last post
3 131
adsl driver by chainsaw_bike
i cant find a driver for my itex adsl modemthat will work in vista(5600) when i try to install it it says it cant find a file but i have downloadad the driver from different places and ditfferent versions
November 3rd 06 12:01 AM
by chainsaw_bike Go to last post

From The