Threads in Forum : Installation and Setup of Vista Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
MSFT Connect Officially Rejects Public Access to Bugs to Robert by Chad Harris
LOL Robert-- For what I assume is a grown man's body, you pack a lot of epithets you should have left on the elementary school cutting room floor. You're prime time proof of the Wordsworth and Hopkins observations that "The Child is father of the man." The only fluff and bluster and trajectory down fast is your syncophantic feined outrage. Are you a closet Redmon softie?
September 9th 06 04:58 PM
by Chad Harris Go to last post
0 159
MSFT Connect Officially Rejects Public Access to Bugs by Chad Harris
LOL Robert-- For what I assume is a grown man's body, you pack a lot of epithets you should have left on the elementary school cutting room floor. You're prime time proof of the Wordsworth and Hopkins observations that "The Child is father of the man." The only fluff and bluster and trajectory down fast is your syncophantic feined outrage. Are you a closet Redmon softie?
September 9th 06 05:33 PM
by Chad Harris Go to last post
0 125
MSFT Connect Officially Rejects Public Access to Bugs to Robert by Chad Harris
LOL Robert-- For what I assume is a grown man's body, you pack a lot of epithets you should have left on the elementary school cutting room floor. You're prime time proof of the Wordsworth and Hopkins observations that "The Child is father of the man." The only fluff and bluster and trajectory down fast is your syncophantic feined outrage. Are you a closet Redmon softie?
September 9th 06 05:44 PM
by Chad Harris Go to last post
0 168
RC1 can't see raid 0 array by Shane
Hay! I got RC1 installed and it runs great but it does not recognize my RAID O Array. I actually installed the OS on a stand-alone SATA drive. But when I first get into Vista, my N-force 4 raid controller is installed with a driver and everything, but it shows my 2 raid drives as seperate not in a raid array. It does not even recognize that the array has any data on it. Just to make sure I...
September 9th 06 06:06 PM
by Shane Go to last post
6 190
Installation Fails at End of Setup by James
Hello. I have had the following problem with every release of Windows Vista so far. During installation, or actually at the end, during the final phase of setup, the computer stops and displays the error message "Windows could not prepare the computer to boot into the final phase of installation. To install windows, restart setup." My primary disk is RAID 0 and my secondary disk is not...
September 9th 06 06:08 PM
by JDR Go to last post
2 184
Vista Tweak by Franklin
Did anyone find a tweak program for RC1?
September 9th 06 06:09 PM
by Chad Harris Go to last post
1 272
Installation Hangs at "Completing Setup" ? by RICK
Any news on this yet? Same problem with RC1 here.... "Ron" wrote: I have the same problem. There are other issues in this newgroup that have the same proble. So far no solution! "DNA" wrote: I have the same problem - so do I need to remove the DVD when "expanding
September 9th 06 06:14 PM
by Chad Harris Go to last post
1 237
CPU Meter-Want the black one back by Jeff
Hi, Absolutely HATE the white CPU meter. Anyone have an easy solution on how to bring the black one into RC1? Aeroxperience has a zipped one that I grabbed;but don't know how to get it to show up on the gadget panel. Unzipped it and addded to the gadget folder/replacing the white one;but doesn't show up on the gadget panel. So I don't know how to install it on the sidebar. Any help?
September 9th 06 06:21 PM
by Jeff Go to last post
0 236
Vista RC1 installation on ASUS P5B Del/Wifi in Raid0 by Mich
Hello everybody. Hope somebody can help me. The problem is the following. I were attempting now for hours to install vista RC1 on an ASUS P5B Del/WIFI in RAID0 with 2 hitachi 80Gb SATAII drives. Until the selection of the installing drives everything i fine but then I create oe single Volume (160Gb), format it, an when I click Next a window shows up telling me that: Windows could not...
September 9th 06 06:44 PM
by Mich Go to last post
2 399
RC1 Upgrqade fails at "completeing setup" (75%) by RICK
Seen this a few times but no solution. The DVD should be fine as I used it to upgrade another box. I let it sit overnight at the last reboor screen (I think) about 75% done. I power off, and it reverts me back to XP SP2. Upgrade advisor says a couple of things are not compatible (software). I uninstalled them and tried again with same behaviour. This is a new HP Mediua Center PC (7480) with...
September 9th 06 08:30 PM
by RICK Go to last post
0 203
Missing Boot - Whoops! Help! by g0nk
Ok, I had Vista RC1 isntalled on my secondary hard drive, with XP on my C drive. Dual booting. I decided to go with RC1 as my main OS, so I swapped the drives, to make Vista on C and XP on D, and when I formatted the old C drive, i totally forgot like an idiot that the MBR was on that drive, so now i have a Missing boot device... any Vista tools out there that will let me put boot files on...
September 9th 06 09:34 PM
by Frank Go to last post
1 146
MSFT Connect Officially Rejects Public Access to Bugs by Chad Harris
LOL Robert-- For what I assume is a grown man's body, you pack a lot of epithets you should have left on the elementary school cutting room floor. You're prime time proof of the Wordsworth and Hopkins observations that "The Child is father of the man." The only fluff and bluster and trajectory down fast is your syncophantic feined outrage. Are you a closet Redmon softie?
September 9th 06 09:43 PM
by Kerry Brown Go to last post
3 120
C by JB
I get this error after entering my Vista Beta 2 key and accepting the agreement: Windows setup could not reinitalize the deployment engine. To install Windows, restart the installation Any ideas? I am installing on a 11GB partition, non-SATA non-RAID
September 9th 06 10:20 PM
by JB Go to last post
0 350
CD-Images for RC1? by Terry Olsen
I downloaded the RC1 DVD image. Is it available on CD images? The PC I want to install it on doesn't have a DVD Drive. I'm not really wanting to go out and buy a DVD drive just to install.
September 9th 06 11:40 PM
by AJR Go to last post
1 152
RC1 dual boot - won't boot up by jim_from_il
Did an upgrade in an XP/Vista dual boot. Upon the final reboot, the Vista RC1 will not boot up. The PC just re-boots, and gives me possible choices to take (i.e. safe mode, safe mode w/promt, last known configuration that worked, etc. The error indicated to boot up from the install DVD, and choose "repair", I did that but it still fails. I also did not see my Vista partition (beta-2)...
September 9th 06 11:45 PM
by jim_from_il Go to last post
2 175
This is Crazy ...Even for a Beta Prgm by Jim McCree
Below is a list of the items that "currently" function perfectly with Vista Beta 2 on my laptop that are / will not work if I "upgrade" to Vista RC1........There is even a Microsoft product that wont work as well in the list..... a.. eTrust EZ Antivirus 7.1 b.. Intel PROSet/Wireless c.. Nero ImageDrive d.. Nero Vision 4 e.. QuickTime 6
September 9th 06 11:46 PM
by OpeXp Go to last post
5 114
vista RC1 installation DVD by Steven Wabik
i just downloaded Windows Vista RC1 so that i could test it on my Zd8000 notebook PC. i have an issue with it though. when the OS install is done, there are several drivers missing. the tv tuner, sound card, wlan, and a few other device drivers are missing. how can i add those drivers to the installation DVD so that those drivers will be installed on the PC durring the os installation...
September 10th 06 12:10 AM
by Steven Wabik Go to last post
0 159
Windows VIsta rc1 will not Activation by Benjamin
In June this year I signed up for the beta testing and I never download the first beta(i was very busy). Then the other day i got a e-mail telling about the update Vista RC1 and it gave me a cd key. I entered it when i installed it went though but now it tells me that the cd key is invaled to activat. Also i noticed when it booted, it said i have the ultiment versoin maybe this is the...
September 10th 06 12:43 AM
by Mark D. VandenBerg Go to last post
1 145
Downloading RC1 by CrAy-Z
Ok, not so much an installation question.... like a few others on here i have not yet got my email from msft... no biggie i figure its coming and i was just going to try my B2 key anyway and see what happened, i just want to download it now because it will take a couple of days to pull it down anyway at my modem speed... problem is, the only way i can get it without downloading the 907 byte...
September 10th 06 01:18 AM
by CrAy-Z Go to last post
7 159
Activation problem by Benjamin
Hey, I just upgraded to RC1 and when i activat it, the thing tells me my cd key is invalded but it let me installe using it
September 10th 06 01:41 AM
by Benjamin Go to last post

From The